3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 45
Quote:
So... Has the Team Slayer gametype been removed completely, even though the playlist is still called Team Slayer? That was my favorite gametype. We had our choice of loadouts without the BS of random or personal ordnance. It's a shame really, as that was pretty much the only thing I could count on to play in matchmaking. Legendary Slayer never gets voted through (bad kids love their randomness), BTB is still a horribly broken BTB Heavies playlist, SWAT isn't very balanced in this game, and the lack of descoping and the addition of flinch ruins Team Snipers. Every other playlist doesn't really appeal to me.

The only thing keeping me on Halo 4 is the Forge and custom games community, and even THAT is dying. I think that alone speaks volumes. If the Forge community is even giving up on the game, well... It's not a good sign.

Please bring back Team Slayer and stop perpetuating the problems with Infinity Slayer.

team slayer is STILL the second option in voting

it has not changed....
Quote:
Quote:
So... Has the Team Slayer gametype been removed completely, even though the playlist is still called Team Slayer? That was my favorite gametype. We had our choice of loadouts without the BS of random or personal ordnance. It's a shame really, as that was pretty much the only thing I could count on to play in matchmaking. Legendary Slayer never gets voted through (bad kids love their randomness), BTB is still a horribly broken BTB Heavies playlist, SWAT isn't very balanced in this game, and the lack of descoping and the addition of flinch ruins Team Snipers. Every other playlist doesn't really appeal to me.

The only thing keeping me on Halo 4 is the Forge and custom games community, and even THAT is dying. I think that alone speaks volumes. If the Forge community is even giving up on the game, well... It's not a good sign.

Please bring back Team Slayer and stop perpetuating the problems with Infinity Slayer.

team slayer is STILL the second option in voting

it has not changed....
You sure? I'm seeing the voting options of "Infinity Slayer, Infinity Slayer, Legendary Slayer".
Quote:
I didn't realize that thorough quotes were a requirement for an effective reply.

I answered your question, and quoted my previous comment to show that I had essentially answered it before, also. I didn't quote the rest of your post because you have already complained about not being able to get a match against people of similar skill level. Now, you are apparently willing to consider "de-leveling" to play against people that you can easily defeat, simply because you want a fast pre-game search time? That is an unfortunate attitude, to say the least.

Quote:
You sure? I'm seeing the voting options of "Infinity Slayer, Infinity Slayer, Legendary Slayer".
That trio of options appears occasionally. The majority of the time it will offer you "Infinity Slayer, Team Slayer, Legendary Slayer."
I would LOVE legendary BR's to be moved in to the first voting spot.
Infinity Slayer is Random and un-fun
Quote:
Though I would prefer Team to be in the first slot, I wouldn't mind Legendary being there. Infinity should be in the last.

To me, it doesn't quite make sense to bias the voting slots towards what already gets picked the most often. Since Infinity gets picked the most often, why should it be the default on a tie? You would think you would want the less frequently voted for options to be the default on a tie to give those who want to play the alternate gametypes a chance to play them. Infinity doesn't need any voting help - it does quite well on its own.

I can most certainly understand having an on-disk map in the first slot for the splitcreeners, but I would prefer either Team or Legendary in the first slot for gametypes. Same goes for SWAT . . . Covie & Forerunner should be at least the second option, not the last. Having them last almost guarantees they will never get played . . . even when you put together a full team that wants to play them.

Please consider Bob's suggestion above.

On an unrelated note, please reconsider the CSR reset. The downsides far outweigh the upside.

When CSR was reset for the weapons tuning, here's what happened:

1. Poor-to-mediocre players spent more than a month getting crushed because the system matched them with highly skilled players, since the system had everyone at the same level. My K/D was above 1 prior to that, but plummeted to well below 1 during. It then stabilized once the system sorted everyone skill-wise, but I still haven't been able to fully recover back to 1 from that reset. So the bottom end of the playing pool will highly dislike the matches they will get when this is done.

2. Excellent players who got their 50's in the playlist will suddenly have to re-attain them. With a diminished pool of players, this will be even more challenging for many than the first time around. And what good is being able to achieve a 50 if it can get reset the next day? The top end of the playing pool will highly dislike having their achievement erased.

3. The middle guys will be fine. While they'll get crushed by the top end they're suddenly matched against, they will be able to crush the bottom players. So while it will be okay, the benefit is somewhat minimal.

I don't think this is something most players want. With the population as low as it is, I would like you to be very careful when considering things that could really piss people off - as we need to hold onto as many players as we can to keep the game playable.

Please reconsider your plans to do this.
I wasn't sure whether to post this in War Games feedback or Matchmaking but I'll post it here as well in hopes that someone will read it:

With the upcoming leaderboard and CSR reset, I see no better time to switch Team Slayer from an individual based CSR playlist to a team based one. If you want the leaderboard to have ANY competitive merit, it should be based on if a player is winning. A player who gets 24 kills may get the highest score in a game...but if he has 26 deaths and little to no assists, he is NOT helping the team. The player who gets 12 kills, 12 assists, and 6 deaths will not place as high despite helping his team. Individual CSRs promote selfish play. I am bringing this to everyone's attention BEFORE the leaderboards go live. People who want to climb the leaderboards are going to play as selfishly as possible to the detriment of the team. Please consider making the switch since this is the most opportune time!
At no point in time should a party of ANY NUMBER EVER be split and JIP a game .

If you are searching with them they should be on your team...

This goes for every Team playlist ....
Quote:
I wasn't sure whether to post this in War Games feedback or Matchmaking but I'll post it here as well in hopes that someone will read it:

With the upcoming leaderboard and CSR reset, I see no better time to switch Team Slayer from an individual based CSR playlist to a team based one. If you want the leaderboard to have ANY competitive merit, it should be based on if a player is winning. A player who gets 24 kills may get the highest score in a game...but if he has 26 deaths and little to no assists, he is NOT helping the team. The player who gets 12 kills, 12 assists, and 6 deaths will not place as high despite helping his team. Individual CSRs promote selfish play. I am bringing this to everyone's attention BEFORE the leaderboards go live. People who want to climb the leaderboards are going to play as selfishly as possible to the detriment of the team. Please consider making the switch since this is the most opportune time!
THIS RIGHT HERE.

I honestly had a game today where I had a perfection and another player had a "higher score" than I did. How does that make sense? If I go 15-0 and the other guy goes 15-7, not that he had a bad game by any means (at least by my standards), but still he didn't play as well as I did that game.

And, I still don't get how people that have a negative k/d can have a higher CSR than I do in Team Slayer either.
CSR has been a poor beast from the first time it was introduced by 343. If anything, CSR promotes getting that rank at any cost. Most gamers will do whatever it takes to win regardless of the consequences, its become a sad fact of life.

In all honesty, the dev team should remove CSR, work less on maps, and focus on the real issues that make people want to go play other games. Skill wise I'm up there, I've played games with people that frequent NK's (Nocturnal Kernel) Inner Circle and I'm right by them skill wise. CSR though and that's only at 21 or 23 at last check. Every single person I've played that's CSR >27 (i'm being generous CSR24-27) has only won because the playing field was uneven. (For clarity, I'm not referring to skill).

How you can get a 3 shot kill with a BR coming around a corner without using some sort of device is beyond me. I'm sure it was actually 4 shots but shooting them at max fire-rate as soon as they come into LOS even with promethean to line shots up perfectly makes it pretty clear what's actually happening. Its just too bad that specific issue has been ignored.

I could go on a rant given the fodder currently available, but I summed up most of what's wrong in a constructive manner in a previous post. I will say this though, whoever is making the key decisions really needs to stop running things like a Microsoft project. To clarify that I mean aiming for mediocre instead of excellence. Some of the keynote issues that put people off have been around since the genre began, others simply because 343 didn't follow tried and true game development practices of a make or break a brand, title release.

As an unknown, a lot of people were willing to give 343 the benefit of the doubt to see how they'd be as a company, the next Halo release won't be as forgiving especially given the already unfavorable attitude towards the Xbox One.

Moral of the story, always have a public beta. You can't beat free unbiased testers and free quality market research.
Quote:
Team Slayer should be in the first slot as its a compromise between Infinity and Legendary.

Team Slayer, Infinity Slayer, Legendary BRs.
Quote:
Quote:
Team Slayer should be in the first slot as its a compromise between Infinity and Legendary.

If they are trying to make it more of a RANKED STYLE playlist it needs to be Legendary BR's everything else is less competitive and more unpredictable .

If they are just making it a team based CSR and not changing anything else then what you said is fine.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If they are trying to make it more of a RANKED STYLE playlist it needs to be Legendary BR's everything else is less competitive and more unpredictable .

If they are just making it a team based CSR and not changing anything else then what you said is fine.
There's a difference between ranked and tournament. Team Slayer is Halo 4's base Slayer playlist and such should cater to what is Halo 4, ranked or unranked, and the Team Slayer variant is that. I'm all for Legendary being a voting option, but it shouldn't be the premier option. It terms of what you're seemingly talking about that's what Throwdown is for.
Quote:
There's a difference between ranked and tournament. Team Slayer is Halo 4's base Slayer playlist and such should cater to what is Halo 4, ranked or unranked, and the Team Slayer variant is that. I'm all for Legendary being a voting option, but it shouldn't be the premier option. It terms of what you're seemingly talking about that's what Throwdown is for.
Team throwdown is a 4v4 competitive MLG/AGL style playlist NO RADAR

Team slayer should be balanced and even for both teams (infinity setting are not)
i dont want to turn it into an MLG style playlist i just what is to be balanced better
The biggest problem in this playlist is quitting. A lot of player are quiting and they are not getting punished at all. They can just search for a new game. EVERY game more than 2 players leave the game, sometimes someone JiP but sometimes not and one team is one, two or sometimes even three plagers less than the other team.

The smaller issues:

Please remove infinity slayer. It's not fun with all powerweapons, perks and AA. Team slayer is okey and should be the main gametype in Team Slayer. Legendary BR is awesome!

Shotout is not a fun map and should be removed. It plays very slow and a lot of players are camping on the map with swords, snipers and shotguns.

The fuel rod on solace should be replaced with a less powerful weapon, like the railgun. I think also that the spawn times on the overshield on abandon, simplex and adrift should be increased from 90 sec to 2 or 3 minutes, or replaced with powerweapons. Other than that I think that all the maps are good.

If it is possible you should try to improve matchmaking because a lot of games end with one team outplaying the other.
Will the new team slayer playlist be getting a update to remove infinity slayer / as the update is geared towards the more competitive style of play .

Or what kind of updates/ fixes will we see
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't realize that thorough quotes were a requirement for an effective reply.

I answered your question, and quoted my previous comment to show that I had essentially answered it before, also. I didn't quote the rest of your post because you have already complained about not being able to get a match against people of similar skill level. Now, you are apparently willing to consider "de-leveling" to play against people that you can easily defeat, simply because you want a fast pre-game search time? That is an unfortunate attitude, to say the least
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What exactly is a team-based CSR ranking system? There are so many situations, more than I can count that I have performed best in the entire game and still lost due to my teammates. does this mean that in those games that I do the best, and still lose, my CSR will not go up?!?!

This team-based CSR ranking literally makes no sense to me I enjoy going into the playlist by myself and playing games and doing well by myself without having to play with the team pregame lobby.

I am currently of 50 in this playlist and have well earned it only due to the fact of my own personal skill. The games that I play and do well and I deserve to rank up where has my teammates may fail I don't deserve to be put down with them.

Someone please reply to this I am getting very frustrated with the concept of this new system.
Quote:
What exactly is a team-based CSR ranking system? There are so many situations, more than I can count that I have performed best in the entire game and still lost due to my teammates. does this mean that in those games that I do the best, and still lose, my CSR will not go up?!?!

This team-based CSR ranking literally makes no sense to me I enjoy going into the playlist by myself and playing games and doing well by myself without having to play with the team pregame lobby.

I am currently of 50 in this playlist and have well earned it only due to the fact of my own personal skill. The games that I play and do well and I deserve to rank up where has my teammates may fail I don't deserve to be put down with them.

Someone please reply to this I am getting very frustrated with the concept of this new system.
Team playlists will be based off a team CSR.
You will have to play as a team or get a party of 4 and search TEAM WORK IS KEY
as its a team playlist.

It's for the better in the long run and i have left many posts about why it is a few pages back.
Quote:
Quote:

Team playlists will be based off a team CSR.
You will have to play as a team or get a party of 4 and search TEAM WORK IS KEY
as its a team playlist.

It's for the better in the long run and i have left many posts about why it is a few pages back.

No you are wrong they are switching to a team-based CSR. It used to be based on a individual skill level which is in this case the most effective and reasonable way.

You're also missing my point. The point is that I don't want to have to find three other people to play team slayer to have my CSR continue to be a 50. I also don't want to be penalized with my CSR if my teammates skill level is subpar to say the least. Just plain unfair, unreasonable, and extraordinarily stupid.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 32
  4. 33
  5. 34
  6. 35
  7. 36
  8. ...
  9. 45