the social weekly playlist is not social

OP Dead Cassette

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
Just laugh at all the tryhards getting sweaty over nothing. Enjoy it.
I just hate that it still tracks kills and deaths...
social play should be one who play simply to play, they shouldn't care if they win or lose, play vs mic users or not, play vs teams or not. to me social play is playing simply to play, could be with friends or by myself, it won't change how I act when I play "socially". I play ranked if I want to win or care about how others play. social should be a "i give no -Yoink-" playstyle.
I don't get all this "social" playlist malarky. I play Arena, with friends, we're social. It should just be called 'unranked'.
I do have to say though it's sad this playlist can't just be a fun playlist, it had to be contaminated by tryhards. I'm a tryhard myself in normal arena but I just wanted to come into some games, no mic by myself and just practice, but nope, running against teams of 2-3 playing who are calling out, strafing hardcore and crouching till their thumbs bleed.
social play should be one who play simply to play, they shouldn't care if they win or lose, play vs mic users or not, play vs teams or not. to me social play is playing simply to play, could be with friends or by myself, it won't change how I act when I play "socially". I play ranked if I want to win or care about how others play. social should be a "i give no -Yoink-" playstyle.
try telling that to people who spawn trap. if i go in sprinting everywhere. not caring if i go agaisnt 3 people. guess what happens we either loose get staked or spawn traped. so no im not ganna play "socially" when all it will do is just cause a headache.
v Stoney v wrote:
I do have to say though it's sad this playlist can't just be a fun playlist, it had to be contaminated by tryhards. I'm a tryhard myself in normal arena but I just wanted to come into some games, no mic by myself and just practice, but nope, running against teams of 2-3 playing who are calling out, strafing hardcore and crouching till their thumbs bleed.
dude thats exactly what im feeling. everything you said is exactly what i went thru today. im just like fine ill go tryhard too but when you dont got callouts from your team like they do it gets frustrating
Lol so people talking to eachother and using mics isn't social?

Umm, okay.
v Stoney v wrote:
Just laugh at all the tryhards getting sweaty over nothing. Enjoy it.
well yeah but it doesnt make the game magically fun
gethtones wrote:
Lol so people talking to eachother and using mics isn't so
gethtones wrote:

Umm, okay.
you missed my entire point. i dont mind people having mics its what your supposed to do anyways i encourge it but when you queing solo you shouldnt be matched agaisnt a whole team calling you out when your teamates wont call out
BBT2014 wrote:
ikr it is so annoying.same with war zone keeping your kd. i did not know that it did that i played SUPER casually and now i have to rescue my kd with swat
gethtones wrote:

Umm, okay.
lol according to him its not
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it. ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no. everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social
well you did not play reach
and it should not count towards your kd
BBT2014 wrote:
ikr it is so annoying.same with war zone keeping your kd. i did not know that it did that i played SUPER casually and now i have to rescue my kd with swat
gethtones wrote:

Umm, okay.
lol according to him its not
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it. ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no. everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social
well you did not play reach
i played every halo game to date and none of them matter because we are talking about halo 5 not reach
everyone watch out we got a tryhard over here
man I'm having a blast playing social
everyone watch out we got a tryhard over here
tryhard i dont even try in that playlist. i try to win ofcourse but im not screaming callouts and crouching everywhere
Just because it's social doesn't mean that people just stop trying. Get over yourself.
man I'm having a blast playing social
its fun but playing it for a couple of hours straight shows the true colors of this playlist
CHRIS673 wrote:
Just because it's social doesn't mean that people just stop trying. Get over yourself.
no -Yoinking!- -Yoink-. i said the same thing in the post that im going to try and win and they are too. that obvoius. my whole point is that labeling it social doesnt make it social. or did you not read?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9