Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

the social weekly playlist is not social

OP Dead Cassette

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
Didn't read most of it as I just scanned through it. I haven't played the social playlist but will say yes ten players on these rather small maps is to much. Just because it's social doesn't mean it has to be frantic and pure chaos and instant deaths. Why make it 5v5? Why change stuff just for the sake of hey we changed it..... it really should be 4v4 like the other playlist.
CHRIS673 wrote:
Just because it's social doesn't mean that people just stop trying. Get over yourself.
There a difference between someone who tries and a tryhard. Going into the game and just messing around isn't what we're talking about, people aren't just jumping around grenading each other for fun, they're trying to win, but it's the fact that people are treating it like arena making it the opposite of a social playlist (social meaning what it used to mean in matchmaking, the fun playlist), that's why it used to allow people to have guests only in the social playlists. I played earlier with some friends I normally do arena with and for some reason they were trying getting all frustrated and treating it like we were in an arena game.
I don't understand why people think that players wont play to win cause its a social game.

Social Playlists of CTF, Slayer ect have never made sense to me.

Why play a competitive gamemode without ranking where your much more likely to come across a better Halo player that will destroy you ?
LethalQ wrote:
Didn't read most of it as I just scanned through it. I haven't played the social playlist but will say yes ten players on these rather small maps is to much. Just because it's social doesn't mean it have to just me a match of pure chaos and instant deaths. Why make it 5v5? Why change stuff just for the sake of hey we changed it..... it really should be 4v4 like the other playlist.
thats why im saying what was the logic behind it ? 343 wont say
Social is I play my same style but don't truly care if I win or lose because I'm not ranking up or down.
v Stoney v wrote:
CHRIS673 wrote:
Just because it's social doesn't mean that people just stop trying. Get over yourself.
There a difference between someone who tries and a tryhard. Going into the game and just messing around isn't what we're talking about, people aren't just jumping around grenading each other for fun, they're trying to win, but it's the fact that people are treating it like arena making it the opposite of a social playlist (social meaning what it used to mean in matchmaking, the fun playlist), that's why it used to allow people to have guests only in the social playlists. I played earlier with some friends I normally do arena with and for some reason they were trying getting all frustrated and treating it like we were in an arena game.
exactly my point i go in all happy and fun and come out frustrated and i dont even mean to and its because its competitive and every single second i have to watch all my corners dont sprint and try to team shoot. ishouldnt have to do that in a so called social playlist. arena is a different story i go rambo and dont stop
Social is I play my same style but don't truly care if I win or lose because I'm not ranking up or down.
idc either but that doesnt make it less frustrating or boring to play
Again, social or competitive depends entirely on a person's mood. I can care about winning or I don't have to. People play competitively in social and people play social in competitive. Don't know why you guys care about all your KDs and crap.

Personally, if I made a game I wouldn't track deaths. Just kills. I've never seen anything good come out of tracking deaths.
I'm actually baffled at the amount of people who complain that these social playlists we get are just unranked competitive matches. Do you people even consider the previous Halo games? In practically any Halo game starting with 2 a social game-type was still a normal mode that just didn't show your rank and still tracked kills and deaths.
Welcome to real lifeeee! You ever go to your local court and ymca no matter how casual it is. There will ALWAYS be that one guy that plays and calls could like its the NBA finals. Only video games are no different. Blame human nature not 343!

Social or not I still wanna know my kills and death why not? I've seen ppl take a loss in husky raid seriously. Some ppl can't be help! Specially if in ranked playlist or competive basketball they get schooled. Gotta take out frustration someone
CHRIS673 wrote:
Just because it's social doesn't mean that people just stop trying. Get over yourself.
no -Yoinking!- -Yoink-. i said the same thing in the post that im going to try and win and they are too. that obvoius. my whole point is that labeling it social doesnt make it social. or did you not read?
Dude calm your -Yoink-. a lot of people probably didnt read your WALL OF TEXT.
Learn to space your paragraphs. This aint english class but if you want to get your point across, you gotta make it a bit more palatable for others too. There's a reason why "TL;DR" exists in the first place.

And I agree with what someone else said. it should just be called unranked. "Social" was created because of the "Guest" accounts on split-screen. Now that there's no longer any split screen then there's really no point in calling it "Social"

I wish they had a social FFA though, where I can actually join w a few buddies and fight them too. I usually dont have enough for an 8 person FFA customs match but me and a few friends would love to go into the FFA playlist together. Im sure there would be plenty of people trolling and unfairly working together though.

and see OP? This ^ was much easier to read than whatever the hell you posted.
It brought me back to arena. The first few games were tough, as you relearn maps, but after four I got the hang of it. I am glad people are playing to win, played against some tough teams, that is good as it improves my skill. If you get bent because someone is competitive on this list a FPS game is not for you.
Again, social or competitive depends entirely on a person's mood. I can care about winning or I don't have to. People play competitively in social and people play social in competitive. Don't know why you guys care about all your KDs and crap.

Personally, if I made a game I wouldn't track deaths. Just kills. I've never seen anything good come out of tracking deaths.
again i compelety understand that which is why there shouldnt be a a social playlist it doesnt make sense
CHRIS673 wrote:
Just because it's social doesn't mean that people just stop trying. Get over yourself.
no -Yoinking!- -Yoink-. i said the same thing in the post that im going to try and win and they are too. that obvoius. my whole point is that labeling it social doesnt make it social. or did you not read?
Dude calm your -Yoink-. a lot of people probably didnt read your WALL OF TEXT.
Learn to space your paragraphs. This aint english class but if you want to get your point across, you gotta make it a bit more palatable for others too. There's a reason why "TL;DR" exists in the first place.

And I agree with what someone else said. it should just be called unranked. "Social" was created because of the "Guest" accounts on split-screen. Now that there's no longer any split screen then there's really no point in calling it "Social"

I wish they had a social FFA though, where I can actually join w a few buddies and fight them too. I usually dont have enough for an 8 person FFA customs match but me and a few friends would love to go into the FFA playlist together. Im sure there would be plenty of people trolling and unfairly working together though.

and see OP? This ^ was much easier to read than whatever the hell you posted.
exactly you didnt read it so you dont know what im saying and im not a 2 year old if you put eveything one paragraph i still wouldve read it. how does what you jsut did make it easier it read? you never seen a paragraph of that length? and this is by far not a wall of text. there has been posts where i had to scroll down ten times. so what are you talking about. my whole point is that there is no reason for a social playlist
It brought me back to arena. The first few games were tough, as you relearn maps, but after four I got the hang of it. I am glad people are playing to win, played against some tough teams, that is good as it improves my skill. If you get bent because someone is competitive on this list a FPS game is not for you.
you failed to read the whole post. im getting bent that im smashing another teams face in because its not fair for them BECAUSE of 5v5 and spawns.
SpitFlame wrote:
I'm actually baffled at the amount of people who complain that these social playlists we get are just unranked competitive matches. Do you people even consider the previous Halo games? In practically any Halo game starting with 2 a social game-type was still a normal mode that just didn't show your rank and still tracked kills and deaths.
this isnt any other halo. this is halo 5. any arena match should be ranked and 4v4. nothing else
What you're complaining about is the lack of party restrictions. This is a 343 incompetence problem. Not a social playlists problem. Social playlists are a must, and i think the playerbase wouldnt have hemorrhaged as bad if they were there at launch.
Welcome to real lifeeee! You ever go to your local court and ymca no matter how casual it is. There will ALWAYS be that one guy that plays and calls could like its the NBA finals. Only video games are no different. Blame human nature not 343!

Social or not I still wanna know my kills and death why not? I've seen ppl take a loss in husky raid seriously. Some ppl can't be help! Specially if in ranked playlist or competive basketball they get schooled. Gotta take out frustration someone
AGAIN I AM NOT BLAMING THE PLAYERS IM BLAMING 343 FOR CREATING A POINTLESS PLAYLIST WHAT PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
Again, social or competitive depends entirely on a person's mood. I can care about winning or I don't have to. People play competitively in social and people play social in competitive. Don't know why you guys care about all your KDs and crap.

Personally, if I made a game I wouldn't track deaths. Just kills. I've never seen anything good come out of tracking deaths.
again i compelety understand that which is why there shouldnt be a a social playlist it doesnt make sense
Yeah, if only everyone would just stop worrying about KD and crap like that.
Welcome to real lifeeee! You ever go to your local court and ymca no matter how casual it is. There will ALWAYS be that one guy that plays and calls could like its the NBA finals. Only video games are no different. Blame human nature not 343!

Social or not I still wanna know my kills and death why not? I've seen ppl take a loss in husky raid seriously. Some ppl can't be help! Specially if in ranked playlist or competive basketball they get schooled. Gotta take out frustration someone
AGAIN I AM NOT BLAMING THE PLAYERS IM BLAMING 343 FOR CREATING A POINTLESS PLAYLIST WHAT PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
Its not pointless, I'm having fun playing CTF without strongholds in the mix.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9