3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
i saw this thread coming a mile aw
The only reason its not social is because its not a social gamemod to begin with.

Want halo 5 to feel social?

have shotty snipes, have team rockets, have fiesta, have team splasers.

you can even innovate and have vehicle only games (if they let you spawn as a vehicle).

The game would feel social if the game modes were more casual. I agree, calling a playlist social doesn't magically change the gameplay. But the gamemode can change the gameplay. CTF in arena maps is too competitive
exactly someone with some brains on here. ctf in halo 5 can never be social. im all for team feista etc and what not
Map design is also an important factor. I get that with new mechanics the layouts have to change but there are hardly any open arena maps with a fun center for carnage. These could be added from forge and what not. This along with gamemodes would make Halo 5 social- and very fun in my opinion because i still enjoy the game
PR3VAILES wrote:
This is the worst Halo game anyway. The game is so fast paced that Team Work is the only way to win.
My play style is literally broken. I used to be able to approach 2-4 people, and beat them every time.
Now I have to have at least 1-2 team mates to win any yoinking battles.
343 should have made this game 50 50, half Competitive and half Social, BUT NO the MP Team only wants competitive.
What? This game has never been like that, in no Halo game was it likely that you would beat 2-4 people on you're own unless they were considerably worse than you. Nothing's changed in that regard, the maps seem to just favor team shots more.
Im fine with the attempts for social playlists, I just wish they wouldn't punish my arena kda. Tracking my overall kd is fine but I don't understand y it hast to hurt my kda
At least I finally get to play capture the flag.
I'm sorry dude, I don't mean to get a 2.0 kd. I don't mean to 3-0 people. It just happens. Whenever I use a mic in social I just say stuff and laugh, like I did at the launch of BTB and Social Snipes. Idc if I win or lose. But I do feel bad that these kids just spam as and don't know anybetter. I want people to have fun in this game but I cant to play like a potato
First game I get wasn't bad. Find out most everyone was plats and golds. Second and third game I'm playing with and against people in parties with them going full sweat mode and calling out. Majority of the ranks were mid to high onyx players. Sorry, but that's not social.

I shouldn't have to purposely play bad just to get casual players.
i saw this thread coming a mile aw
The only reason its not social is because its not a social gamemod to begin with.

Want halo 5 to feel social?

have shotty snipes, have team rockets, have fiesta, have team splasers.

you can even innovate and have vehicle only games (if they let you spawn as a vehicle).

The game would feel social if the game modes were more casual. I agree, calling a playlist social doesn't magically change the gameplay. But the gamemode can change the gameplay. CTF in arena maps is too competitive
exactly someone with some brains on here. ctf in halo 5 can never be social. im all for team feista etc and what not
Map design is also an important factor. I get that with new mechanics the layouts have to change but there are hardly any open arena maps with a fun center for carnage. These could be added from forge and what not. This along with gamemodes would make Halo 5 social- and very fun in my opinion because i still enjoy the game
We have a winner! Social slayer had in previous Halos included smaller BTB and mid size maps in the rotation. The entire focus of almost every map in Halo to date is a smaller Arena feel (even the BTB maps). This will take some time but I'm very confident that eventually social Playlist will get the right maps of all sizes and level of, for lack of a better term, seriousness (boarding action) in their rotation.
I will agree that kd should not count in social. Too many players try to buff their kd in socail.
As long as KD and Commendations are tracked people are going to use the social playlist to try and boost either one.
social has always been, and always will be, unranked.

If anything they should at a separate K/D ratio etc for social as they have for warzone..
social play should be one who play simply to play, they shouldn't care if they win or lose, play vs mic users or not, play vs teams or not. to me social play is playing simply to play, could be with friends or by myself, it won't change how I act when I play "socially". I play ranked if I want to win or care about how others play. social should be a "i give no -Yoink-" playstyle.
Agreed
CHRIS673 wrote:
Just because it's social doesn't mean that people just stop trying. Get over yourself.
So true mate is social I don't care I'm here to enjoy myself not to be a try hard.
lR0NS wrote:
The OP is right, I played a few games last night and the level was more or less on a par with Platinum Arena. Anyone below that might struggle.
Considering this weeks social playlist is CTF, its more likely that you'll be playing against a higher skillset of people since they'll be partied up and working together.
The only thing I agree on is the 5v5. It should be 4v4 the maps are just too small for 5v5.
Dont get your point, complaining because they added a new permanent playlist. Wow lets complain for logic things.
the objective is to win, What do you guys expect, bulid a campfire with the enemy team and eat some marshamallows?
No
Looks like we have a "whiner" too about social playlists xD
I have to agree, it's not really social, and MIC's should be a requirement, it should be built in to multiplayer with the exception of FFA.
I was placed with random people, and I had my backside handed to me for 10 deaths, then came back for a clutch after I learned the enemies weakness's, we fought so fast and furious, my heart was pounding, came back from a 9-23 to win 50-49, there was a Platinum against all of us unranked players, was not social in the least, it was a frag fest, leaping lords of Spartan dropping sticky grenaded doom, phew...
Just because it is named social does not mean the diamond and higher people do not play on it. I myself if I ever played arena and got a high rank I would just stop playing so I do not risk ever losing it and just play social witch I bet any money other people do that. So I just stick to warzone and BtB because I prefer a lot going on instead of worrying about my team sucking -Yoink- to one other guy on the other team.
If was social then make it no party's that would be a first or just stop yoinking around and make dubs perm. Almost everyone has 1 friend playing.
Dont get your point, complaining because they added a new permanent playlist. Wow lets complain for logic things.
the objective is to win, What do you guys expect, bulid a campfire with the enemy team and eat some marshamallows?
No
dude use your brains and reading skills. im not complaining that they added a new playlist. im saying that calling a playlist social does not make it social.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9