4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
Looks like we have a "whiner" too about social playlists xD
how so? i wantred this im glad its here but they easy its setup its just stupid
If people try to win, does that make them tryhards? Some people have ctf commendations to grind. Also, I can argue that 5v5 makes it more chaotic, thus making it less competitive.
Social is so very important, and 343 is not getting it right. There should be a large difference in skill of players in every match under a "social" playlist.

In Halo 3, if you were a 50, you very well might face someone playing their first match. If you're a 10, you very well might face a 30. If you're a 45, you very well might face a 20. That's fun. It's variation. No one constantly has to sweat their butt off, it promotes getting better and learning the game - and having the baseline function of splitscreen with guests sure helped too. Also, XP ranks for individual social playlists were fantastic.
It's a competitive game so expect some resistance. Yes, It's not so social and It's just a pain sometimes but grab some friends and see the magic.
I also don't get how people can claim that Halo 5 is simply more competitive. That's just bogus. It doesn't come close to Halo 3 and Halo 2. Remember when Halo STARTED console eSports? Remember when someone said MLG and the immediate connotation of that word alone was "Halo 3"?
Social died when they killed split screen nothing like playing halo 3 and seeing 4 people on one box I knew I would have a laid back time, but ultimately win.
Gravemint wrote:
Jesus, has anyone here even played any of the good Halos? Halo 3? Social is so very important, and 343 has not come remotely close to getting it right in any of their games. I wonder why all of their games tank compared to Halo 3. Strange. There should be a large difference in skill of players in every match under a "social" playlist.

In Halo 3, if you were a 50, you very well might face someone playing their first match. If you're a 10, you very well might face a 30. If you're a 45, you very well might face a 20. That's fun. It's variation. No one constantly has to sweat their butt off, it promotes getting better and learning the game - and having the baseline function of splitscreen with guests sure helped too, but screw features. Also, XP ranks for individual social playlists were fantastic, so I'm glad 343 failed to include those (in every game they've made.) Lrn2Halo and lrn2social, 343, please.
i played every single halo to date. my main point is that slaping the social label and a playlist doesnt make it social
Gravemint wrote:
I also don't get how people can claim that Halo 5 is simply more competitive. That's just bogus. It doesn't come close to Halo 3 and Halo 2. Remember when Halo STARTED console eSports? Remember when someone said MLG and the immediate connotation of that word alone was "Halo 3"?
as much as i love the older halos they dont even come close to how competitive halo 5 is
It's a competitive game so expect some resistance. Yes, It's not so social and It's just a pain sometimes but grab some friends and see the magic.
duh.
If people try to win, does that make them tryhards? Some people have ctf commendations to grind. Also, I can argue that 5v5 makes it more chaotic, thus making it less competitive.
no it doesnt.5v5 chaotic is not fun. same with 8 man ffa. not fun.
Social died when they killed split screen nothing like playing halo 3 and seeing 4 people on one box I knew I would have a laid back time, but ultimately win.
im glad there is no spliscreen it would kill this game
So what exactly do you want out of social? I wanted them
implemented so I can play with my friends who are either lower or higher ranks than I am and not have to be pissed one way or the other. Sure some games feel sweatier than others. But it is what is. Look at my recent games I finished some games in under 4 minutes others got spawned camped in empire. I'm glad there's finally a no rank playlist other than btb. The 5v5 gotta go though
implemented so I can play with my friends who are either lower or higher ranks than I am and not have to be pissed one way or the other. Sure some games feel sweatier than others. But it is what is. Look at my recent games I finished some games in under 4 minutes others got spawned camped in empire. I'm glad there's finally a no rank playlist other than btb. The 5v5 gotta go though
social to me is unorthodox gamemodes like fesita teamrockets. teamsnipers. mini games. sticky wars. ghost wars. thats social. not arena modes on arena maps. i want social playlists too but i dont what what they have now. and yes 5v5 is the worst thing to happen to this game so far. i should getting the cap with 3 dead
social to me is unorthodox gamemodes like fesita teamrockets. teamsnipers. mini games. sticky wars. ghost wars. thats social. not arena modes on arena maps. i want social playlists too but i dont what what they have now. and yes 5v5 is the worst thing to happen to this game so far. i should getting the cap with 3 dead
Agh I see yeah man I remember swords on guardian was fun -Yoink- hell. Some good laughs. There's no laughs on 5v5 ctf. Let's see where they take these rotating playlists going forward.
https://www.change.org/p/343-industries-convince-343-industries-to-bring-oddball-to-halo-5?recruiter=492603766&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
im having fun...
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
Incredibly unfortunately warzone is no longer social but just as competitive as arena due to try hard teams farming for the Achilles amour, at first it was just in regular warzone, but I was just in a series of games against Pursuantrumblex, (highest level player in game), and his teammates in Whiskey who are all mostly 130+, we were against them in warzone assault and they as god damn defenders, spawn trapped the attackers in the back of the map so we couldn't access any req level above 2 and ended up with KDs of -7s And we had no chance of playing any objective what so ever, Achilles has truly ruined Warzone!
Good argument but there is only 1 metric for ranked,

kd not recorded == social
kd recorded != social

I Would love to see 343 Industries try to worm themselves out of this one,
Exelent ... the social
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
I haven't played any of it yet but I've heard nothing but experiences like this. If you remember back on Halo 4 they had 5v5 CTF and that was more sweaty than Lance Armstrong training for the Tour De France on a bike in a sauna at 110* F. Super saiyan sweaty.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9