2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9
Wouldn't it be great if you could manually reset your rank k/d ratio or delete it or put it on pause/hold....I used to trip over playing for "fun" but then I realized not caring is not having fun.......To end I will say. I play to win..and not play to lose...I like the idea of social playlists but I still do not play to lose at all....Thats my 2 cents.
You asked for social playlists they gave you exactly that...not sure why your complaining seems fine to me.
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
I only got through like half of your post before I couldn't stop my brain from wandering elsewhere. Basically, what I get from your post is that there are plenty of issues that 343 could fix, but won't. And that sounds about right. That's what I feel when I play Halo 5 too.
Sweat mode activated!
EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?
i don't think anyone is arguing with you that Arena is not social. That's why people are complaining that there's no social lol. These half-hearted low balls like BTB and this weeks "social" will never cut it because 343 doesn't want it to be successful. They want their precious playlists to be successful.
i for one am glad this happens. i cant stand it when i get into a game "social, or not" and people just goof around and just "try to have fun". You know what is fun? winning, thats what is fun. Even if im playing warzone or BTB i want EVERY single teammate trying their very hardest. no slacking off. Seriously, if you wanna slack off and just have a good time, go play custom games man. i respect that you dont wanna be a "try hard" so then go play customs, or play fiesta when it comes out. Now i do agree 5v5 is too much. id like to see a "Legendary slayer" playlist come out that uses community remakes of OG maps and it turns off sprint and spartan abilities and you spawn with H2 BR. Now that would be a somewhat chill game mode
fTL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
Ya I think it's funny how they call it a permanent playlist but they tell you later that the game type will rotate weekly. haha what a ridiculous notion. I keep thinking I've seen it all from 343...
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
fTL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
Ya I think it's funny how they call it a permanent playlist but they tell you later that the game type will rotate weekly. haha what a ridiculous notion. I keep thinking I've seen it all from 343...
i dont quite see how it is ridiculous. They always said the playlist would be permanent, not the game type
If people try to win, does that make them tryhards? Some people have ctf commendations to grind. Also, I can argue that 5v5 makes it more chaotic, thus making it less competitive.
no it doesnt.5v5 chaotic is not fun. same with 8 man ffa. not fun.
That's because FFA isn't social, it's ranked. Whatever we just have different opinions on how to make it less competitive.
Seriously, if you wanna slack off and just have a good time, go play custom games man. i respect that you dont wanna be a "try hard" so then go play customs, or play fiesta when it comes out.
Lol why is fiesta different than any other playlist?

That's the problem though. There is no escape for people to go "slack off." Not everyone has 5-10 friends to just hop in a custom game at all times. In previous Halos, they have these things called social playlists. Infection, Griffball, Multi-Team, Action Sack, etc. People have no way of doing that now so it's either they are stuck in your game and quit out, or the population goes down cause they don't play anymore. Even people who play competitively like me still like the option. I have friends who maybe aren't as good as me or heck maybe I just want a breather and play a lighthearted game. But 343 says, "No! This is a COMPETITIVE game!"
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
i dont quite see how it is ridiculous. They always said the playlist would be permanent, not the game type
One, because there are so few playlists. Two, typically when I think of a permanent playlist, I think of a permanent game type as well. Why would they leave that information out? Because they know people are going to have a problem with it. No different from a weekend playlist except now you get it a couple extra days woo hoo. You think that's going to make people happy? Maybe a few, but certainly not the majority.
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
Seriously, if you wanna slack off and just have a good time, go play custom games man. i respect that you dont wanna be a "try hard" so then go play customs, or play fiesta when it comes out.
But 343 says, "No! This is a COMPETITIVE game!"
why is this bad? and fiesta is different because there is no way you could take that game mode seriously. same with action sack. (i think grifball should be competitive and ranked
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
When they make doubles permanent who knows now. Maybe every other week we'll get to play on pink-hearted breakout maps!
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
But 343 says, "No! This is a COMPETITIVE game!"
why is this bad? and fiesta is different because there is no way you could take that game mode seriously. same with action sack. (i think grifball should be competitive and ranked
How is there no way to take it seriously? It's basically slayer with random weapons and you attain better weapons by killing people. I could see a lot of people, especially on H5 taking that quite seriously. But I agree with you, it was always intended to be casual, just like a lot of things like most social playlists.

It's bad in the sense that there's no alternative.
I don't get all this "social" playlist malarky. I play Arena, with friends, we're social. It should just be called 'unranked'.
If you played halo 3 unranked was the social playlist. If you dont get why people want a divial playlist dont comment.
To be honest I haven't tried it yet ,but 5v5? Thats right!
The thing about it is, I want to play halo with non competitive people. Not that I have any problem with that, I love me some throwdown Halo. But sometimes I dont want to "try" messing around in the game is part of what has made every other halo so much fun. Trying to non-verbally communicate to the other team that you don't really care about winning, just making a tower of eight spartans or whatever.
The ability to have stupid fun or hyper-tense do-or-die games was what made Halo 3 (Where I simply experienced the highest range of this) so much fun.
the whole point is having a social and rank playlist is to separate the competitive and the non competitive players you cant expect a noob to go in a rank playlist and beat the best halo players that has most experience in halo.. no it doesnt work that way its important to have social playlist it can be for players to have fun and dont have to take this game seriously.. bungie did a good job of doing that. now im scrolling on the comments and people are saying social is pointless..i guess some people didnt play halo 3 its important to have a social playlist.. 343 needs to stop rotating playlist thats another big mistake they did. i like action sack and snipers why do i have to wait 6 months untill they make the playlist permanent they been doing that since halo4 it needs to stop
I agree. All the social playlists are is just something special for that week or weekend. I did hear that this week's playlist though will be permanent, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
what if we just like CTF tho? Ever thought of that?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 9