1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
Most people complaining about it seem to think they are just going to dive in and crush a bunch of "casual" players. Then they get all mad and indignant when they can't pad their stats. Not every player you meet in a social list is gonna roll over for you.
Nothing anyone can do about the, Social and Competitiveness of H5's play list's.
So now that people have their social playlist, they're upset because people are being "tryhards"? You cannot expect me to take people seriously when they think that playing casually in a social playlist is a rule that must be obeyed.

Remind me to play your social playlist and put extreme effort into winning. If you have a problem with it, then you should just deal with it. :)
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
I agree with you.
Lol Social feels pretty casual to me lol. I was finding games with people of all different ranks, but mainly sub Onyx and I had so much -Yoinking!- fun searching solo hahah. Yeah they were trying hard, but a lot of the time they still lost and I went very positive at the end of the game.

I had 4 moments where I was caught in 1 v 2 situations and still melted their faces lol. I -Yoinking!- love bronzes, golds and plats, the way they play is so much fun, no need to sweat 24/7. I do love being in Onyx don't get me wrong, but that kind of tryharding 24/7 bloody sucks, social is a very welcomed break by comparison.
No matter which playlist you play, there's always good and bad players. There's really no 'social' in a shooter game. Social playlist is just a name, you can always play the normal 4V4.
saying a playlist is social does not make it social
I've been saying this since day 1
Win some, lose some, it's only as competitive as you make it. Can't expect to never get matched against a team in any playlist.
You're running into try hards because it's not true social. There's still skill search in the background, until 343 sort this out (which should have been sorted before the game was released) we will basically be playing ranked with the ranks hidden.
Gravemint wrote:
I also don't get how people can claim that Halo 5 is simply more competitive. That's just bogus. It doesn't come close to Halo 3 and Halo 2. Remember when Halo STARTED console eSports? Remember when someone said MLG and the immediate connotation of that word alone was "Halo 3"?
as much as i love the older halos they dont even come close to how competitive halo 5 is
LMAO you just lost all credibility
I think its nice that it gives an opportunity for people to play in unranked matches so that it doesn't matter as much to them if they end up losing. Losing a ranked match sucks because you could derank, but the social aspect of the playlist is that you should be playing without caring if you win or lose, just to have fun with friends and see what tomfoolery you can cook uup together
Agreed
In my opinion, there shouldnt be a thing called 'social objective'

every match of "social" CTF ive played had KD whores in camping at base. no intentions of winning or losing, is that what social is?

"Social" is a funny word with halo community, i for one hate it, as some people think its where you can go and 'relax' and play halo... Dude if your not relaxed and having fun in ranked playlists you should do something else...
"Social" can mean to players that its a playlist where noobs go to practise... Another douchy meaning, wow you can go 30-5 against the worst players in the game, is that some sort of achievement??

Halo in general needs to drop the use of "social" from playlists completely, what community members want it for, is the opposite to what 343i intend imo.

Im all for playlists that DONT TRACK STATS! That would be the true "social" playlist, but how about just calling it "unranked"?

Stat tracking "social" playlists is the main reason for KD whores, good players pointlessly wanting to go 15-0 against noobs. stat tracking deffo ruins objective Games like whats happeening this weekend...

its simple, you want "social"? Then we should get it without ANY stat tracking... would make it what it should be, not just people taking advantage of others for their own gains
synaps555 wrote:
Gravemint wrote:
I also don't get how people can claim that Halo 5 is simply more competitive. That's just bogus. It doesn't come close to Halo 3 and Halo 2. Remember when Halo STARTED console eSports? Remember when someone said MLG and the immediate connotation of that word alone was "Halo 3"?
as much as i love the older halos they dont even come close to how competitive halo 5 is
LMAO you just lost all credibility
Nope hes right. MLG halo 5 is exactly the same game that us common people play. ive never been into watching MLG in past halo's because it was boring BR fights all the time, Halo 5 promotes the use of all weapons found in the game, even for MLG.

have you watched HCS this year dude? Ive seen every weapon used in matches, even stuff like storm rifles. That is the proof how far superior this game is competitively, for MLG players, and viewers. Weapon balancing is the best ive seen in any shooter imo. which just makes Halo 5 so good to play and watch.
I don't really care about the 5v5 on small maps i feel 5v5 makes it social but what really bothers me is the hidden CSR, I have been playing onyx players since launch and i finally think im gonna get a break from them and i end up playing only onyx and a lot of the time champs, (I dont want to play like bronze players but i think it should be the tier below you and above you) When i play Social CTF i play against players better than when i play 1600 onyx slayer. I really just want to play a relaxing game for a change of pace. Really its ranked without a visible rank next to it, you still match against all the player you would be playing anyway, and it counts towards W/L and K/D.
Should've been unranked for social playlists
Ok, so what do you expect them to do? Filter out every person in a Party with other people and make sure the Fireteam size is only 1. There's FFA if you don't want to get put up against a Team. If a gametype is team based, its common logic you'll bring a team.
Its all about your mindset. Since its social and not ranked ill sit back and not care about the win as long as I have fun. In ranked playlists tho I turn up the heat and get sweaty. Seems a lot of people have trouble separating the two.
This is a terrible written post, and it is difficult to follow, but I get the jest and I agree..
Social is I play my same style but don't truly care if I win or lose because I'm not ranking up or down.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9