Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

the social weekly playlist is not social

OP Dead Cassette

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
SOCIAL ctf. NOT CTF? SOCIAL CTF. 5v5 ITS NOT SERIOUS, YOU DONT GET DERANKED OR LOSE POINTS, ITS SOCIAL, YOU DONT GET ANYTHING BUT RP AND RANKED UP. stop being a flipping tryhard
*Reads message of the day when loading up Halo 5 and seeing Social CTF* Aw sweet, have to play this playlist sometime :D.
*Comes onto forums a couple days later and reads this forum post regarding social playlist*: Well that just killed my vibe.
I don't get all this "social" playlist malarky. I play Arena, with friends, we're social. It should just be called 'unranked'.
I'm down with that idea.
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
Did you never play Halo 3?
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it. ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no. everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social
everyone watch out we got a tryhard over here
tryhard i dont even try in that playlist. i try to win ofcourse but im not screaming callouts and crouching everywhere
i am sorry i used the wrong word
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it. ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no. everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social
everyone watch out we got a tryhard over here
tryhard i dont even try in that playlist. i try to win ofcourse but im not screaming callouts and crouching everywhere
i am sorry i used the wrong word
the correct wording is. everyone watch out we got a sweatie over here
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
Did you never play Halo 3?
well he said he had played all of the halos (on my post on page 1)
DynamiXx52 wrote:
SOCIAL ctf. NOT CTF? SOCIAL CTF. 5v5 ITS NOT SERIOUS, YOU DONT GET DERANKED OR LOSE POINTS, ITS SOCIAL, YOU DONT GET ANYTHING BUT RP AND RANKED UP. stop being a flipping tryhard
but it counts towards your kd so how is that social?
v Stoney v wrote:
Just laugh at all the tryhards getting sweaty over nothing. Enjoy it.
Exactly lol. I play with a friend or two and we usually verse teams of try hards, especially now in social. We just laugh at them and make fun of them while simultaneously coordinating. Between the two of us, we usually just take down a team of tryhards if we feel like. If not, we just play for fun and still laugh at everyone crouching and strafing over the top.

Halo's community is gone. That lighthearted feel of Halo 3 has left the series, and with it I think the community, and/or their mindset. I assume that Halo will never be like that again, and as sad as it is, I think it's easier to accept that and move onto MCC if it bothers you that much.
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
yeah, but I don't think you understand why it was labeled social in the first place. The social label simply says that you aren't ranked for those matches. That it isn't competitive. So it can be social, and if the other team decides to play competitively, who cares they don't gain anything from it, just shrug it off and go into the next match not caring if you win or lose.
Social is ranked, please try to understand that everyone... Why else do you think it takes years to find Btb games? It's because you keep your rank from when it was ranked.
DynamiXx52 wrote:
SOCIAL ctf. NOT CTF? SOCIAL CTF. 5v5 ITS NOT SERIOUS, YOU DONT GET DERANKED OR LOSE POINTS, ITS SOCIAL, YOU DONT GET ANYTHING BUT RP AND RANKED UP. stop being a flipping tryhard
but it counts towards your kd so how is that social?
kd doesn't mean that it is ranked, but social is secretly ranked. IDK how people are fooled by this " social" playlist. If you play 20 games of social Ctf and then play it on a fresh, new account which you haven't played social CTF on, the difference will be noticeable
I don't get all this "social" playlist malarky. I play Arena, with friends, we're social. It should just be called 'unranked'.
I'm down with that idea.
But that's the thing tHo, it is ranked and just changing it from "Social CTF" to "unranked CTF will do nothing!
It isnt social todo many people having The mic on just cause...
Should just have an action sack playlist that doesn't track any stats at all, maybe only gives you 100xp and 100 req points at the end of the match, win or lose.
Always care about the win! That's why the game is plagued with quitters. If it didn't matter there wouldn't be so many. But I hear ya it is tough when you're matched with coordinated team.
5v5 is what makes it social. is it chaos? yes. are the spawn jacked? yes. BUT THAT IS WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. if you want 4v4 competitive, played the ranked playlist, OF COURSE THE MAPS WEREN'T DESIGNED FOR 5V5. THAT IS EXACTLY WHY SOCIAL, IS 5 V 5. it is a different, experience then ranked arena. it is chaotic and unpredictable as it should be. most FUN. i have had on halo 5 ever. so yes, social playlist, is social playlist, because it offers a different experience to the ranked counterpart. if social was 4v4, then i could see your point.
Nadesicle wrote:
Should just have an action sack playlist that doesn't track any stats at all, maybe only gives you 100xp and 100 req points at the end of the match, win or lose.
no because then nobody would touch it, because it isn't worth the time you put in. social has ALWAYS tracked stats (although i believe it shouldn't) but the xp and req gain needs to stay where it is
DynamiXx52 wrote:
SOCIAL ctf. NOT CTF? SOCIAL CTF. 5v5 ITS NOT SERIOUS, YOU DONT GET DERANKED OR LOSE POINTS, ITS SOCIAL, YOU DONT GET ANYTHING BUT RP AND RANKED UP. stop being a flipping tryhard
my thoughts exactly!, op obviously wants to play competitive, he can do so in ranked, when he went to social he realized he could pub stomp, because of the 5 v 5 nature. and now he is pissed, because he sees no "difference"
for all those who whined about there not being a social playlist. look at what you have done. this game is competitive by nature and nothing is going to change that. nothing. not a label that says this is social. having ranks absent. none of it will change it. its kind of funny too because when i first started the social playlist all the people who dont play as often come in to see the new playlist. once they leave all the people who play a lot come in. the same people who play arena. you could just tell. and when that happens nothing is social about it.

ofcourse your trying to win so am i and if i loose i loose if i win i win. but when you search alone and go against a team of mics. nothing in my head says this is social. now this isnt me being beat so many times and i came here to whine. this is me honestly beating people so hard they goose or me being on a loosing team because no one knows what the -Yoink- they are doing. either scenario screams nothing but competitive. to make matters even worse its a 5v5. who the -Yoink- thought 5v5 was a good idea? 5v5 flag on empire is a -Yoinking!- -Yoink- storm. i have been on both ends of spawn traping and its not fun. same on any other map. there should not be 4 people on my flag while one is sitting back in their base on fathom. i should not be spawning directly in front of said 4 people. spawns are already bad. i learned to deal with it but 5v5 is a complete nightmare. like i said i have been on the other side of spawn traping and its not even on purpose im just moving to the objective and some dude spawns right in my line of sight and he gets put down in seconds. you think thats fun or even fair for him? let alone it being social? hell no.

everyone who cries social needs to have their eyes checked there is nothing social about arena. those maps are ment to be 4v4 and thats it. btb and warzone is social to me why? because there is space. spawning isnt that bad because its a wide area to spawn.doesnt mean spawn traping doesnt happen it happens in all game modes but atleast i have a chance to fight agaisnt it where as if five people look at your spawns in empire theres not much you can really do. im still ganna try and if im on the other end im still ganna try to win but that does not make it social even if im going in with the mind set of being social.

EDIT: im not complaining about facing agsint a team of mics. im not complaining abut try hards. im not complaing about loosing and winning. im just proving that halo 5 arena is not social whatsoever.

EDIT 2: since people cant grasp what im talking about. this whole post was to point out that saying a playlist is social does not make it social. arena maps are not social. ctf slayer and strongholds is not social. you know whats social? fesita team rockets. team snipes. etc. im just explaining what happens in a non social gametype. im not blaming players. do you get it now?

TL;DR: social 5v5 is pointless. it shouldve been 4v4 ctf as a perm playlist not rotating
Did you never play Halo 3?
HAHAHAHAHAHA, his post become poop, when he said 4v4 ctf. the reason it IS believe it or not social is because it is 5v5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9