Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Why is there soooooo many BR Games every game seems to be team br and when i asked players what game they played majority said halo 3 and had never played halo 2. In my opinion it should have a playlist with just normal games types, non of this stupid BR Bull -Yoink-!
XoMACKEMoX wrote:
Why is there soooooo many BR Games every game seems to be team br and when i asked players what game they played majority said halo 3 and had never played halo 2. In my opinion it should have a playlist with just normal games types, non of this stupid BR Bull -Yoink-!
Umm...did you ever play the original Halo2 when it was out?

The BR is like the main weapon of the game...you can't be serious with this post.
XoMACKEMoX wrote:
Why is there soooooo many BR Games every game seems to be team br and when i asked players what game they played majority said halo 3 and had never played halo 2. In my opinion it should have a playlist with just normal games types, non of this stupid BR Bull -Yoink-!

Umm...did you ever play the original Halo2 when it was out?

The BR is like the main weapon of the game...you can't be serious with this post.
i did and when it first came out there was no team BR and i didnt like it then and i dont like it now
XoMACKEMoX wrote:
XoMACKEMoX wrote:
Why is there soooooo many BR Games every game seems to be team br and when i asked players what game they played majority said halo 3 and had never played halo 2. In my opinion it should have a playlist with just normal games types, non of this stupid BR Bull -Yoink-!


Umm...did you ever play the original Halo2 when it was out?

The BR is like the main weapon of the game...you can't be serious with this post.

i did and when it first came out there was no team BR and i didnt like it then and i dont like it now
Must be a halo 3 fan ;)
Whoever thinks that halo 2's main weapon was BR must be a late buyer cos i played from beginning to end and rarely was a game with BR's
BR start ruins the whole sandbox. I hate it because no one uses anything aside from Sniper maybe but even then that's rare. AR/SMG start it way more fun since people actually run around to get new weapons and there's usually a variety that are used. I hate that 343 is using the Pro Gamer for their Halo 5 testing because pretty much it's going to be BR beats all and everything else is pointless.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What does this discussion have to do about anyone's level? This is about BR start being to plentiful and other gametypes missing.
I agree with OP that there should be a separate playlist for those who don't want to be competitive.

BR is the go-to weapon for competitive players. Those who do not want to use the BR should be able to have their own playlist for casual gameplay.

However, Halo 2 was pretty heavy into BR's as well. Not sure what you were talking about there. I started Day 1. BR was still commonly used.
Exactly. They need Social Playlist Equivalent for each Rank/Competitive playlist they have. Sometimes I like just going out with a simple game but other times I want to dual wield Plasma to be silly and actually not die every 2 seconds from precision shots.
TheZerby wrote:
Exactly. They need Social Playlist Equivalent for each Rank/Competitive playlist they have. Sometimes I like just going out with a simple game but other times I want to dual wield Plasma to be silly and actually not die every 2 seconds from precision shots.
Everything is social at this point.

However majority of Halo 2 maps don't support non BR starts. If anything Slayer with MSG starts was terrible for the sole reason that it turned BR's into power weapons on most maps. It was never fun playing SMG starts on maps that have proper set ups. Halo 2 1.0 was utter garbage without a BR due to the melee damage back then. Anyways, I get the point of wanting to have more "fun" with duel wielding combo's but what's fun for you guys isn't fun for everyone.

Lastly, who the -Yoink- wants to play SMG on Zanzibar. No one. Ever.
I feel the same, part of halo is (or was) finding the good weapons on a map and fighting over spawn locations for them. I loved this aspect in Halo 1 and 2. The BR is a good low/mid/long range all purpose weapon capable of headshots so when you start players with it they no longer need to go for anything else. It really ruins the game for me. Don't even get me started on SWAT because that **** is basically just CoD.
S O G HIH wrote:
I feel the same, part of halo is (or was) finding the good weapons on a map and fighting over spawn locations for them. I loved this aspect in Halo 1 and 2. The BR is a good low/mid/long range all purpose weapon capable of headshots so when you start players with it they no longer need to go for anything else. It really ruins the game for me. Don't even get me started on SWAT because that **** is basically just CoD.
I fail to see how a Halo 2 custom game created in 2004 is similar to a WWII shooter that has progressed to a Sci Fi Shooter.
Weird because I have been playing tons of Halo CE. So happy to see that people love the classic.
Wanna be BR pros. I like normal modes where you have to fight for the BR. Sometimes you may have to improv and -Yoinking!- pickup two Brute weapons which are typically bad. But do what u gotta do.
Well it has to do with the lack of playlists. For Halo 2 we need:
Team Slayer (Mostly SMG starts some BR starts)
Team Doubles( BR/SMG starts)
Team Snipers
Team Swat
Team hardcore (BR Starts)
Team Skirmish (SMG Starts)
S O G HIH wrote:
I feel the same, part of halo is (or was) finding the good weapons on a map and fighting over spawn locations for them. I loved this aspect in Halo 1 and 2. The BR is a good low/mid/long range all purpose weapon capable of headshots so when you start players with it they no longer need to go for anything else. It really ruins the game for me. Don't even get me started on SWAT because that **** is basically just CoD.
SMH If you fell like you no longer need to get other weapons just because you have a BR then you are not very good. Rockets, Sword, Sniper, Beam Rifle, Shotgun, Plasma Pistol, etc are all weapons that work better than a BR in certain sitations
Because people vote for BR games, because the majority likes BRs. Not to mention they were a staple of Halo 2. BXR/Double shot anyone?
When halo 2 first came out I don't think it had team hard core but the BR is the main weapon in the game, just because your bad with the br don't complain. I rather have br start because it's more fair if you start with a smg and someone has a br or sniper your basically helpless unless they suck. I don't get your point again the BR is like the main weapon in halo 2 and halo 3 that's why people were pissed off in halo reach because there was no BR if I remember correctly just a gay DMR.
When halo 2 first came out I don't think it had team hard core but the BR is the main weapon in the game, just because your bad with the br don't complain. I rather have br start because it's more fair if you start with a smg and someone has a br or sniper your basically helpless unless they suck. I don't get your point again the BR is like the main weapon in halo 2 and halo 3 that's why people were pissed off in halo reach because there was no BR if I remember correctly just a BLOOOOOOM

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3