2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 84
If a MAC round can put a round clean through a shielded Covenant carrier, I'm sure a DMR can put a round through the head of a partially shielded SPARTAN. Bleed-through is good.
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
Bleedthrough is great IMO! It makes the melee system far less clunky, slow, and awkward; it didn't seem fair that a person could mindlessly sprint at an opponent and get shot multiple times, but get the kill on the fully shielded opponent because both players double meleed and the attacker had the tiniest amount of shields left.

Bleedthrough on the precision weapons seems to be considered a problem by some because it makes the insanely quick and accurate weapons kill even faster. However, I think that the rate of fire is the only problem with the precision weapons. If the RoF is turned down just a bit, we won't have insanely quick kills, headshot bleedthrough wouldn't be a problem, and precision weapon vs precision weapon fights would still take the skill and develop a skill gap, if not make a better one because the current RoF (insanely fast RoF) seems to be making the fights seem like a "whoever shoots first gets the kill" kind of fight instead of a "whoever is better at aiming at a moving target while out-maneuvering that target wins," due to the fact that weapons like the magnum can kill before the enemy has time to simply react to being shot.
Regardless of me winding people up and noob bashing, there are so many reason why "Bleed Through" is just many times better then it is now.

I can't wait for the day I can kill two opponents with single clip of AR without having to swap out weapons or reload, or fire of shots into a sprint charging opponent to floor them when we clash. Bleed Damage is going to create more multi-kill medals, realistic chances surviving a 2 on 1 up close & most importantly make people fire weapons again.

Yes there is always a balancing issue between kill times but quite frankly we know theres not much change (if none) needed in this TU.

Bleed Through will not effect gun combat in the slightest and will reward the player with more control/positioning up close. The only thing changing is the time taken to do so.
Bleed through would definantly make the game more fair.
Quote:
I can't wait for the day I can kill two opponents with single clip of AR
Only the AR isn't killing the people. It's just softening them up so your elbow does.

I want the AR to be a gun, a weapon, not a tool for assisting the real weapon in the CQC sandbox.

Quote:
Bleed Through will not effect gun combat in the slightest and will reward the player with more control/positioning up close. The only thing changing is the time taken to do so.
It most certainly will.Right now I get people trying to strafe, trying to dodge shots at AR range. I never had that happen in H3. Everyone just beelined for their opponent.All adding bleed through is doing is trading problems while adding more confusion to the mix.
Quote:
Quote:
Actually it encourages melee's and rushing. If Player A fires and AR at Player B, and player B and A both melee at the same time before anyone's shields can pop, they melee and now are both on the same level. Its not fair.

Just because someone melee'd you doesn't mean you need to melee back right away. It's this exact bad habit which causes noobs to lose to double beatdown abusers.

Shoot+melee will always be faster than 2 melee's.

By the time someone gets near you, you should have at least 2-3 shots in them. If they melee you, resist the urge to do it right back.... keep shooting!! You can get in another 1-2 shots before he can get the second melee. This will allow you to pop his shields and then get the beatdown kill long before he is able to get the 2nd one.

I have never had a problem with melee rushers in Reach. Those who are impatient and act on impulse will die to melee rushers, and those who stay calm and keep shooting will prevail 95% of the time.

Edit: And just to be clear, I'm not even a non-bleed through supporter. I honestly couldn't care less as long as melee damage is decreased with bleed-through.
+3
Quote:
I want the AR to be a gun, a weapon, not a tool for assisting the real weapon in the CQC sandbox.
been playing customs with zero bloom and bleed through. <3 good stuff!
dont do BLEED THROUGH DAMAGE !!!! PLEASE !
Quote:
don't change anything, vanilla shields make sense.
re melee bleedthrough: halo3's melee was broken, even bungie admitted it.
for those who want bleedthrough think of this:
if a bullet headshot doesn't kill through 1/4 shields your elbow shouldn't either. besides we're only s3. maybe chief could punch through shields but we can't.
it'll just bring back the stupid h3 dmr death charge. (well likely magnum with this new op pistol.)deathcharge runing triggerspam and punch.
how is the AR deathcharge (or BR deathcharge) more of an issue than people who RUN AT YOU WITHOUT SHOOTING and melee you twice.

need i remind you were playing a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER so it doesnt really make much sense that some of the time shooting becomes COMPLETELY, and TOTALLY USELESS because of no-bleed melees, in battles involving at least 1 melee. its literally not even debatable. no-bleed melees are infinitely worse.
Quote:
It most certainly will.Right now I get people trying to strafe, trying to dodge shots at AR range. I never had that happen in H3. Everyone just beelined for their opponent.All adding bleed through is doing is trading problems while adding more confusion to the mix.
i find it to be especially hilarious that this 'AR deathcharge' that you are so massively against is literally countered, in its entirety, BY WALKING BACKWARDS.

trading problems? what problems does bleedthru melees add? do tell. and how are any of these perceived problems better than losing the viability of shooting from some close combat encounters, and having to actually memorize the exact centimeters distance away from an opponent (who will often times have sprint) for when you can shoot to have it actually do ANYTHING, or not need to shoot at all because its worthless in that situation?

more confusion? you have got to be kidding me.

whats more confusing to a new player

shoot -> melee -> person who did more damage before the melee clash wins. simple.

or

"ok.. if they are about from.. here.. to here.. DONT SHOOT AT ALL because its worthless, and wont help you at all."

"wait what? why!"

"because some of the time, because of no-bleed melees, your shooting literally does nothing but hurt your chances of meleeing when they melee you"

"ok.. but how will i remember this exact distance?"

"guess. every time. just guess, thats what everyone does"

"k. seems BLAM!ing terrible, but i guess"

are no bleed melees more intuitive than bleedthru? nope.

are they more straight forward? nope!

are they contradictory to the most fundamental basic concepts of first person shooter games? YEP!

so whats left? nothing. its not debatable. bleedthru melees are literally a billion times better, plus 10.4.
Quote:
Quote:
don't change anything, vanilla shields make sense.
re melee bleedthrough: halo3's melee was broken, even bungie admitted it.
for those who want bleedthrough think of this:
if a bullet headshot doesn't kill through 1/4 shields your elbow shouldn't either. besides we're only s3. maybe chief could punch through shields but we can't.
it'll just bring back the stupid h3 dmr death charge. (well likely magnum with this new op pistol.)deathcharge runing triggerspam and punch.
how is the AR deathcharge (or BR deathcharge) more of an issue than people who RUN AT YOU WITHOUT SHOOTING and melee you twice.

need i remind you were playing a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER so it doesnt really make much sense that some of the time shooting becomes COMPLETELY, and TOTALLY USELESS because of no-bleed melees, in battles involving at least 1 melee. its literally not even debatable. no-bleed melees are infinitely worse.
Amen IQ....Amen

The only time shooting is more optimal in CQB is when your shooting with the plasma pistol or rifle, and even then thats not always the case.
How does someone get right next to you and still have their shields? Shoot and maneuver, shoot and maneuver. Just back up until their shields pop from shooting them. Or, gasp, you could make a tactical retreat if you know they are going to double pummel you. And all of this is taking into account that you don't have a Sniper Rifle, Focus Rifle, Shotgun, Sword, Hammer, Turret, Evade, Jetpack, Armor Lock or any plasma weapon. Any of those things listed would never allow a charging enemy to get next to you with their shields in tact.

DOUBLE PUMMEL IS NOT THE HUGE PROBLEM THAT YOU ARE MAKING IT OUT TO BE.
Quote:
Quote:
PERFECTO!!!! I wouldnt change a dang thang.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How does someone get right next to you and still have their shields? Shoot and maneuver, shoot and maneuver. Just back up until their shields pop from shooting them. Or, gasp, you could make a tactical retreat if you know they are going to double pummel you. And all of this is taking into account that you don't have a Sniper Rifle, Focus Rifle, Shotgun, Sword, Hammer, Turret, Evade, Jetpack, Armor Lock or any plasma weapon. Any of those things listed would never allow a charging enemy to get next to you with their shields in tact.

DOUBLE PUMMEL IS NOT THE HUGE PROBLEM THAT YOU ARE MAKING IT OUT TO BE.
people often times spawn with sprint. they also almost never spawn with a power weapon. some game types also do not have evade, jet pack, or armor lock.

when i shoot at someone, then melee them, whilst they make no attempt to shoot me, they should die because were playing a first person shooter game, not mortal combat. its not a hard concept. its just intuitive mechanics. dont care about the little inconsistencies like losing the viability of shooting from some close combat battles? thats fine, just dont try to tell people no-bleed melees are better when they are really infinitely worse because they are less intuitive, less straight forward, harder to learn, and contradictory to the entire concept of first person shooter games.
Dying while you have still have shields is more intuitive? What is the definition of a shield again?
Quote:
use your pistol, melee, get the headshot, if you can't do that in less time than it takes someone to pull off a double melee, you're helpless.
This. Hell, even spraying your AR after a clang is more likely to get you the kill than another melee.
Quote:
Quote:
use your pistol, melee, get the headshot, if you can't do that in less time than it takes someone to pull off a double melee, you're helpless.
This. Hell, even spraying your AR after a clang is more likely to get you the kill than another melee.
false.

tested, and this works a MASSIVE zero percent of the time.

but dont worry! you can shoot before the melee and win with the first melee. OH WAIT, no-bleed.

nevermind, just sprint and melee twice because the AR is abysmal in reach.
I'm curious, People who wanted this TU wanted bloom removed because of the "Randomness" of bloom right?

Then why do these same people want bleed though? It is literally impossible to know how much health someone has to know if a headshot will kill though shields. Which IS random.
Quote:
I'm curious, People who wanted this TU wanted bloom removed because of the "Randomness" of bloom right?

Then why do these same people want bleed though? It is literally impossible to know how much health someone has to know if a headshot will kill though shields. Which IS random.
while i do agree that there is some degree of uncertainty, in 1v1 battles (which is where people complain about the inherent randomness of bloom), the person who shoots better wins 100% of the time, with zero bloom, and bleedthru damage.

either way, i could care less on weapon bleedthru damage. its no-bleed melees that are strictly worse.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 84