3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 71
Quote:
Your post is destroyed simply because bloom is random. You can do everything right and still lose. Furthermore a player can completely disregard cadence at close range. Making close range a coin flip. I figgured the bloom out within a week. It is not hard. It did not add skill. Why do people keep saying this???

I assure you that 99% of good players would tell you zero bloom is the way to go.

Also it should be noted that my comment was directed towards a working bloom system. I was stating that if you had to time your shoots(if bloom worked) that it would take no skill and only slow the game down.
It's random only within the radius of the bloom. It is controllable. You can time it so it'll hit their body for sure before it's completely settled. Once again, there are cadences that are between spamming and waiting out the bloom completely. Bloom adds another layer of variables to keep in mind in combat.

Spam does not win all the time in mid-range, not by a long shot. Spamming has a chance to win, that's all, and it's much smaller than a better cadence. I like the videos where people blast 3 shots at full spam in panic mode, missing everything, and then declare that bloom is broken, when really, if they just waiting an extra beat, one shot would have saved them.
Thank you so...so much :)
Quote:
It's random only within the radius of the bloom. It is controllable. You can time it so it'll hit their body for sure before it's completely settled. Once again, there are cadences that are between spamming and waiting out the bloom completely. Bloom adds another layer of variables to keep in mind in combat.

Spam does not win all the time in mid-range, not by a long shot. Spamming has a chance to win, that's all, and it's much smaller than a better cadence. I like the videos where people blast 3 shots at full spam in panic mode, missing everything, and then declare that bloom is broken, when really, if they just waiting an extra beat, one shot would have saved them.
You do make a good point, but spammers (by spammers, I mean shooting at the maximum RoF) win mid-range encounters a bit too often. The chance a spammer has at landing each shot is simply too high right now. Decreasing bloom does not solve this issue, but decreasing the size of the hit box would be a step in the right direction. It is either that, or no bloom at all imo.
I agree. The system makes sense, but it is not implemented well enough right now.
been playing customs with no bloom. <3 makes me a happy panda
Got to play a bunch of customs with zero bloom, and I can easily say I had more fun playing Reach than I've had in a long time. The slow, random gameplay was replaced with fast, skillful gameplay, and it was amazing. Though the damage settings will need tweaking so that some weapons aren't too overpowered, it is great just the way it is.

I felt like I was playing Halo again, the amazing game I fell in love with, and not Reach.

Keep up the good work 343. <3
After playing more zero bloom customs and then going back to default reach I realized I rather have bloom on the magnum then no bloom! Although i love no bloom on the DMR and NR, the default magnum actually punishes spammers at mid range and it creates a larger skill gap. I still like the no bloom Magnum, and i really want to see how all 3 weapons plays on 85% bloom.
Quote:
I felt like I was playing Halo again, the amazing game I fell in love with, and not Reach.
With that I can't help but agree 110%. Reach isn't a bad game, but it is miles away from the great Halo experience we came to love and enjoy.
Add a recoil with no bloom,no bloom is very easy in my point of view.
It's random only within the radius of the bloom. It is controllable. You can time it so it'll hit their body for sure before it's completely settled.

Right, you can time it but because you cannot control the other players every dmr battle is random.

Once again, there are cadences that are between spamming and waiting out the bloom completely. Bloom adds another layer of variables to keep in mind in combat.

Right, bloom adds a layer of variables. Variable-
a symbolic name associated with a value and whose associated value may be changed.

Anything>1% is to much IMO. And sadly, it is much more than that.
Funny you should say "spam the first three". Ironically that is how I approach mid range DMR battles and I do very, very well.

343 you did an excellent job. No Bloom is fantastic. When I tryed out the Zero Bloom gametype the other day I was amazed. I was so happy that my shots actually hit where I wanted them to go and the gameplay was so much smoother and fast paced and it actually felt like Halo again. And the MLG Community is extremely happy about it and are enjoying it alot. But it would be even better if you could remove it from multiplayer entirely and Reach would be perfect. Please look at my thread also. http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/33349.aspx
Request: Please make a firefight gametype with zero bloom

And thank you so much for fixing this. I just came back from a several moth break from reach and actually enjoyed playing it again.

:D
Bloom needs to be removed on the Sniper and the Assault Riflle. As it stands, the Sniper is FAR too generous with aiming with the bloom assist, and the AR is much to weak to compete against precision weapons medium range without some help.
Quote:
Request: Please make a firefight gametype with zero bloom

And thank you so much for fixing this. I just came back from a several moth break from reach and actually enjoyed playing it again.

:D
THIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is great, however pistol needs tweaking.
I'd prefer bloom to be completely eliminated. The bloom adds too much of a random element for a Halo game. There was never a problem in past games, and they didn't have bloom. The way I see it, it can reward bad players for spamming as they get lucky with their shots. I myself am an above average player. I feel that if I use my *skill* to keep the damn reticule on my enemy, the shots should count. There are too many occasions where I'm getting spammed, and all five of their shots hit while mine ALL miss. No bloom promotes a player's skill, instead of adding the element of luck to their gameplay. I shouldn't lose a fight due to luck, it should be due to me being stupid and having bad aim.
No bloom, 120% Speed and 200% gravity is the way to go.
^ Agree with all the fiber of my being.
Quote:
Bloom needs to be removed on the Sniper and the Assault Riflle. As it stands, the Sniper is FAR too generous with aiming with the bloom assist, and the AR is much to weak to compete against precision weapons medium range without some help.
The bloom on the sniper is irrelevant. You can't fire a second shot until it's completely reduced no matter how hard you try. RoF won't let it.
Personally I like the bloom as it makes things a bit more logical and balanced. Bungie put it in for a reason. Also, as 343 has stated it makes getting kills a little more satisfying and meaningful.
if you are going to reduce bloom that's fine but removing it makes it very similar to swat and somewhat out of sync.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 71