OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Tyrant

Please provide feedback on the Team Arena Summer Preview settings in this thread! To read up on the Team Arena Summer Preview playlist and find links to all other dedicated feedback threads, head here.

Over the past few months, we’ve been gathering your feedback on Arena map weapon layouts here on Waypoint, and we’ve made a variety of refresh updates to a select set of Arena map / game type combinations in Team Arena.

Version 1
  • No changes have been made from Tyrant's base map variant.
Version 2
  • Adjusted spawning for CTF to spawn players closer to their base
  • Adjusted spawning for Assault to allow players to spawn further from their base
  • Added an SMG to each asteroid island
  • Moved Frag grenades from the asteroid islands to Blue/Red Platform
  • Replaced Sniper Rifle with Rail Gun
Version 3
  • Replaced Rail Gun with Sniper Rifle
  • (Assault only) Further tuned spawning to allow players to spawn in more areas around the map
Thank you! We look forward to hearing your feedback.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
Keep this map. Don't listen to the bozos above me.
OMGizmo wrote:
get rid of this map
Why? Do you keep falling off of the map?
I would like a ce pistol to replace brs. And optional Spartan laser to replace sniper, I want that weapon in arena.
Me and my friends have an absolute blast on this map. The aesthetics are beautiful, the jumps are intuitive, the "risk" of falling provides a sense of excitement and requires some level of skill while jumping, and the sniper plays very well (some of my friends were initially skeptical that the sniper would not play well, but it proved to be very fun and effective to use!) Well done on this map.
Dont take out any BRs anywhere! Add more, this is arena for heavens sake!
I think it would be better to have only close quaters weapons on this map
I think if assault needs to stay, there need to be some places on this map where the ball can't just roll off. assault games take -YOINK-ing forever on this map because half the time someone is moving towards a base and they get killed, or drop the ball to defend themselves, or whatever else, the ball just casually rolls off the edge and has to respawn.
There's a spot on each team's cliff (under top base) where people can hide the bomb by jumping repeatedly while out of the map. Apart from that I don't feel many changes are needed.
Sniper rifle should be replace with ether a Fuel Rod or a Plasma Caster due to the close quarters nature of this map.

Besides that, map placement is pretty much near perfect to me.
If you could do something about the spawning then the map will be fine. I'm usually always spawn killed or it spawns the enemy directly behind me.
Would be interesting to see strongholds tested on this map.
If you could do something about the spawning then the map will be fine. I'm usually always spawn killed or it spawns the enemy directly behind me.
Yup, same thing for me. I've come to hate when this map pops up because of this. However, in practice the map is beautiful and has a cool innovative layout.
I'm personally really excited for the potential of Tyrant. Some themes I'm gleaming so far are:
- More close quarters weapons maybe
- Perhaps the Sniper Rifle isn't as good a fit

What else?
Deez wrote:
I'm personally really excited for the potential of Tyrant. Some themes I'm gleaming so far are:

What else?
Quick 2 cents:
More close quarter weapons might make this map too crouch-camp-happy, especially in the center area of the map. If radar were removed I don't think it would be as much of an issue.
Deez wrote:

What else?
Not a fan of the barrel Top Mid, considering it's pretty vital to control and the spawns are extremely, extremely difficult to trap in objective gametypes.

Definitely don't add automatics, maybe and SMG max, and Plasma Caster might be a good replacement for Sniper, but it's not a terrible weapon as-is.
Deez wrote:

What else?
What about Spartan Laser instead of Sniper?
Poorly designed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4