Tyrant - Summer Preview Feedback

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Tyrant plays pretty well as it is, best dlc map released so far.
Why is Tyrant the only new map I ever play in Team Arena? Where is Riptide, Overgrowth and Torque? I want to play those as well.
Spartan Laser instead of Sniper would be great. If not switch it for a beam rifle instead. Mix it up a little. Sniper Rifle on so many maps Beam Rifle on like none. Why?
Please, please, please fix the spawns on this map. It's very rare I have a game where I don't end up spawn killed. This is easily my least favourite of all the maps in the game.

Assault isn't too bad as it's lots of close quarters action. However Slayer and the recent SWAT FFA were absolutely horrendous.

Plasma Caster or Spartan Laser for sniper would be interesting.

Visually the map is amazing and I like all the ability to fall / jump / throw the bomb off the map.
Replace Sniper with Spartan Laser as Sniper is OP and add more of the CQC weapons
The main problem I have about this map is when you play flag. Traditional in a flag game mode you are looking to push into a base get some slays and pull the flag in the direction your team has control of, in Tyrant this all goes out the window due to running the flag bottom mid is such a short run home. This map often has a lot of stand offs or super fast caps that can't be easily stopped even if your team only goes down by 1 player.

I think the map plays good for assault but flag doesnt seem to fit into Team Arena.
RyInfinity wrote:
Deez wrote:
I'm personally really excited for the potential of Tyrant. Some themes I'm gleaming so far are:
- More close quarters weapons maybe
- Perhaps the Sniper Rifle isn't as good a fit

What else?
Not a fan of the barrel Top Mid, considering it's pretty vital to control and the spawns are extremely, extremely difficult to trap in objective gametypes.

Definitely don't add automatics, maybe and SMG max, and Plasma Caster might be a good replacement for Sniper, but it's not a terrible weapon as-is.
I agree. One SMG might be a good idea. I thin it's important that this map has it's own identity with what weapons are on the map in regards to low automatics.

Caster could be a better choice but I agree that the Sniper plays decent.
Replace Sniper with Fuel Rod.

Can only see this a CTF game-type if its for HCS
Need more Cover at Flag on CTF, Block each Cliff for Easy Caps.
Bomb would not be a good Gametype for this map.
this map needs a counter from the scattershot spartan charging spamers. if you arent safe from a sparten charge you are getting sniped. a plasma pistol would be nice. idr if there is one its not fresh in my mind. anywho. i love the flow of the map but it is so melee and grenade driven that is isnt really an enjoyable experience even when you do win. i love cqc dont mistake me, but there needs to be more of a challenge for the sniper and scattershot. i like the smg suggestions
This is the most constructive way I can say it, throw this map away.
leave all factor weapon placements, but you could change the lightrifle to a rocket.
Rustyky wrote:
OMGizmo wrote:
get rid of this map
Why? Do you keep falling off of the map?
No, I have map awareness unlike a lot of people who play this game. It's just too congested. It's the perfect crouch and wait map. Flow of the map seems kinda ok.
This is probably my least favorite map, it's way too small and narrow with open edges for 4v4..objective does not play well here. If this had a changeup of forerunner weapons and covenant weapons for mid-cqc range it may play differently. Smg and plasma pistol would make it fun, even plasma rifles would. But as of now, it's way too much of a grenade spam and spawn rush map for my likes. I prefer Halo 1's Chiron for cqc reference.
I personally don't see the need for sniper, scatter will do
I personally love Tyrant. It's not a remix, it's original and unique, and it's great for FFA. It could benefit from SMGs and possibly swapping sniper for Splaser, rail gun or rockets.
Why is everybody on the splaser wagon for this map in particular?
Replace Sniper with Fuel Rod.

Can only see this a CTF game-type if its for HCS
Need more Cover at Flag on CTF, Block each Cliff for Easy Caps.
Bomb would not be a good Gametype for this map.
literally none of these things.
yo diria que el mapa esta bien asi como esta, tal vez algunas cosas mas explosivas o mas armas rapidas
pero aun asi me gusta
I would exercise caution with adding explosives and close range weapons, honestly. Assault gets SUPER nadespammy, and the buffed plasma caster would make arming the bomb a nightmare, but wouldn't really help the arming team due to the uphill angles and lack of accurate bouncing territory against the floating rock platform/mancannon area where people always seem to defend from. I don't know what the strategy is to fix it, but making the process of arming the bomb a little bit more dynamic would be good. As it stands it generally devolves into people arming halfway, getting naded to hell from the mancannon area, and the defenders tossing the ball off the edge. The angles to protect the ball carrier are pretty weak, and there's no setup that really prevents you from being flanked by somebody seconds off of their respawn without abandoning the ball carrier to being blown to bits by nades from the mancannon area.
Why is everybody on the splaser wagon for this map in particular?
I think this map in particular is a coincidence. I just want to see it in Arena
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4