Tyrant - Summer Preview Feedback

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I love this map. I like to do stealth runs around it and if you are good at your movement, rather then just strafing, this map provides some neat edges to do that.
It's a harder map to deal with, but pretty straight to the point if you ask me and I'd really like this type of promethean/forerunner tech maps to be more common in the designs.
Deez wrote:
I'm personally really excited for the potential of Tyrant. Some themes I'm gleaming so far are:
- More close quarters weapons maybe
- Perhaps the Sniper Rifle isn't as good a fit

What else?
I really like the Sniper rifle there, especially for pro play. There are some unique sight-lines, and it takes quite a bit of skill to maximize its use.

I think with the tight-hallways, it's best not to encourage corner-camping with autos. My vote would be to keep it as is.

One idea: if flag games are finishing too quickly, maybe bump the limit to 5 caps, like Warlock CTF back in the day?
For slayer this map needs to have a power weapon (Rockets maybe) added outside or SOME reason to use that part of the map. If you look at heat maps for Slayer, I'd bet 70% of the map is pretty worthless. Everyone just goes straight to Sniper street, and fights down that site line and occasionally top mid.

I dont think replacing Sniper with with Laser is a good idea at all, all people will do is aim down that snipe street with it, which is exactly what happens every time now. Maybe a SAW or something that promotes moving, not just staring down a line.

I do think the explosive barrel top mid could be removed, it's easy to grenade spam that area already.

I did play Assault on this map and it was so much more fun to actually work the flanks bottom mid and utilize all corners of the map.
Tyrant was fun in my opinion because there was no autos and how hard it was to snipe. And you just messed with all of that.

Get rid of SMG.
I need to play more to make up my mind between Sniper and Rail though.
Why in gods name did you put railgun on this map too? WHY? Railgun is seriously the most OP gun in the game besides storm. It has so many shots. Automatic 5-6 kills if someone with an average shot has it.
Would love to see the pros scrim on this map. Both CTF and Assault have played fairly well in Matchmaking (I prefer CTF myself). For assault, I think the "base defense" can feel a bit repetitive (spawn outside, sprint back, throw nades). I guess that is maybe a critique of all assault gametypes. It does feel like the action is more evenly spread over the map in CTF.

The suggestion of trying a power-weapon spawning outside is worth considering.

Random thought (possibly unrelated to Tyrant): is it worth considering the Beam Rifle for any of these maps?
Havent played new Tyrant, but i can honestly say i was Always excited when i saw this map pop in team arena, because i know there are no autos...

I wont have to be afraid of a crouch-camp-SMG behind the corner that can quickly dismantle me and my teammate.

Also, why put the railgun instead of snipes? Like, Railgun is the strongest powerweapon on arena maps, it's so easy to use, comes with 6 bullets and even with the charge probably a TTK of below 1 second. So while the snipes takes some skill to use, and i really enjoy snipes on small maps, you decide to replace it with Rail lol.

I'm baffled.
I think off the sniper is a bad thing. The railgun is too powerful and easier to use than the snipe. And to conclude the snipe need good from the team that has it and it requires good control of the sniper side ...

Feedback general :

• To do a little more in the generality on other maps, in my view be the logical choice to build a competitive playlist, plan a game like Halo 5 will have, as in the previous opus 2 powerweapons spread postions as strategic on the heights of the cards, or the top mid ...On select weapons I think first sniper, the launch rocket and other weapons like maybe the sword or the railgun maybe ... else will be able to agree but they are in my opinion the most optimal for a competitive playlist.
  • For powerups camo and overshild are of my opinion of competitive players the only ones that can be used on maps.
Finally, I think the model of competitive maps in the right direction but the choices did not make a not so competitive elitist playlist simpler and random ... other plalist will have Encharger but not this one ... Indeed a competitive playlist must be clear in operation but are hard in practice to an image of the MLG playlist of Halo 3.

That was my point of view of competitive player, thank you for taking the time to read my point of view on everything.
ps: Sorry for my english, i'm french.
Not a fan of the map changes
I want to start by saying that I am a competitive minded player and this is definitely one of my favorite maps in Halo 5. The SMGs on the asteroids are meh to me as I enjoyed the uniqueness of this map having no autos on it. The placement doesn't bother me though because they are out in the open and you have to travel a decent amount with them to use them in a preferred close quarters area. In theory, the Railgun would be an excellent weapon for this map but in reality, the gun is just far too easy to use and it is very frustrating to get killed by. If the team at 343 decides to be everyone's hero and nerf the magnetism on the gun, I could see it working well on this map, but for now, I think the Sniper is preferred. To all of the people saying that the map is close quarters so there should be a close quarters weapon, that is exactly what the problem with Overgrowth was when it launched. Sword and Shotgun on a map with tight corridors is a TERRIBLE experience. A sniper on Tyrant is extremely rewarding for skilled players. While the Sniper is pretty easy to use in Halo 5, putting it on a map like Tyrant makes it slightly more difficult which is a positive.
When it comes to gametypes, Tyrant plays CTF very well. I'm not the biggest Assault fan so I won't comment on that but the segmented lanes make this the best CTF map in the game IMO. They allow you to predict where the other team will be to make the necessary cutoffs to allow your teammate to run the flag safely. If your teammate is running the flag snipe side, the plays you can make by running up the ramp to top mid and picking off the enemy team sun deck side are incredibly rewarding. Really hoping this map makes the cut for Arena/Pro League
Keep the sniper. Nobody wants more railguns.
AMBR8978 wrote:
Deez wrote:
I'm personally really excited for the potential of Tyrant. Some themes I'm gleaming so far are:

What else?
Quick 2 cents:
More close quarter weapons might make this map too crouch-camp-happy, especially in the center area of the map. If radar were removed I don't think it would be as much of an issue.
Removing radar would be the worst idea ever. Of all time.
First off, this is one of my favorite maps in Halo 5. It looks beautiful and plays even better.

I actually think the maps plays very well with the railgun instead of the sniper. I can see the arguments others have pointed out earlier, with the railgun being very powerful, but i dont think that's a reason to skip it. It's mostly useful in the same potions of the map as the sniper (the outer ring), and its easy to evade it in the inner parts of the map. If it turns out to be to powerful, the spawner can be set for 3 mins instead of 2 to partly solve this issue (not nessesary in my opinion). I hope these changes will apply to slayer as well as CTF and assault.

The scattershot bottom middle also works fine in my opinion.
I like the addition of an SMG on each island as well as the replacement of sniper with railgun. Maybe there's a weapon more suited to the map than railgun, but railgun > sniper imo.
I like the changes to the map. I prefer the railgun over the sniper on this map. With the sniper i find my self often not picking it up, because i'm often more successful with just picking up a battlerifle instead. The railgun is more useble (to everyone not just the pro mlg players), and more fun to use on Tyrant.

In objective games i have noticed that people tend to move around more (and hopefully doing the objective) with the railgun than with the sniper. So having a player with railgun on the team actually greatly improves the odds of making a cap or arming the bomb, because this player will more often do the objective and not standing in a corner with the sniper. I can't recall playing with these changes in slayer, but i think they are great and i hope to se them there aswell.
Map is decent , I still prefer the original HCS gametypes but I can tolerate this map it's best dlc map to date. Please take off booting/banning players for falling off I threw the ball off several times an sacrificed my life to avoid opposition from scoring in a close arena game and I was banned and booted causing my team to lose at a high CSR game
This map, coliseum, and plaza are my favorite slayer/objective variants, but I personally preferred the old spawns on plaza for weapons, and I miss the old SMG locations on coliseum. Nice job on fixing the rocket/sniper locations on it though. But yeah, Tyrant is great, although maybe bring back the splinters.
I like sniper instead of rail because it takes more skill to use and keeps it from swinging the game so hard when someone gets it. Whoever gets rail is almost guaranteed a flag cap. Too easy on that map.

Id get rid of scattershot and add an OS OR CAMO outside center to make the whole map relevant and balanced. Scattershot is too annoying.

I like this map and think these changes would really balance things.
Quote:
Edit. Sorry Assault not oddball
Hello 343 this is on 5/21. Oddball works really well on this map as does ctf however the smg on the floating rocks seem kind of useless maybe a supresser could work because of its homing also the power weapons (sniper and rail gun I think) don't compliment the map especially the sniper I think an incineration canon or something else with splash damage could work quite well and the ball spawns should be farther away from the scattershot. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Huge fan -SnowyZeusBandit
Deez wrote:

What else?
It is good.The better fit could be a close to mid range weapon.Long range weapons don't really fit in Tyrant.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4