Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Unfair spawns-immediate spawn deaths

OP JMANgrey

Is anybody else having the same situation? Whether it be team arena, btb, swat, etc. the game puts you back in front of the person who just killed you and gives them another chance? I'm not talking just a few seconds to be able to move, I'm talking spawn-enemy instantly has you in line of sight instantly.
Not yet.......
JMANgrey wrote:
Is anybody else having the same situation? Whether it be team arena, btb, swat, etc. the game puts you back in front of the person who just killed you and gives them another chance? I'm not talking just a few seconds to be able to move, I'm talking spawn-enemy instantly has you in line of sight instantly.
Generally very knowledgeable players can predict where you may spawn. Spawn killing happens frequently in swat as the time to kill is almost instant.
Doesn't help that most of the levels are on the small side, so a player that just killed you has time to get to a spot where you might spawn and get shots on you before you have time to react. Well, they don't even have to be actively attempting to spawn kill. You're bound to run into someone who just spawned just regularly cycling the maps. Especially true in Truth and Regret.
Spawn killing happens regularly on ffa. Often the spawns decide matches- at high onyx and champ level particularly. Some players are also just more lucky-i know its controversial but its true that certain players rarely get a bad one but others regularly do. Jimbo told me off once at champ level saying spawn killing doesnt happen- i know for a fact it does-over 50 times for me (and i reached champ 75 so i can play at that level competently enough)-so either it never happens to him or he is in denial. Given how often i see him getting god spawns on twitch and versus him too he probably never gets a bad one. But remember guys 343 only listens to the pros so we must be wrong!
I've been spawn camped today on Pegasus 2 across from the blue base for a dozen kills. This happened in both slayer and swat.

Swat is just one guy spamming shots, slayer was just constant spawning into grenades.

They need to fix that map.
It is because of the movement system, it allows people to move around too quickly.
JMANgrey wrote:
Is truth!!!