6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 37
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
idk priorities were probably different during crunch time of development between file-share and ranks and probably many other things.
yeah I agree, and I understand that, but even still they left it put on purpose. Even if the game had been completed at launch they still would have left out a ranking system.

that dosent make any sense so your saying that if the game was basically done all the game modes everything inclusing rankings they would purposly take it back out to in turn use more money to put the rankings back into the game.
No I am saying they never had the intention of putting a ranking system in game. CSR isn't really a ranking system, It's what is being put in place of the BPR from Halo: Reach.

They are making a competitive playlist yes, but god knows if they will balance it right. They didn't address all the spawning issues in their update about the upcoming playlist either which is concerning.
Also if you're like most of us who don't really have any reason to come to Halo Waypoint, or if you don't care to check your rank then it's just another social playlist with no merit.
OK i see what you mean now.
THANK YOU 343!!!
Quote:
Quote:
We will share the first outline of the settings next week to collect community feedback and perfect the competitive playlist before going live. The name of this playlist is still TBD - please feel free to give us suggestions.
^KF
Call it "Team Hardcore" an Ode to one of the finest MP the Halo series has had Halo 2.
Team Hardcore is what my vote is for. It goes back to the Halo 2 vibes and helps to get rid of lingering issues with the term MLG that some people seem to have.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We will share the first outline of the settings next week to collect community feedback and perfect the competitive playlist before going live. The name of this playlist is still TBD - please feel free to give us suggestions.
^KF
Call it "Team Hardcore" an Ode to one of the finest MP the Halo series has had Halo 2.
Team Hardcore is what my vote is for. It goes back to the Halo 2 vibes and helps to get rid of lingering issues with the term MLG that some people seem to have.
You and i are on the same page XD pun intended

Team Hardcore is what my vote is for.
First of all, my vote is definitely for Team Hardcore for the playlist name.

Secondly, Game options:

- As for the loadouts, we need to stick with a single weapon in every loadout. whether it is BR (first choice), DMR, Carbine, or Light Rifle, there can only be one. We must have every player start with the same weapon to even the playing field off spawn. This promotes movement about the map to acquire other weapons for advantageous purposes, whether that be for power weapons or a more powerful rifle.
* Adding onto this, The BR is the most solid choice for our starting weapon. I could go into extreme depths as to why, but basically it gives the right balance of power, range, and fire rate to promote healthy gunplay and exciting games. Also, if anyone watched the recent AGL tournament (which I hope you did, it was fantastic) you can clearly see how good the gameplay is from a competitive standpoint using the BR as a starter.

-We need to have a variety of games (KOTH, Oddball, Slayer, Extraction) to keep gameplay from getting stale. On that same note, we need at least 5 good, playable maps to circulate throughout the playlist. 6 would be optimal, but 5 maps and 4 gametypes would give us 20 different game scenarios to play, which is more than enough to keep the gameplay fresh for 5 hours straight of gameplay.
* As far as the maps are concerned, we have no idea what your next map pack holds, but it had better be smaller maps than Crimson. You've catered to your BTB community and the casuals, now you must throw your competitive community a bone. For this playlist, 1 arena style map (simplex, dispatch) should be used, 2 asymmetrical maps (abandon, ???), and 2 symmetrical maps (haven, Garotte). I feel from what we have been given there's too much arena style gameplay, which only promotes a few strategies. We can develop much more complex and interesting strats using a ultitude of map types.

- No vehicles besides mongooses. Don't even think about it.
* Seriously.

- STATIC SPAWNS. I can't stress this one enough. One of the biggest parts of the entire franchise has been map control. it is mentinoed in every competitive talk I've heard. Sporatic and unpredictable spawns (letting people spawn on the opposite side of the map they started on, not spawning with teammates, etc.) kills this game competitively. I understand that it sucks to be spawn trapped, I've been there. Everyone has. But it's so awesome and glorifying to get a legitimate spawn trap strat ran on a good team. And it gives you a reason to control power positions. It's so necessary to have static spawns I can't even tell you all my reasons.

- Eliminate as much of the random gimmicks as you can. This games core gameplay is the best we have ever had. Ever. And my hat is tipped to 343i for that. But there has been so much random and unnecessary BS added on top of that, you can hardly even see the core mechanics. This game needs to be stripped to its core to give the best gameplay possible.
*Catering to casuals for this playlist is a TERRIBLE idea. This is a competitive playlist, make it competitive. Trying to draw the casuals into the playlist will only drive the competitive players away, completely negating any competitive value. If you have ever played any of the MLG/THC playlists from previous Halo games, you will understand my point. These playlists are meant to be a challenge, and meant to be played competitively. If you go in alone, for your first time, You will probably do horrid. And that's how a competitive playlist should be. It should take Practice to be competitive in such a playlist. Please do not forget that.

You probably noticed I used the word competitive quite a bit in that last paragraph. Well that was done on purpose because it needs. To. Be. Competitive.

I'm very exctied to see what comes of the CSR and competitive playlist. I really am. I need something to play for again. I hope you consider all I have said, 343i.

As always, thank you for your consideration.
Things that don't belong in a Competitive Playlist:
-Sprint
-AA's
-DMR
-Boltshot
-Plasma Pistol Starts
-Pulse Grenades
-Personal Ordinance
-Sticky Grenade Starts
-Slow Player Base Movement
-Huge Maps
-More than 1 choose-able loudout

I hope 343 understands this
Quote:
-Sprint
-AA's
-DMR
-Boltshot
-Plasma Pistol Starts
-Personal Ordinance
-Sticky Grenade Starts
-Huge Maps

The only thing I disagree with here is the removal of pulse nades from the game, Also if everyone is given the same AA that would be fine ex. thruster pack.

Also the DMR could work if they nerfed it down to the range of the light rifle.
BR start needs to stay unless the settings are adjusted to some how make the BR a 4 shot and the DMR still a 5.

BR start is the primary reason v1 is so fun, in my opinion.
call it team hardcore or something

i am concerned about the preset loadouts however.. dont get me wrong i love preset loadouts, but i dont think dmr should be available otherwise dmr will dominate that playlist.

I dont however, mind the light rifle and br as pre set loadouts..

i dont know how many other people have noticed this but i think 343 designed the light rifle for competitive play (could be wrong) it is much harder to use than the br and has less magnetism, i have played customs where is is light rifles only and i have to say light rifle vs light rifle is more intense than br vs br.

therefore i think the loadouts for this playlist should be br and light rifle loadouts, no dmr please.

edit: the light rifle loadout will need the ammo upgrade, it has too little ammo to start with
Quote:
edit: the light rifle loadout will need the ammo upgrade, it has too little ammo to start with
oh so people can get rockets/sniper/railgun with full ammo? ya not going to happen
All in the same playlist that's going to be lame, O well just another fix u will have to do later on. (More Waiting)

Make the br a 4 shot weapon and take the bloom off the dmr.

Nerf the Boltshot.
Less aim assist and bullet magnetism.
A Fix to Network.
No more AA's they failed in reach and continue to fail in halo 4. Why keep em if they continue to fail?
More Halo type maps.
Quote:
Quote:
oh so people can get rockets/sniper/railgun with full ammo? ya not going to happen
the ammo uprgrade only gives you extra ammo in your starting weapons and personal ordinances, not every gun... atleast i think

and this playlist wont have personal ordinances.. if they do it will be like mlg and you will only be able to choose a AA not a weapon

also seems you came across rather smug in your remark... maybe not though, just how i read and interpreted it.
Yes... This. Is. Excellent. News!
Can't wait to play Team Hardcore. But with how specializations are set up it kinda takes unlocking them a moot point if load outs are preset.
Quote:
Quote:
-Sprint
-AA's
-DMR
-Boltshot
-Plasma Pistol Starts
-Personal Ordinance
-Sticky Grenade Starts
-Huge Maps

The only thing I disagree with here is the removal of pulse nades from the game, Also if everyone is given the same AA that would be fine ex. thruster pack.

Also the DMR could work if they nerfed it down to the range of the light rifle.
IMO pulse grenades are next to useless, especially when compared to frags and sticky's. if we leave pulse grenades in then there is less spots to spawn frag/sticky nades in. so technically adding in a useless element like pulse grenades does take away from the game. aside from looking neat they really add nothing into the mix. i guess you can use them to block a hallway for a few seconds, but wouldn't you rather bounce a grenade by a corner to blow someone's shields and then pop them in the head with a precision weapon instead

If the range on the dmr gets nerfed that would be ok, but then it wouldn't be much better than the br so i guess it doesn't really matter
Ranks need to be seen in game. That is what will keep/get people playing. Cheating will always be around, where there is something to strive for, there will be people wanting to take short cuts. I like comparing Halo to other sports, imagine the NFL with no ranks? Imagine if MLB stopped giving participation points because too many people were using steroids!! Wake up guys, at least for 1/15 of the playlists! Its not like you cant take it out if it fails!
why not at least give a in game rank a chance, Im sure the objections you have are not that big of a deal to most of the competitive community.

Or at least make a in game rank a possibility in the near future.
BEFORE HALO 5.
Quote:
Personally I think join in progress would occasionally be helpful when teammates have to bail. Or are jerks, but ultimately this combined with CSR means that people will, on balance, prefer the predictability that no JIP will bring. The CSR experience, which will work on basically any phone, will work basically exactly the same as Halo 3, but you simply glance at your phone or other smartglass device to see your current skill rank. This may be marginally less simple than seeing it in game, but the fact that it will make CSR less appealing to scumbags and de-rankers is well worth the 'inconvenience' of looking at your phone.

This is the beginning of some other competitive efforts we will be spending time on this year.
why not at least give a in game rank a chance, Im sure the objections you have are not that big of a deal to most of the competitive community.

Or at least make a in game rank a possibility in the near future.
BEFORE HALO 5.
less than a minute ago
Very happy with the future changes but I agree with a lot of people regarding in game rank. We all want it!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. ...
  9. 37