Infection needs to be updated already.. the maps are old, every time I play it’s the same players sweating because people are bored.

Ditch Ghoul Town and Crypt already ffs and try Enshroud and Sea Sick.

Black Friday is still broken and Riptide and Nerve Centre have dead rounds every match.

No no wonder people have ditched the game and transitioned to other more exiting games.
While I agree with what you're saying (update the Infection playlist) I'd preface my agreement with an acknowledgement that it shouldn't be seen as a top priority. There are several other tasks that I believe should come before it and in many cases well before it.

The true top priorities should be the fixes/improvements related to matchmaking and CSR/MMR, but after that I'd list these:
  1. Add at least the Echelon and Fissure maps to the ranked Slayer playlist. That shouldn't require to much work. Perhaps, consider adding another proven Community Slayer map to the ranked Slayer playlist too.
  2. Within the general arena environment replace the default (Recon) H5BR as a map pick-up weapon with the Long-Barrel Recon H5BR or perhaps the H2BR. Limited testing required, but it probably would take a decent amount of work to update all the maps under several different modes.
  3. Add some new community maps to the BTB playlist. Also, elect to update a few of the existing BTB maps to their newest version. Likely requires extensive work.
  4. Turn Warzone Assault into a Weekend only playlist? Should it rotate weekly with Warzone Turbo? Tough decisions and I have no idea how much work it'll take.
  5. Add new community maps (and the AT) to ranked Doubles. Likely requires extensive work.
  6. Add a few more maps (including possible community maps) to ranked SWAT. Probably minimal work if the maps are already proven elsewhere in matchmaking.
  7. Prepare the Assault mode for inclusion in the rotational Core Play playlist. Probably requires somewhat extensive work.
  8. Work with the forge community to obtain quality Halo 2 re-make maps for matchmaking. Prepare them for inclusion in the Anniversary Throwback playlist w/ H2BR starts and in-turn consider retiring the H2BR Slayer playlist. Likely requires extensive work.
  9. Refresh the rotational Action Sack playlist. I'd like to see Skeeball, Prop Hunt, Snowball Fight, Mantis Breakout, and Ghost Race (if it's still there) replaced with Multi-Team (2v2v2v2) Oddball on Car Wash, Multi-Team Crazy King on Epitaph, Multi-Team Slayer on Ivory Tower, Lightning Flag on Onyx, Warpath on Pueblo, Ricochet, Extraction, Save Cortana on High Ground, Vehicle Fiesta, and Fiesta FFA. This will require extensive testing & work.
  10. Add a few new maps plus non-slayer based objectives to the rotational Community playlist -- effectively turning the Community Slayer playlist into Community Arena. Likely requires extensive work.
  11. UPDATE INFECTION. Probably requires a decent amount of work.
  12. Add Refuge to the rotational Covenant Slayer playlist. Probably requires a mild amount of work.
  13. Add more classic re-make maps to Super Fiesta. Probably minimal work if the maps are already proven elsewhere in matchmaking.
  14. Consider the custom community mode X-Ball as a rotational. Likely requires extensive work.
Something needs an update is a common theme and this game is at a point where those are much fewer and farther in-between. Multiple playlists could use one, but it's pretty much like pulling teeth at this point.
While I agreee with both of your points, this is just coming from someone who likes infection the most from the playlists.

It is quite sad to see a great many you tubers and sweats leave the game because of poor management and effort.

I still play regularly but remember the times when you would not match the same person in 1 day.
I saw this in the latest community update. One down several to go.

Quote:
Fan Fiesta? – In late-breaking news *holds finger to mic in ear*, we're getting word that several beloved fan-created multiplayer maps are making their way into another fan-favorite multiplayer mode. Echelon, Fissure, Furnace, Russet, Seclusion, and Vestige will all be moving into the Super Fiesta rotation on Friday morning (Aug 3).
I hope it gets updated so the chances of getting alpha zombies happens less often, I feel like I get it 75% of the time.
Yeah, I hardly play infection so I don't know the names of the maps but, that one map is it freakshow? Well it's the one with a clown face all the Spartans have to do is stay slightly left of the merry-go-round and far right and the zombies will be spawn trapped the entire game. Oh, and if someone has a dmr it's game over.
Infection will always be op imo, but i do agree with what youre saying
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Something needs an update is a common theme and this game is at a point where those are much fewer and farther in-between. Multiple playlists could use one, but it's pretty much like pulling teeth at this point.
Only so much attention can go into something before the attention is taken away from other things. I'm sure 343 is aware of the needed updates but they seem to be spread pretty thin right now. We'll see what happens once this MCC patch gets released. Maybe that team will go back and focus on things for Halo 5