2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 14
I like the game type since it's a classic br start but the maps go to show the laziness 343i has comitted to h5. Sorry but this game has been a bust since it first came out. There are hardly any maps other than the forged maps and there most likely won't be any good ones ever for doubles that 343i creates themself. Halo is not halo anymore that came about after halo 3, don't be surprised.
I am loving this play list. I wish they would make a 1v1 or head to head like this with halo 2 BR and breakout maps. This game has not left my tray best halo by far.
NinjaHza wrote:
This is the worse kind of doubles. I was legitimately disappointed to see the "custom maps" meant just pink breakout maps. I'd hoped we were getting classic forge community maps from Halo games past like the wonderful Reflection remake and many more to be paired with the vintage BR spawn.

But no, now we have two breakout gametypes essentially. Oh, three if it still pops up in arena. I don't mind breakout but if I wanted to look at those maps or play that gametype- I'd go play breakout.

I hope the community update is juicy and the actual content's release is sooner rather than later. I love H5, probably the best of all, but I'm getting bored of these playlists and the occasional tease of a GOOD weekend playlist (looking at you weekend doubles) just to get it ripped away. And all those WONDERFUL forge maps not being utilized... :/

You guys are killing me, 343!
Couldn't agree more. Was hyped for Dubs, not so hyped anymore after 3 games of this.
Vecrom wrote:
You guys are terrible. Everything 343 changes is bad for you. You just cant see the positives. Yeah they did a lot of BS but why being angry about every little thing over and over again. I thought the Halo Community is a positive and friendly one but maybe that times are long gone. Iam done with this Forums...
What's the point in making all these changes when everything was going well in the older halos?
Its actually pretty fun. Learn to enjoy life. Its just a gam . Without 343 halo would have been over in 2011 so stop complaining about everything and just enjoy it! ☺
i think the new play list is fun me and red had a mad time playing
I personally dislike regular breakout, but at least it feels like a fully thought-out gametype with its own tailored maps and gametypes. This playlist, however, takes maps made for breakout, a mode very different than regular halo, and puts us with normal shields/health and lives, but no nades? It leaves me to wonder how any reasonable person thought up this recipe for disaster. If this was the plan from the start, why did the teasers over the past week not tell us the playlist was going to be simply recolored breakout maps rather than "community forge maps?" They had to anticipate that would lead us to expect some of the countless great remakes and original community maps made for standard halo settings (i.e. not breakout) and then leave us disappointed at the actual playlist. This is a pretty big letdown for those of us who haven't had a chance to use the H2 BR all that much because we haven't unlocked the req and were looking forward to some fun doubles gameplay with it.
B3LL60 wrote:
Its actually pretty fun. Learn to enjoy life. Its just a gam . Without 343 halo would have been over in 2011 so stop complaining about everything and just enjoy it! ☺
This man speaks truth
Lwkeo wrote:
Skirmish wrote:
>"PISTOL STARTS? Add br starts to the playlists!! WAH WAH WAH
>"Br starts?! BUT MUH MAPS."

Lol you people can never be pleased. Enjoy it for what it is or don't play it. Simple as that.
Not true.. all I want to see is a permanent Doubles playlist that isn't completely ruined like this terrible Valentine's Doubles Date. We had Doubles temporarily over the holidays, so it's not like they haven't made it yet. I get that they're making changes to it, but why not leave it in how it was in the meantime?
Everybody seems to forget when they released the population numbers over the holiday that doubles was the LEAST PLAYED playlist. You want and want and want abd when its given you don't support it.
phoreman wrote:
i personally hate all temporary/weekend playlists for the simple fact that there isnt any part of me that wants a playlist only for a weekend. this may be the exception. no one seems to like this temporary playlist, and it seems like a cheap trick. i am trying to escape valentines day by playing halo, i did not come to play halo to play with my valentine in doubles breakout. what a bad idea. pink maps? yuck

i dont see who wants a playlist for just a weekend. especially something like team doubles which should be permanent. team snipers is something most people want, why not just make it permanent 343? this temporary playlist thing is driving me crazy! i hate it. they should only be temporary if there will be another one replacing it as soon as its gone.

this was a bad idea. thanks 343 for nothing. valentines weekend playlist is just a fail
Yea most weekend playlists need to be made permanent ones
Leave it to 343 to mess up a mayonnaise sandwich. People have already done the work for you. All you have to do is implement them under a playlist and you will have happy customers. If I wanted to play break-out I would play breakout.
They should definitely revise their play list's.
NinjaHza wrote:
This is the worse kind of doubles. I was legitimately disappointed to see the "custom maps" meant just pink breakout maps. I'd hoped we were getting classic forge community maps from Halo games past like the wonderful Reflection remake and many more to be paired with the vintage BR spawn.

But no, now we have two breakout gametypes essentially. Oh, three if it still pops up in arena. I don't mind breakout but if I wanted to look at those maps or play that gametype- I'd go play breakout.

Man, if you don't like a game mode, don't play it. Simple as that, just don't complain. I mean I don't really like breakout (cause I'm usually the first one to die) but you don't see me creating a thread about it.
They should definitely revise their play list's.
They should definitely revised their leadership or at least their thought process. The only reason im playing team doubles is to get the first strike commendation needed to get Achiles.
I'm not the biggest fan of the playlist neither but it is what it is I suppose! I was just mainly disappointed in the fact that the 'community maps' were just Breakout maps re-titled and slightly re-worked a little! *head in hands*
Tazzman29 wrote:
Lwkeo wrote:
Skirmish wrote:
>"PISTOL STARTS? Add br starts to the playlists!! WAH WAH WAH
>"Br starts?! BUT MUH MAPS."

Lol you people can never be pleased. Enjoy it for what it is or don't play it. Simple as that.
Not true.. all I want to see is a permanent Doubles playlist that isn't completely ruined like this terrible Valentine's Doubles Date. We had Doubles temporarily over the holidays, so it's not like they haven't made it yet. I get that they're making changes to it, but why not leave it in how it was in the meantime?
Everybody seems to forget when they released the population numbers over the holiday that doubles was the LEAST PLAYED playlist. You want and want and want abd when its given you don't support it.
Firstly, there's no evidence it was the least played playlist. It was second last in terms of UNIQUE players but that does not by any means mean it was the least played. Additionally, it only takes 4 players to start a game. And I absolutely did support it! It was the only playlist I played over the holiday period and it was the only reason I kept coming back on to matchmaking. Don't jump to baseless conclusions, and if you want to see a longer response from me regarding the the whole unique players thing, check out the doubles feedback thread.
NinjaHza wrote:

Man, if you don't like a game mode, don't play it. Simple as that, just don't complain. I mean I don't really like breakout (cause I'm usually the first one to die) but you don't see me creating a thread about it.
I disagree. If this was their vision for the return of Team Doubles, then it's horrible. And a poll in the matchmaking feedback forum has so far seen 100% of people NOT enjoying it. We absolutely should speak up, and this kind of criticsm/feedback will only help 343i in the long run. There are companies out there that have to spend time and money distributing surveys to get the feedback they need, so we are helping 343i a great deal here and they'd definitely prefer it this way - if they didn't, the feedback forums wouldn't exist.
In my opinion these maps are a way better fit than the regular maps which i feel are too big for doubles. The added br is a definite plus. I'll be enjoying it this weekend
NinjaHza wrote:

I hope the community update is juicy and the actual content's release is sooner rather than later. I love H5, probably the best of all, but I'm getting bored of these playlists and the occasional tease of a GOOD weekend playlist (looking at you weekend doubles) just to get it ripped away. And all those WONDERFUL forge maps not being utilized... :/

You guys are killing me, 343!
Breakout isn't in Team Arena...
I am yet to play this game type but to be honest I think that if you do not like it then do not play it, it is only there for a short while so I don't see the problem the map was well designed and the games don't look too bad. I probably will not play this game type because I don't have anyone to play it with but I see no harm in it being there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 14