Skip to main content
Hey 343, I love the new maps you've added to big team battle, they really freshen up the experience and they are an absolute joy to play. However the introduction of these maps highlight a big problem in halo 5 and that is the lack of any sort of voting system. Halo 4 and Halo Reach had near perfect voting systems for maps and game modes so that you didn't keep playing the same thing over and over again unless you wanted to. In Halo 5 no such system exists, if you don't want to play antifreeze 4 times in a row thats too bad. I love the new maps as do many others, so all that I ask is for a voting system that lets the lobby choose what to play. Thanks for reading and I hope to see something like this in the game soon.
the only con to a voting system is that you normally end up playing the same popular maps over and over agian
Allen18812 wrote:
the only con to a voting system is that you normally end up playing the same popular maps over and over agian
So playing Antifreeze CTF 4 times in a row is better?
You could end up playing the same maps over and over though
Allen18812 wrote:
So playing Antifreeze CTF 4 times in a row is better?
Thats the thing I like about voting. It lets developers know what maps are well received and which ones aren't.
It lets them tweak how often they pop up in rotation.
I think map voting is garbage and ruins matchmaking. If you want to play the same damn map over and over start a custom game. All the devs have to do is reach out to the community if they want to know what players like. Just because a map gets a majority vote doesn't mean EVERYONE in the lobby likes it. Why make everyone else suffer.
I think a voting system in arena and warzone would be an excellent idea, as of this moment people are getting tired of playing the rig constantly or having to play swatnums on riptide or any other map ( i do not hate either of these, just an example :D )
I completely agree with this i played BTB all day and got stuck on antifreeze and the other 343 maps. I really wanted to play Valhalla, got to play sandtrap once and scavenger a few times which was really cool but 95% it was the old maps which is really disappointing. A veto system or community BTB playlist would be a million times better so maps people dont want to play can be identified by 343 and removed from matchmaking or selected less frequently
I like the voting system, but the previous map should not be used in selection. So we don't end up on same map all the time.
I'd prefer a veto to a vote, but something would be nice.