[Locked] Warzone Assault – Matchmaking Adjustments

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25
In order to provide better matches for all players, we're making a few adjustments to the Warzone Assault playlist this weekend and gathering feedback. One notable change is the reduction of the Fireteam Limit from twelve players to six. During this time we'll be looking for feedback regarding the following topics:
  • Search times (How long does it takes to find a match?)
  • Skill balance (Are matches even? Is one team dominating?)
  • Connection (Does the connection feel better or worse than it did before?)
After playing a few matches, let us know your thoughts. We'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, and look forward to hearing your feedback!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Zoo wrote:
It's temporary so technically no. They're testing the waters probably to see our reaction and how games play out this weekend with this change. If you don't like it then leaving proper feedback on why and solutions can help a lot.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
smg Quest wrote:
l RyanW l wrote:
Zoo wrote:
It's temporary so technically no. They're testing the waters probably to see our reaction and how games play out this weekend with this change. If you don't like it then leaving proper feedback on why and solutions can help a lot.
Couldn't they test during a non holiday weekend like during the week? Why ruin our weekend for their testing purposes? its absurd!
You just answered your own question. Because it's a holiday and the weekend more people will most likely be playing so they can get more data on this test. Testing this during the middle of the day in the middle of a work week won't produce the same results.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
While I haven't played any games yet, I assume the six player fireteam limit is to prevent the chances of matching 12-man farming squads?

If this is the case, this isn't fixing the problem at its core, it is simply soft patching it to make it a little harder. You need to tackle the issue at its core - no pun intended. A lot of people suggested fixes in the Warzone feedback topic you created months back and we've heard pretty much nothing on that.
Spoiler:
Show
smg Quest wrote:
Cashed wrote:
Hey 343 let me be the one out of thousands to tell you that this is completely retarded. You do this to Assault where theres a time limit but let kids endlessly farm in regular warzone. You say to "provide better matches for all players" but youre only accompanying for mad kids that get so upset for losing a game. Theres teams that only play Assault because how lame regular warzone is. 343 continues to disappoint.
Cant agree with you more, Warzone has way more of an issue when it comes to farming then Warzone Assault. Instead of taking the easy solution of adding in hidden CSR to the playlist they go and ruin the playlist for everyone after neglecting it for 4 months (not providing any updates or new maps).
MMR is already in both Warzone and Warzone assault which helps match teams equally.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing, or make nonconstructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
smg Quest wrote:
hey hey hey dont ruin my playlist now
you forget that a lot of people quick core to take that way is BS
Search Times - This is not a problem and wasn't an issue before the changes.
Skill Balance - Matches aren't even. It is bad because you are not allowed to have a full, coordinated team in order to win. You are stuck with random teammates who may not be good at playing the game or may not know good strategy. What does "skill balance" mean anyway? Warzone is social, so skill balance doesn't and shouldn't matter. Instead of lazily toying with fireteam count, maybe 343i should actually fix the broken spawn system and maps. The reduced fireteam count seems like a small band-aid for a larger problem.
Connection - It feels the same. One note - masses of people leaving during games freezes your screen. Maybe you should focus on that and not ruining team-based social gameplay for thousands of Halo players.

With that said, this will not fix farming in a playlist that needs it the most - Regular Warzone. This will upset a lot of people who regularly play Warzone Assault, and I truly hope you reverse this decision after reading the incoming negative comments. People will be farming the heck out of Regular Warzone as long as this change continues, count on it.
Quote:
We're gathering feedback a few adjustments to the Warzone Assault playlist this weekend in order to provide better matches for all players. One notable change is the reduction of the Fireteam Limit from twelve players to six. During this time we'll be looking for feedback regarding the following topics:
  • Search times (How long does it takes to find a match?)
  • Skill balance (Are matches even? Is one team dominating?)
  • Connection (Does the connection feel better or worse than it did before?)
After playing a few matches, let us know your thoughts. We'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, and look forward to hearing your feedback!
I'm about to try this new reduced fireteam, in theory it sounds fantastic, and I used to be one of those -Yoinks!- who farmed.
Spoiler:
Show
Should just implement a surrender option.
Who's to say they aren't working on something like that but trying to find temporary solutions until it's implemented? I think a lot of people need to step back and relax for a minute. I'm not a fan of this decision but to boycott the game or say my weekend is ruined because of this is a bit of overreaction.
Spoiler:
Show
smg Quest wrote:
I have, in several threads across different forums and social media. I've done my part and now I wait. If they don't take mine or someone else's feedback then that's their fault. Personally I would love a surrender option similar to Rocket League and party vs party MM. That would be the best option without changing the game itself.
l RyanW l wrote:
Who's to say they aren't working on something like that but trying to find temporary solutions until it's implemented? I think a lot of people need to step back and relax for a minute. I'm not a fan of this decision but to boycott the game or say my weekend is ruined because of this is a bit of overreaction.
It would be nice to tell us what they're working on so we know :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 25