Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

[Locked] Warzone Assault – Matchmaking Adjustments

OP Forum Team

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 25
There wasn't any problem with the search times
There wasn't any problem with the search times
Not 1 bit
search times dont generally take very long unless im playing late at night which i am...i have it on expanded and it still takes awhile

in regards to skill balance....not good...getting matched against full parties a little too often, and because the spawns are so predictable it become easy to spawn trap...especially when they all get tanks, wasps, and banshees...also i think lowering the player count a bit would really help..theres waaaay too many players in the game at any given time and because of that getting shot in the back and or team shot is also too common...also please remove marines from core room or at the very least stop them from constantly respawning...also array is a very unbalanced map...mainly for the attackers at the start with the spire

connection is usually good...you guys did a very good job with that for the most part...the only issues i ever have are when i play on expanded and even then its not that bad....but quite frankly...connection in my opinion is all your search preference should look for in an ultra social playlist like assault...i understand the need for balance so maybe you could balance the teams once players are already found?

also the retrieving data glitch has been happening alot to me in the past couple of days
Chzie wrote:
I think this is rubbish this is a complete disgrace and it has hurt many Spartan company's that are trying to get Achilles on wz assault
then you should be matched against other people who are doing that...not solo players like myself who have no interest in sacrificing my own good time to accomodate your spartan company
Lets be honest guys. 343 decided to do this now because of their free to play week and 50% off sell. They dont want the new players to get destroyed off spawn for 6 mins straight in WZA.

Hopefully when the sell is over they will switch it back.
Croh wrote:
Lets be honest guys. 343 decided to do this now because of their free to play week and 50% off sell. They dont want the new players to get destroyed off spawn for 6 mins straight in WZA.

Hopefully when the sell is over they will switch it back.
This is very likely true.

However, hopefully they keep it in place, as it should be.
Croh wrote:
Lets be honest guys. 343 decided to do this now because of their free to play week and 50% off sell. They dont want the new players to get destroyed off spawn for 6 mins straight in WZA.
Hopefully when the sell is over they will switch it back.
This is very likely true.
However, hopefully they keep it in place, as it should be.
As it should be? Why not AI? (Reg) Why BTB? Spawnkilling has been going on in BTB since H2.
Croh wrote:
Croh wrote:
Lets be honest guys. 343 decided to do this now because of their free to play week and 50% off sell. They dont want the new players to get destroyed off spawn for 6 mins straight in WZA.
Hopefully when the sell is over they will switch it back.
This is very likely true.
However, hopefully they keep it in place, as it should be.
As it should be? Why not AI? (Reg) Why BTB? Spawnkilling has been going on in BTB since H2.
"Had been going on since" does not make it right. Also, BTB is a lot different than Warzone...otherwise, they wouldn't have made Warzone. Warzone lasts can last anywhere from 10-30 mins, depending on how far the farming and/or spawnkilling team wants to take it. The timer doesn't count down, like in BTB...it counts up. It only ends when the offending team wants it to end. The victim team, unable to do anything in the most professional spawnkilling scenarios, have little control over when the game ends (unless they quit, risking a quit ban).

WZA behaves a little more like BTB (in that the timer counts down, limiting the game to around 18 minutes, max), but spawnkilling here is the same as Warzone. The offending team can call in overwhelming firepower (not just what's on the map, like in BTB), rendering the victim team unable to do anything as four scorpions, three Banshees, and 3 Gauss hogs or snipers pick off people as soon as they spawn. Whereas in BTB the vehicles and power weapons are limited, that's not true for WZ nor WZA. In addition, because they can't even move, they can't build up req energy to even contemplate fighting back.

So yeah, I could see where 343 would want to try and combat that so new players aren't immediately turned off by a bunch of unsportsmanlike players. Better late than never to take action.

I think we'll see this particular change staying and, if the community is lucky, it'll be applied to normal WZ too.
Quote:
In order to provide better matches for all players, we're making a few adjustments to the Warzone Assault playlist this weekend and gathering feedback. One notable change is the reduction of the Fireteam Limit from twelve players to six. During this time we'll be looking for feedback regarding the following topics:
  • Search times (How long does it takes to find a match?)
  • Skill balance (Are matches even? Is one team dominating?)
  • Connection (Does the connection feel better or worse than it did before?)
After playing a few matches, let us know your thoughts. We'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, and look forward to hearing your feedback!
I doubt this would have an impact in terms of fairness or skill level. The only thing that would happen is the community aspect of teamwork with a full fireteam would suffer.

The only real problem wit assault is spawn points on somw of the maps. Urban is the most rediculous map to get spawns in especially when the defending team jumps the spawn. That map needs to be completely redesigned or thrown straight out never to be seen again.
And gee, what a surprise, Croh, it's no wonder you want the change reversed, seeing as how you engage in the behavior I just described.

On July 1st, you participated in a spawnkilling game in WZA where your top player scored 100 kills (with a Phaeton), no deaths, and everyone else on your team is ranging from 20-40 kills and minimal deaths. The game was drawn out intentionally (two players were successfully baited into capturing a base, thus extending the time), and at least two low-level players (one SR 46 and one SR 2) died over 50 times.

You think that should be allowed to stay in the game? That's just one game you played. I'm certain there's more examples in your game history...I'm sure that SR 2 felt like playing again after being slaughtered for 17 minutes... -.-

So yeah, 343 definitely needs to keep this change in. You may be able to set up a spawnkilling game with only 6 teammates, but it's going to be a lot harder to pull off with 6 randoms on your team.

*smh*
Croh wrote:
Croh wrote:
Lets be honest guys. 343 decided to do this now because of their free to play week and 50% off sell. They dont want the new players to get destroyed off spawn for 6 mins straight in WZA.
Hopefully when the sell is over they will switch it back.
This is very likely true.
However, hopefully they keep it in place, as it should be.
As it should be? Why not AI? (Reg) Why BTB? Spawnkilling has been going on in BTB since H2.
"Had been going on since" does not make it right. Also, BTB is a lot different than Warzone...otherwise, they wouldn't have made Warzone. Warzone lasts can last anywhere from 10-30 mins, depending on how far the farming and/or spawnkilling team wants to take it. The timer doesn't count down, like in BTB...it counts up. It only ends when the offending team wants it to end. The victim team, unable to do anything in the most professional spawnkilling scenarios, have little control over when the game ends (unless they quit, risking a quit ban).

WZA behaves a little more like BTB (in that the timer counts down, limiting the game to around 18 minutes, max), but spawnkilling here is the same as Warzone. The offending team can call in overwhelming firepower (not just what's on the map, like in BTB), rendering the victim team unable to do anything as four scorpions, three Banshees, and 3 Gauss hogs or snipers pick off people as soon as they spawn. Whereas in BTB the vehicles and power weapons are limited, that's not true for WZ nor WZA. In addition, because they can't even move, they can't build up req energy to even contemplate fighting back.

So yeah, I could see where 343 would want to try and combat that so new players aren't immediately turned off by a bunch of unsportsmanlike players. Better late than never to take action.

I think we'll see this particular change staying and, if the community is lucky, it'll be applied to normal WZ too.
Never said it was right just saying this has been happening in BTB forever and no one has ever thought to limit the party size. I just dont know why they would do this to WZA and not WZ.

Also you say if the community is lucky? you do not speak for the community. WZ/WZA players who quick core in 3 mins or the players who stat and play 20min games are still part of the community. And none of them like this idea.

And before you lump me into the rest of the farming players im a 150 and i play in quick core lobbies where reg wz games take 3mins same for WZA unless we're on defense and we defend and were done in 6mins.

Myself much like other players are on a XP grind and farming lobbies do not help us at all. The XP is the same for 3 min game as it is for a 20 min farming game. So we can normally do 6 games compared to 1 farming game. So anybody trying to get XP will not want to farm at all.

Also if this changes on the farming lobbies will go from WZA to WZ like you said the max you can farm in WZA is 18mins. But if all these players go to WZ and farm the game can last for as long as they want which is much worse.
Croh wrote:
Croh wrote:
Croh wrote:
Lets be honest guys. 343 decided to do this now because of their free to play week and 50% off sell. They dont want the new players to get destroyed off spawn for 6 mins straight in WZA.
Hopefully when the sell is over they will switch it back.
This is very likely true.
However, hopefully they keep it in place, as it should be.
As it should be? Why not AI? (Reg) Why BTB? Spawnkilling has been going on in BTB since H2.
"Had been going on since" does not make it right. Also, BTB is a lot different than Warzone...otherwise, they wouldn't have made Warzone. Warzone lasts can last anywhere from 10-30 mins, depending on how far the farming and/or spawnkilling team wants to take it. The timer doesn't count down, like in BTB...it counts up. It only ends when the offending team wants it to end. The victim team, unable to do anything in the most professional spawnkilling scenarios, have little control over when the game ends (unless they quit, risking a quit ban).

WZA behaves a little more like BTB (in that the timer counts down, limiting the game to around 18 minutes, max), but spawnkilling here is the same as Warzone. The offending team can call in overwhelming firepower (not just what's on the map, like in BTB), rendering the victim team unable to do anything as four scorpions, three Banshees, and 3 Gauss hogs or snipers pick off people as soon as they spawn. Whereas in BTB the vehicles and power weapons are limited, that's not true for WZ nor WZA. In addition, because they can't even move, they can't build up req energy to even contemplate fighting back.

So yeah, I could see where 343 would want to try and combat that so new players aren't immediately turned off by a bunch of unsportsmanlike players. Better late than never to take action.

I think we'll see this particular change staying and, if the community is lucky, it'll be applied to normal WZ too.
Never said it was right just saying this has been happening in BTB forever and no one has ever thought to limit the party size. I just dont know why they would do this to WZA and not WZ.

Also you say if the community is lucky? you do not speak for the community. WZ/WZA players who quick core in 3 mins or the players who stat and play 20min games are still part of the community. And none of them like this idea.

And before you lump me into the rest of the farming players im a 150 and i play in quick core lobbies where reg wz games take 3mins same for WZA unless we're on defense and we defend and were done in 6mins.

Myself much like other players are on a XP grind and farming lobbies do not help us at all. The XP is the same for 3 min game as it is for a 20 min farming game. So we can normally do 6 games compared to 1 farming game. So anybody trying to get XP will not want to farm at all.

Also if this changes on the farming lobbies will go from WZA to WZ like you said the max you can farm in WZA is 18mins. But if all these players go to WZ and farm the game can last for as long as they want which is much worse.
See my above post about the july 1st game...
And gee, what a surprise, Croh, it's no wonder you want the change reversed, seeing as how you engage in the behavior I just described.

On July 1st, you participated in a spawnkilling game in WZA where your top player scored 100 kills (with a Phaeton), no deaths, and everyone else on your team is ranging from 20-40 kills and minimal deaths. The game was drawn out intentionally (two players were successfully baited into capturing a base, thus extending the time), and at least two low-level players (one SR 46 and one SR 2) died over 50 times.

You think that should be allowed to stay in the game? That's just one game you played. I'm certain there's more examples in your game history...I'm sure that SR 2 felt like playing again after being slaughtered for 17 minutes... -.-

So yeah, 343 definitely needs to keep this change in. You may be able to set up a spawnkilling game with only 6 teammates, but it's going to be a lot harder to pull off with 6 randoms on your team.

*smh*
Just because you are completely trash at this game doesn't mean it should be ruined for everyone else. Go find some friends, team up and play.
And gee, what a surprise, Croh, it's no wonder you want the change reversed, seeing as how you engage in the behavior I just described.

On July 1st, you participated in a spawnkilling game in WZA where your top player scored 100 kills (with a Phaeton), no deaths, and everyone else on your team is ranging from 20-40 kills and minimal deaths. The game was drawn out intentionally (two players were successfully baited into capturing a base, thus extending the time), and at least two low-level players (one SR 46 and one SR 2) died over 50 times.

You think that should be allowed to stay in the game? That's just one game you played. I'm certain there's more examples in your game history...I'm sure that SR 2 felt like playing again after being slaughtered for 17 minutes... -.-

So yeah, 343 definitely needs to keep this change in. You may be able to set up a spawnkilling game with only 6 teammates, but it's going to be a lot harder to pull off with 6 randoms on your team.

*smh*
Just because you are completely trash at this game doesn't mean it should be ruined for everyone else. Go find some friends, team up and play.
And yet another farmer/spawnkiller shows up. I've played against you before, and your team. I know how you operate, and I find it ironic you're calling me "trash".

At least I actually play the game and the objective...instead of just spawnkilling with a scorpion tank...

It's no matter, though. I have confidence this change will remain in place. I can understand why you're stamping your feet like a toddler not getting his way. I guess you'll just have to play the game with some degree of sportsmanship from now on, huh? XD
Oh, hey Croh, yet another game where I guess quick coring and getting that quick XP took a back seat to spawnkilling noobs, eh? 6/22/16, Warzone Assault, Defenders.

And what a huge surprise, alot of the people complaining about this change in this thread were with you in that game as well...
And gee, what a surprise, Croh, it's no wonder you want the change reversed, seeing as how you engage in the behavior I just described.

On July 1st, you participated in a spawnkilling game in WZA where your top player scored 100 kills (with a Phaeton), no deaths, and everyone else on your team is ranging from 20-40 kills and minimal deaths. The game was drawn out intentionally (two players were successfully baited into capturing a base, thus extending the time), and at least two low-level players (one SR 46 and one SR 2) died over 50 times.

You think that should be allowed to stay in the game? That's just one game you played. I'm certain there's more examples in your game history...I'm sure that SR 2 felt like playing again after being slaughtered for 17 minutes... -.-

So yeah, 343 definitely needs to keep this change in. You may be able to set up a spawnkilling game with only 6 teammates, but it's going to be a lot harder to pull off with 6 randoms on your team.

*smh*
Yeah my friends wanted to farm on the new map, how many kills did i have i think it was 14. So i clearly wasnt farming. I just happened to join a lobby that was. and once i found out they were gonna be farming on the new map i quickly joined a new lobby.
my kills per game in WZ/WZA is 10.8, that is def not a farmers KD. So before you accuse me of that just because im in a lobby for 1 game that does it, why dont you check the other 4500 games i have.

Ive only been in a handful of farming games, most of the time i just try to defend the base or go ahead and core in A.I.

And yes i do not think that was fair, There should be some sort of penalty system for farming like there is quitting. But they shouldnt limit the size of your fireteam.

But even if there was a penalty for it less skilled players would claim they are being farmed even though they are just being spawn killed by the defensive team for 6 mins in WZA.

Spawn killing the attacking team for 6 mins and winning the game is much different than farming. Some ppl dont seem to know the difference though.
And gee, what a surprise, Croh, it's no wonder you want the change reversed, seeing as how you engage in the behavior I just described.

On July 1st, you participated in a spawnkilling game in WZA where your top player scored 100 kills (with a Phaeton), no deaths, and everyone else on your team is ranging from 20-40 kills and minimal deaths. The game was drawn out intentionally (two players were successfully baited into capturing a base, thus extending the time), and at least two low-level players (one SR 46 and one SR 2) died over 50 times.

You think that should be allowed to stay in the game? That's just one game you played. I'm certain there's more examples in your game history...I'm sure that SR 2 felt like playing again after being slaughtered for 17 minutes... -.-

So yeah, 343 definitely needs to keep this change in. You may be able to set up a spawnkilling game with only 6 teammates, but it's going to be a lot harder to pull off with 6 randoms on your team.

*smh*
Just because you are completely trash at this game doesn't mean it should be ruined for everyone else. Go find some friends, team up and play.
And yet another farmer/spawnkiller shows up. I've played against you before, and your team. I know how you operate, and I find it ironic you're calling me "trash".

At least I actually play the game and the objective...instead of just spawnkilling with a scorpion tank...

It's no matter, though. I have confidence this change will remain in place. I can understand why you're stamping your feet like a toddler not getting his way. I guess you'll just have to play the game with some degree of sportsmanship from now on, huh? XD
I don't care about the change because I only play for quick core games so I don't see how you are calling me a farmer but thanks for noticing that you got beat by me before. I don't remember you, just another random that gets destroyed every game.
Croh wrote:
And gee, what a surprise, Croh, it's no wonder you want the change reversed, seeing as how you engage in the behavior I just described.

On July 1st, you participated in a spawnkilling game in WZA where your top player scored 100 kills (with a Phaeton), no deaths, and everyone else on your team is ranging from 20-40 kills and minimal deaths. The game was drawn out intentionally (two players were successfully baited into capturing a base, thus extending the time), and at least two low-level players (one SR 46 and one SR 2) died over 50 times.

You think that should be allowed to stay in the game? That's just one game you played. I'm certain there's more examples in your game history...I'm sure that SR 2 felt like playing again after being slaughtered for 17 minutes... -.-

So yeah, 343 definitely needs to keep this change in. You may be able to set up a spawnkilling game with only 6 teammates, but it's going to be a lot harder to pull off with 6 randoms on your team.

*smh*
Yeah my friends wanted to farm on the new map, how many kills did i have i think it was 14. So i clearly wasnt farming. I just happened to join a lobby that was. and once i found out they were gonna be farming on the new map i quickly joined a new lobby.
my kills per game in WZ/WZA is 10.8, that is def not a farmers KD. So before you accuse me of that just because im in a lobby for 1 game that does it, why dont you check the other 4500 games i have.

Ive only been in a handful of farming games, most of the time i just try to defend the base or go ahead and core in A.I.

And yes i do not think that was fair, There should be some sort of penalty system for farming like there is quitting. But they shouldnt limit the size of your fireteam.

But even if there was a penalty for it less skilled players would claim they are being farmed even though they are just being spawn killed by the defensive team for 6 mins in WZA.

Spawn killing the attacking team for 6 mins and winning the game is much different than farming. Some ppl dont seem to know the difference though.
All I care about is the games that are intentionally drawn out. If the game ends in 6 minutes with the defending team successful, that's fine. That's the objective; defend the Garage/Fortress. I don't condone the spawnkilling, but at least it ends in 6 minutes. But when the Defenders intentionally abandon the initial objective because they know they can dominate the Attackers and simply want to slaughter (spawnkill, and possibly for farming purposes) them for as long as possible, that's what I have an issue with.
And gee, what a surprise, Croh, it's no wonder you want the change reversed, seeing as how you engage in the behavior I just described.

On July 1st, you participated in a spawnkilling game in WZA where your top player scored 100 kills (with a Phaeton), no deaths, and everyone else on your team is ranging from 20-40 kills and minimal deaths. The game was drawn out intentionally (two players were successfully baited into capturing a base, thus extending the time), and at least two low-level players (one SR 46 and one SR 2) died over 50 times.

You think that should be allowed to stay in the game? That's just one game you played. I'm certain there's more examples in your game history...I'm sure that SR 2 felt like playing again after being slaughtered for 17 minutes... -.-

So yeah, 343 definitely needs to keep this change in. You may be able to set up a spawnkilling game with only 6 teammates, but it's going to be a lot harder to pull off with 6 randoms on your team.

*smh*
Just because you are completely trash at this game doesn't mean it should be ruined for everyone else. Go find some friends, team up and play.
And yet another farmer/spawnkiller shows up. I've played against you before, and your team. I know how you operate, and I find it ironic you're calling me "trash".

At least I actually play the game and the objective...instead of just spawnkilling with a scorpion tank...

It's no matter, though. I have confidence this change will remain in place. I can understand why you're stamping your feet like a toddler not getting his way. I guess you'll just have to play the game with some degree of sportsmanship from now on, huh? XD
I don't care about the change because I only play for quick core games so I don't see how you are calling me a farmer but thanks for noticing that you got beat by me before. I don't remember you, just another random that gets destroyed every game.
I actually hid, because I know the drill with teams like yours (I'm not going to run out in the open when I know the enemy team is overwhelmingly superior and has every spawn covered). Hopefully with this new change, when I want to play solo, I won't have to worry about -yoinks- like you and your team coordinating a spawn trap session.

And no, you don't play for quick cores (we're talking about WZA here, not WZ). Dude, your game history is public...and I've seen what you do first-hand. Don't lie about it when the facts are there... -.-

Edit: And I only need to go back to 6/29 to find an example of spawnkilling in WZA. See, pretty easy to find. And again, you're playing with most of the -Yoinks!- that are complaining here. No surprise.
Oh, hey Croh, yet another game where I guess quick coring and getting that quick XP took a back seat to spawnkilling noobs, eh? 6/22/16, Warzone Assault, Defenders.

And what a huge surprise, alot of the people complaining about this change in this thread were with you in that game as well...
I love how you are trying to throw shade at me even though i have been nothing but respectful to you. And please all you are doing is cherry picking games, why are you not bringing up all the QC/6min games i have? But you cant wait to bring up a farming game where 99% of the time im not farming at all and im just in a lobby who is farming that i wasnt aware of.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 25