Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Warzone matchmaking issue?

OP Eltermy96

Hey the past couple weeks I have been consistently placed in warzone lobbies that are completely unbalanced. I’m not the best player and I assume I’m placed in a lobby of like players, but all of my matches in the past couple weeks (and I mean all 10+ matches) have been completely unbalanced. Is there a bug with my CSR? Or is there no CSR for warzone? It’s not very fun to be completely destroyed every time I try to play casually. I know it’s just gonna happen sometimes, but this has just been so consistently awful.
Warzone only uses MMR and a team balancer which isn't very strict. It could be a few reasons like a sparse population which creates mismatches, playing against a party, or people on your team are under performing.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Warzone only uses MMR and a team balancer which isn't very strict. It could be a few reasons like a sparse population which creates mismatches, playing against a party, or people on your team are under performing.
Thanks for the response! Dang, well I hope they have a free play day or a push to get a bit more pop.
The matchmaking in H5 overall is really bad, it looks plain and boring. Most of the time, i constantly disconnect out if the lobby but glad MCC matchmaking works good now.
I saw the same issue in Turbo. The other team would be full but my team would be three people short. In one of these matches my team lost in only three minutes. It was frustrating. In regular Warzone I keep getting placed in matches that have already started and the team I join is already down by like 200 points.
A team can have 2-3 really solid players with high MMR, but then they can be partied up with several lower MMR players which makes the team show up as "average". That "average" team can then go on to smash the actually middle ground players. I recently had a game where me and another 152 buddy matched a random lobby only to each drop something like 50+ kills which we knew was completely unfair, but hey, it happens.

Even teams made up of average players can destroy others if they are in a party chat because communicating teams nearly always beat non communicating teams/random lobbies. If you like turbo then get ready for a fair amount of normal WZ teams running games in turbo just to see how fast they can win.
I feel for you .it was broken. Now it's beyond broken.
I have not played in a war zone game ever. Should I try at least once?