1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
- Merge Warzone & Warzone Assault playlist
- Make Warzone 12 man again
- Make Warzone Turbo 12 man again
- The first 30 seconds of searching with a team of 12 the game will only look for another team of 12 to match you up with. If the game doesn't find another team of 12 in that 30 seconds then you match anyone.
- Have Warzone Turbo available the last week of every month
- Remove the block feature from Warzone & Warzone Turbo
- Remove the Xbox Live Reputation System from Warzone & Warzone Turbo
- Add Array, Battle of Noctus, Dispatch & Summit to Warzone Firefight

Discuss
Great! These are the suggestions that would make H5 alive again. 343, the solutions here make total sense, fix it and the community with return bigger than ever. Otherwise, this community will het to the quitting point.
Jynx Fatal wrote:
It's pretty ridiculous people think 6 man Warzone with hidden MMR is the best solution... Its not, if anything it makes the game x10 worse.
It all depends on who you matchmake. Last night I ran warzone on my own and I did pretty good by myself by carrying my team alone and we triple cap. Keep in mind that all were randoms, in this case the matchmaker will "try" to match you with other teams (6). Warzone has a slightly more loose MMR than social according to Josh. So with that said if you search expanded you either get really bad opponents or really hard opponents. Focused tries to find you a more fair skilled based match.

12 man warzone is lone gone, you can still triple cap, farm or whatever you please to do with 6 man limit, you just need to have a really good team but keep in mind that every time you win with your team, your MMR goes up so the matchmaker will give you "harder" matches. Like Josh said, "you will win and loose often". The matchmaker wants you to "prove" how good you are by giving you harder matches.

You may ask why the hell am I telling you this, its the reason why 6 man limit its still the same as 12 man. I've ran a 12 man warzone before and we have lost quite a lot even if we were a really good team, we still got matched with harder opponents.

Not to mentioned I've faced a full 12 man experts who farm killed us, but those teams are a very few out there who do that.
Farming was a dead tactic at the time they changed the limit of the fire team. Farming isnt a real thing to me, but its done by 6 or 12 man teams. Its done by 7,8,9,10 and 11 man teams too. Simplify this topic and give us ine UP to 12 FT limit playlist. The social aspect of the game disappeared and will stay gone. I believe it with rise up again if the simple solution is applied.
- Merge Warzone & Warzone Assault playlist
- Make Warzone 12 man again
- Make Warzone Turbo 12 man again
- The first 30 seconds of searching with a team of 12 the game will only look for another team of 12 to match you up with. If the game doesn't find another team of 12 in that 30 seconds then you match anyone.
- Have Warzone Turbo available the last week of every month
- Remove the block feature from Warzone & Warzone Turbo
- Remove the Xbox Live Reputation System from Warzone & Warzone Turbo
- Add Array, Battle of Noctus, Dispatch & Summit to Warzone Firefight

Discuss

Great! These are the suggestions that would make H5 alive again. 343, the solutions here make total sense, fix it and the community with return bigger than ever. Otherwise, this community will het to the quitting point.
It's insane the fact they don't even release Warlords once a month, just completely forgetting about the Warzone community.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
G Bomb v1 wrote:
I wasn't just referencing one person, just the overuse of the term farming.

But I still can't agree with what has been done to Warzone in the name of closer matchups. Never, that I remember, in the history of Halo online team multiplayer has a team playlist been limited in the number of players it can have in a fireteam under the total number of players on a team. Until Warzone. And it sets a bad precedence.

"We think you're too good as a group, so get stuck with random 'bad' people."

And I'm not even in any of these "elite" spartan companies. It still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm used to using LFG. And it still runs me the wrong way. We made some good teams of effectively randoms through there but it came down to the communication. You don't have that with what's there now. It's never been the game that's the issue. It's the players. Randoms won't talk. No comms. And they ruined Warzone for me because they got hurt feelings over being beaten by teamwork. Not farming them. Core destruction. I got hate mail. And then they cried to 343 because they were outplayed. Halo is not a solo game, never was, and you should accept the set of risks and conditions that come along with trying to play it as such.
Senthura wrote:
G Bomb v1 wrote:

But I still can't agree with what has been done to Warzone in the name of closer matchups. Never, that I remember, in the history of Halo online team multiplayer has a team playlist been limited in the number of players it can have in a fireteam under the total number of players on a team. Until Warzone. And it sets a bad precedence.

And I'm not even in any of these "elite" spartan companies. It still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.
I'm used to using LFG. And it still runs me the wrong way. We made some good teams of effectively randoms through there but it came down to the communication. You don't have that with what's there now. It's never been the game that's the issue. It's the players. Randoms won't talk. No comms. And they ruined Warzone for me because they got hurt feelings over being beaten by teamwork. Not farming them. Core destruction. I got hate mail. And then they cried to 343 because they were outplayed. Halo is not a solo game, never was, and you should accept the set of risks and conditions that come along with trying to play it as such.
one sided views are why wz is in this mess both varietys and opinions should be considered however h5 has become the new halo beta and all i can say is h6 better be worth the wait.
Senthura wrote:
G Bomb v1 wrote:

one sided views are why wz is in this mess both varietys and opinions should be considered however h5 has become the new halo beta and all i can say is h6 better be worth the wait.
No the thing that ruined Warzone was people constantly complaining about 12 man Warzone fireteams on the forums. And I'd rather not have Halo 5 Warzone become a lab rat experiment for Halo 6. Everything would be fixed if you could search in a 12 man fireteam limit again. It's pretty clear 6 man fireteam limits made Warzone x1000 worse.
Ya it needs an update to add Marines in Firefight so people can get Achilles without having to play that terrible game mode Warzone where you literally have kids who that's all they're trying to do. It's the Plasma Pistol Commendation from Halo 4 all over again. Kids running around with plasma pistols just using that to get kills and not actually playing the game which in doing so hurts your team. Terrible commendation and terrible mode Warzone, just terrible.
Senthura wrote:
G Bomb v1 wrote:

one sided views are why wz is in this mess both varietys and opinions should be considered
No the thing that ruined Warzone was people constantly complaining about 12 man Warzone fireteams on the forums.
Does anyone else appreciate the irony here...?
I think there should be an entirely new warzone game mode called warzone custom. It allows players to invite less or more than 6 people. It would also allow you to set how many rounds there are and if you want to be indestructible, have infinite ammo, or have infinite reqs, you could do so in settings. You could also make it into whichever gamemode you wanted, Warzone, Warzone firefight, or warzone assualt. You could even make the waves how you would like them ( add your choice of troop's ). It would be like reaches firefight. What do you guys think about this idea?
Senthura wrote:
G Bomb v1 wrote:

No the thing that ruined Warzone was people constantly complaining about 12 man Warzone fireteams on the forums. And I'd rather not have Halo 5 Warzone become a lab rat experiment for Halo 6. Everything would be fixed if you could search in a 12 man fireteam limit again. It's pretty clear 6 man fireteam limits made Warzone x1000 worse.
Dont get me wrong I agree that 12 man should never of been removed, the 6 man fteam was suposed to be trial which fast became a bad joke but i don't see 343 going back sadly. I feel now however the matches are as balanced as btb games 75 percent of the time.
It's crazy me and several other people have tweeted at 343 employees on Twitter about when Warzone Warlords is coming back no response at all lol.
It's crazy me and several other people have tweeted at 343 employees on Twitter about when Warzone Warlords is coming back no response at all lol.
and aparently someone has just put a block on google chromes req extension. Its clearly you know who so we will buy packs...yeah right ill sit there and sell them in the matching screens. Shocked! (not that shocked)
I think they finally need to make a flood boss and even a map designed for it. Like one where there's a ton of icky green stuff, and they could add a new req vehicle that could be flood infected. Maybe introducing a flood air vehicle. I think it would be a good idea. Remember that the flood is confirmed in halo wars 2 which came right after halo 5. And warzone is overall a simulation. They also need to make a brute boss and add them to halo 5. Maybe they could add some fan favorites like the brute shot and the spiker with maybe an orange exploding effect with the needles.
Update to post here

Filed under the “Of Interest to Large Squads” department, we’ve got some pretty noteworthy news bits for fans of Halo 5’s Warzone mode. To get info straight from the source let’s hear from our favorite Ottawa Senators fan – 343 Lead Multiplayer Designer Lawrence Metten – who has some details on a particularly interesting experiment heading to the mode very soon. Take it away, Lawrence!
“Over time, the Warzone battlefield has changed as players have become more and more skilled at the game mode. However, not all of these changes have benefited all parties – since launch, we’ve slowly seen the Warzone “blowout rate” (how often matches end in lopsided or blowout scores) continue to rise. The Warzone team is experimenting with some significant changes to the way REQ Leveling works to facilitate more balanced Warzone matches.
“These changes adjust the REQ Level awarded for match actions and add a REQ Level “drip” that slowly increases everyone’s REQ Level over the course of each match. In our internal playtesting, these changes have resulted in more back-and-forth Warzone matches with considerably fewer players stuck at low REQ Levels over the course of each game.
“These experimental REQ Level changes do not impact Warzone Firefight or Warzone Assault. We’ll be monitoring game data closely and welcome players to share feedback regarding these changes over in the Waypoint forums.”
Thanks, Mr. Metten! These changes to Warzone are currently targeted for implementation late next week, so stay tuned for more specific info as we approach that timeframe.

So they're editing how players get REQ energy again, it's a start. But we still need more changes for sure like...

- Another boss refresh.
The current boss setup feels rather stale at this point and some bosses need to be moved / changed. Such as how all the bosses spawn top Temple on Sanctum, that's so unbalanced, the bosses should be spread out by the temple lifts so it gives the other team a chance at stealing the boss. Or splatterable / backsmackable 100 point bosses shouldn't even be in Warzone at all. Also I don't think the big bosses should go 100, 100 & then 200 they should go 75, 100, 150 unless you're using the boss layout on Battle of Noctus.

- REQ cost changes
They really need to change the req cost of certain things. Such as why would I call in a REQ 6 sniper when I could call in a REQ 5 Banshee or a REQ 6 Sword Banshee or Tank with wheelman? I'm not going to post what I think should be exactly each REQ energy however I think this is how it should go from a gameplay standpoint.
Weapons / powerups then OP weapons / standard ground vehicles then OP ground vehicles / flying vehicles then OP flying vehicles.
Warzone feels to controlled by air vehicles at this point and I think it needs a change desperately.
and aparently someone has just put a block on google chromes req extension. Its clearly you know who so we will buy packs...yeah right ill sit there and sell them in the matching screens. Shocked! (not that shocked)
That was a trademark issue regarding the use of the "Halo" trademark. The author is working on updates and will be releasing the source on GitHub
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6hh79t/halo_waypoint_tools_extension_being_renamed/
There is nothing wrong with the case you make for 12 man warzone. The problem is who is making this case. It's like a millionaire advocating tax cuts for the rich, it just doesn't sit right. If you want 12 man back, find someone other than stephenrg95 to head up that effort.

12 or 6, I don't care, I'll compete either way. What I don't understand is why people want 12 man back so bad, it was way too easy IMO. What percentage of dominated/alg games were remotely competitive? I can only play 5-6 games of btb before I get bored by the lack of competition.

Having six randoms in wz is frustrating as all hell but, at least that handicap can make the games interesting. I welcome the challenge. Dominated/alg still finds a way to win 50 games straight so, it's not impossible. I win blocks of 20+ pretty regularly despite the randoms.

If even a small population wants 12s, give them 12s. Take off the blocking. Force them to sit and wait for other teams of 12. Seems like a simple solution. This is how it worked for good teams of 8 in h2 btb. We sat and waited for games because of our high ranks and we were ok with it (until we got bored of not finding games) -- at least it was our choice.
In regards to updating Warzone, I think we need another "Refresh". The one we got was nice, but after a while it ended up being stale again.

Stormbreak always has the "Spawn a ghost and wait" elite at 5, no more Wamik. etc etc.
Darkstar and the soldier at 5... What if a Knight spawned instead? I honestly miss the Warden Duo on Noctus. There should be more than one legendary 5 minute boss rather than the same one every time, and I have to say I actually feel like dashboading if I see Sanctum come up. It's NOT FUN to have all three important bosses spawn in the exact same point, and one of them (Jul) is spawnkillable.

I want to see more randomness with the bosses. What if there's a hunter or elite general that spawns on the beach on Apex 7 at times, instead of a hunter pair on the Spire. What if the warden spawns in the center of the map in Darkstar instead of the Mantis, or a Phaeton Helios or two, more than just one boss in the same area every single time. I want to see more than just "Wait to spawn-melee the solider at the 5 min mark" every game on Darkstar (Or the same with the elite on Stormbreak)

I want to see variety, unpredictableness, something you can estimate might happen, but can't reliably predict every time. You know a legendary boss will spawn at 5 minutes yes, but you don't know for 100% what it'll be. You set up your ghost-instakill for the Stormbreak boss and it's Wamik instead, or a legendary Knight, etc. You can plan for the boss being there, but not what it is.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3