OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Warlords
Hey all! Now that Warzone Warlords is live, we wanted to spin up a thread for you to discuss your experience in the playlist. Feel free to leave feedback on search-times, gameplay, and any other thoughts you have. We're here to listen!

As a note, we're also looking for your input on REQ Energy Levels in the Halo 5 Forum.

Good luck out there, Warlords!
It is good that you made this mode because it will stop high level teams destroying casual players and it stops people complaining on the forums.
I personally think it's a great idea, considering the fact that it's basically a competitive Warzone and that might split some people up but let's face it, it's made for the coordinated teams with all 12 fighting against another 12! I mean, I'm sure there are solo qeueres but that's fine really, you're just making Warzone competitive and that's awesome! I personally won't be playing it in fear of being steamrolled but I can imagine how awesome it is for those MLGs!
its a great way for spartan companies to compete, compare against other spartan companies. good stuff 343!
It's great for spartan companies to play other spartan companies, and you can play normal warzone and not get crushed by a well cordinated 12 man fireteam.
I had probably the most fun playing halo since launch last night. Warlords is awesome.

The playlist does expose the wasp though. Something needs to be tweaked there.

Warlords shouldnt be be a race to req level 3 then a wasp snowball. I would move it to level 4. At level 3 there are at least reqs available to effectively take down more than 1 wasp.

I would like to see all wasps taken out of warlords entirely but I know that isn't feasible.

But it's a big win for 343 putting in this playlist. The best things to happen to halo were afterthoughts and unintended, like halo CE multiplayer ( look what that started). How 343 embraces the competitive warzone community may help shape and put their stamp on halo.
I had probably the most fun playing halo since launch last night. Warlords is awesome.

Warlords shouldnt be be a race to req level 3 then a wasp snowball. I would move it to level 4. At level 3 there are at least reqs available to effectively take down more than 1 wasp.

I would like to see all wasps taken out of warlords entirely but I know that isn't feasible.

But it's a big win for 343 putting in this playlist. The best things to happen to halo were afterthoughts and unintended, like halo CE multiplayer ( look what that started). How 343 embraces the competitive warzone community may help shape and put their stamp on halo.
I agree! Was actually better than I thought it would be....party issues arise and need some tweaks for when players drop in matching....but warlords actually ran smooth....which was nice for a change...

I wonder how much the 6man warzone benefited from having the more experienced warzone players flock to warlords?....I'd keep a mind to that as well....thanks 343....
Thank you for the experience, I really enjoyed it.
Good for competitive teams to face off.
Warlords should be permanent. As it was before, when it wasn't called Warlords but normal Warzone. The bad thing is, you have to be 12 players - when you are 11 in a fireteam you can't play Warlords nor Warzone nor anything. That's extremely lame and no wonder why nobody's playing Halo anymore. You should be able to enter a full 12-man-Warzone without having weekend or something special. It should really be permanent. I played about 5 matches of Warlords and lost 4 of 'em. But I lost together with my friends and not because of randoms. So the idea of having a 12-man-Warzone is great - but not enough if it's only this weekend and limited to twelve.

Make a Warzone-Playlist for Single-Players with no friends
and a normal Warzone as it was before; free to enter.
I saw what you said in that one stream chat about the Wasp, so hoping for a quick update on that front. I miss the old days of getting wrecked by Whiplashes etc. This is a great opportunity to get data on all the spam capable weapons to see what's too effective etc. Start with the Wasps and see what pops up next.

Love the playlist, wish we could just go in with however many we have instead of sitting around waiting for the last couple people to trickle in. The limit in regular Warzone (make it smaller even) is enough, Warlords doesn't need to be limited. Plenty of hardcore players who would gladly run it solo to fill out lobbies etc.

Obviously most important, make it permanent.
It would be really great so see an active leaderboard for the WZW playlist. That way we can actively track which Spartan Company is better.

There should also be a way to fix the JIP issue, where if someone does get dropped, it usually won't allow them to join back into the game, so were stuck with x amount of people down because they can't join back in.

Overall, this playlist is mucho fun, and the wait times are none existent. I would LOVE to see a way for Solo Quers to opt into playing this playlist, since right now if you are 1 person down you can't search, where as if it was as simple as people being able to Solo Que for this we would be able to match even quicker.

Thanks 343i for listening to us, and bringing back competitive WZ!
You will see a lot of feedback about the need for adjusting the REQ level of the Wasps, but the bigger problem in competitive Warzone is the ability of a team to overwhelm another with the same REQ. Before teams raced to 3 to start a REQ snowball with the Wasp, they used the Whiplash.

I think beyond moving REQ levels around (moving all wasps up 1 REQ point and maybe moving Whiplash up 1) some weapons and vehicles may need to be modified. Banshee spam continues the overwhelming nature of aerial superiority, but lock on weapons and rocket hogs can do absolutely nothing to fight them against competent pilots.

Overall, the best consistent counter to the aerial vehicles is a dedicated Warthog. However, the Warthog occupants are completely vulnerable to sniper and precision weapons while the aerial vehicles all have shields to preserve their health, banshees/phaetons can flip/dash to throw off locks, and their occupants are inside of the vehicle completely. Additionally, a Warthog requires two people to work together while Wasps, Banshees, and Phaetons only require one person.
HWM Sarge wrote:
I think beyond moving REQ levels around (moving all wasps up 1 REQ point and maybe moving Whiplash up 1) some weapons and vehicles may need to be modified. Banshee spam continues the overwhelming nature of aerial superiority
I agree. The Banshee should have a cool down on the Banshee bomb or get rid of it. That thing gets spammed like no tomorrow in the Ultra. The Warthog gunner is too open to fire as well like you mentioned making it basically a death trap.

For Warlords, it would be nice to see if you could make it so medium and bigger sized parties under 12 get in if you keep it around which could help with search times if the population gets too low. That being said, I know it may also hinder search times if you start getting uneven teams which requires having to wait for the right amount of people to join.

I agree! Was actually better than I thought it would be....party issues arise and need some tweaks for when players drop in matching....but warlords actually ran smooth....which was nice for a change...

I wonder how much the 6man warzone benefited from having the more experienced warzone players flock to warlords?....I'd keep a mind to that as well....thanks 343....
Regular WZ is still a crapshoot against farmers... I've had a fair few games this weekend and if I haven't been farmed, i've been slaughtered by 6 man teams...
HWM Sarge wrote:
You will see a lot of feedback about the need for adjusting the REQ level of the Wasps, but the bigger problem in competitive Warzone is the ability of a team to overwhelm another with the same REQ. Before teams raced to 3 to start a REQ snowball with the Wasp, they used the Whiplash.

I think beyond moving REQ levels around (moving all wasps up 1 REQ point and maybe moving Whiplash up 1) some weapons and vehicles may need to be modified. Banshee spam continues the overwhelming nature of aerial superiority, but lock on weapons and rocket hogs can do absolutely nothing to fight them against competent pilots.

Overall, the best consistent counter to the aerial vehicles is a dedicated Warthog. However, the Warthog occupants are completely vulnerable to sniper and precision weapons while the aerial vehicles all have shields to preserve their health, banshees/phaetons can flip/dash to throw off locks, and their occupants are inside of the vehicle completely. Additionally, a Warthog requires two people to work together while Wasps, Banshees, and Phaetons only require one person.
im a HUGE advocate of limiting the amount of flips a banshee can do to shake a lock....it should be timed and recharged not unlike how boost has to recharge...
the air vehicles need addressed.....wasp should not be available until level 5,6 for oni and 7 for hannibal
the massive amount of air vehicles makes the ground vehicles useless....
more balance please!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a blast with my company, I don't like wasps anymore. We had a wasps treaty with slayers of sweaties and the match was different compared to the match with wasps. It was less hectic. I hope this playlists comes back soon. GG's ya'll!!
I didn't even get to play 10 rounds of Warlords, because of waiting for everybody to join and even more waiting while searching for other players. That's poop. We don't want to wait, we wanna play! So make it permanent, make it free to enter, cut the bs. And yeah, the guys with their Banshee-Problem are right: I'm using no Warthogs aswell when there are one hundred Wasps and Banshees teleporting and rolling all over the place. But that's not my main-problem... it's allways unbalanced when there are a million weapons. The main-problem is: now that Warlord's gone, we can't play together anymore. :-(
What does 343 think of a REQ rubberbanding system? As one team pulled ahead in REQ level the system would kick in to pull the other teams level up to keep them within a specified margin of like 2-4 levels.

It would punish teams who sacrificed map control to spam Wasps as they would just be pulling the other teams level up while they raised their own. All forms of REQ spam would be nerfed as players would need to use a variety of REQs to control the map and push for the objectives as the other team would always be right on their tail.

Make it less about who can get their REQ level snowballing first and more about which team can use the most weapons the best, while still giving a slight advantage to the better slayers.
What does 343 think of a REQ rubberbanding system? As one team pulled ahead in REQ level the system would kick in to pull the other teams level up to keep them within a specified margin of like 2-4 levels.

It would punish teams who sacrificed map control to spam Wasps as they would just be pulling the other teams level up while they raised their own. All forms of REQ spam would be nerfed as players would need to use a variety of REQs to control the map and push for the objectives as the other team would always be right on their tail.

Make it less about who can get their REQ level snowballing first and more about which team can use the most weapons the best, while still giving a slight advantage to the better slayers.
I like where your train of thought is headed to an extent, but mechanics to bring the losing team up to the winning team doesn't really have a place in competitive. Spam wasps is broken, but that doesn't mean we need to give the lesser skilled team additional benefits. Losing should serve as an opportunity to expose a team's weakness and learn where to improve.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7