2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 78
What are the chances that 343 will actually do another weapon tuning update anyway? I really hope that they do since this thread is almost 70 pages long. Can we get some type of hint if they are actually reading this and not just putting it up to help us "feel better"?
I think that all the weapons are perfect!!!!!. The Incineration Cannon might be slightl OP but still the weapons are fine.
No more spawning with plasma grenades, the plasma pistol, or the boltshot.
If I have one complaint about the H4 weapons it is their lack of unique features or skill requirements. Some weapons like the splaser, railgun and boltshot require charging -- which is cool -- but that's as exotic as the weapons sandbox gets.

Here are some Halo weapons past and present that I feel should inspire Halo 5:

Plasma pistol: Pure utility weapon. Kills shields and EMPs vehicles but not much else. Carrying it is a liability. If only the EMP properties were proportionate to the charge time.

Plasma Launcher: Charge up to 4 shots. The projectiles track. The projectiles stick. Not easy to use but so satisfying when used properly.

Grenade Launcher: Hold the trigger until you're ready; release to detonate. Projectile bounced. Projectile killed. Projectile had EMP properties. Versatile against Spartans and Vehicles, but you were committed to the kill/EMP. You were vulnerable for as long as you held that trigger. Also, made Rocket Hog Race so much fun for the person riding shotgun.

Brute Shot: Bouncy concussive goodness.

Focus Rifle/Binary Rifle: Very powerful sniper weapons that are offset by their glaring obviousness. Use sparingly and wisely because everyone on the map will know where you're perched. Great trade off of power and vulnerability.
Quote:
If I have one complaint about the H4 weapons it is their lack of unique features or skill requirements. Some weapons like the splaser, railgun and boltshot require charging -- which is cool -- but that's as exotic as the weapons sandbox gets.
Definitely agree. I don't feel like Halo 4's weapons were that creative.
Light Rifle ≈ Battle Rifle
Suppressor ≈ Storm Rifle ≈ Assault Rifle
Incineration Cannon ≈ Rocket Launcher
Railgun ≈ Spartan Laser

Quote:
Grenade Launcher: Hold the trigger until you're ready; release to detonate. Projectile bounced. Projectile killed. Projectile had EMP properties. Versatile against Spartans and Vehicles, but you were committed to the kill/EMP. You were vulnerable for as long as you held that trigger. Also, made Rocket Hog Race so much fun for the person riding shotgun.
The Sticky Detonator is fun, but very difficult to kill with and not as fun as the Grenade Launcher. IMO, the Grenade Launcher is the most fun-to-use gun in any Halo ever.

Quote:
Focus Rifle/Binary Rifle: Very powerful sniper weapons that are offset by their glaring obviousness. Use sparingly and wisely because everyone on the map will know where you're perched. Great trade off of power and vulnerability.
Binary Rifle feels OP due to lack of descope. It's almost impossible to take down a Binary Rifle user unless he can't aim. However, with descope, it would be a pretty awesome gun.
LR is too weak un-scoped.
AR is damage is too high.
BR rate of fire has always been too high.

Need 2 pulse grenades. Don't see why you only have 1. It's the hardest to kill someone with.

SAW damage is too high. Requires no skill at all. Don't see why you increased the damage to begin with.
-2 pulse grenades

-Magnum 5sk

-Snipe rifle needs a counter (doesnt have to be descope, could be added flinch when shot)
I think the magnum needs a rate of fire buff because it equals a faster kill but the faster rate of fire means more bloom and I say rate of fire buff because I dont want it to be flagnum strong but I miss the days before the weapon tuning where I would destroy anyonr with my swagnum (thats what i used to call it) I just miss the old days I understand that it is a secendary but in every other halo the magnum would always be picked over power weapons I just want back my swagnum
please the 343i the boltshot have more nerf and the pistol become at 5 shot and little bloom
I know I suck...but is the suppressor really that bad?
Primary Weapons Suppressor
It be great to see the suppressor get a little bit more attention it has a poor travel time however it would be improved by decreasing the bloom.
I don't care if it makes rouge useless, just rework it, but the idea of descoping is far superior to flinch as it gives a way to fight back against precision weapons even if you don't have one. Plus flinch makes kills random sometimes and makes
fights too much of a just shoot till you headshot and not a battle of trying to maintain your scoped view while descoping the other player. It will make this game so much better.
You know 343I, in the latest halo bulletin you said that you were releasing a title update with the Recharge and Survivor armor mods. Why don't you take this oppurtunity to make these and all of the specialization armor mods available for use in custom games settings? And you should also release that awesome weapon tune in this title update as well, so that custom games have that weapon tune by default, not complicated by 'do you have the matchmaking weapon tuned gametype?'. And if this could also affect campain and spartan ops for some consistency across all of halo 4's game modes that would be great as well, I'm sick of having to re-adjust my BR and other weapons every time I switch between game modes.

My thoughts on the weapons:

BR:needs slight rof nerf.

DMR:needs 15 shots a clip.

Carbine:needs 21 shots a clip.

LR:make it 4sk when unscoped with even slower rof reduction(maybe make it single shot both in scope and out?).

Storm Rifle/Suppressor:just make these hitscan already, they are too underused.

Magnum:make it 5sk. In the rock-paper-scissors balance of Halo, there needs to be a better reason to keep it over other things(this goes for all secondaries).

Plasma Pistol:make it a hitscan 9sk, increase charge shot infantry tracking(what happened to the noob combo?). Also decrease charge shot vehicle tracking.

Boltshot:make single fire a 8-9sk w/headshot, decrease charge shot shield-stripping range.

Pulse nades:increase default carrying number to 2.

Plasma nades:slightly increase blast radius, Warthogs should take 3 stickies to kill them.

Beam:slightly reduce aim assist, should remain easiest to snapshot with.

SAW:give it the recoil or more of Halo 2's SMG, reduce damage vs ghosts.

Railgun:make it hitscan and reduce aim assist.

Splaser:restore it to its halo 3 glory.

Binary:make it 1 shot per clip.

Rockets:give it Halo 2's lock on effectiveness and then slightly reduce that, so that it can still be sometimes dodged.

Incineration:just plain OP. Reduce secondary explosions' damage(it can 1sk tanks but Splaser can't???).

Hammer:make like Halo 3's. Then grifball should use default damage/health player traits because right now the Hammer is too OP in grifball and UP in standard settings.

Scattershot:increase consistency.

Concussion:buff splash damage, buff vehicle damage.

Machine gun/Plasma turrets:make hitscan(plasma turret), and buff damage of both to that of the chain hog's damage.

Ghost:buff damage and damage resistence.

Stealth support package:should not make someone immune to Promethian Vision.

Resupply/Firepower tactical packages:both should be default abilities, with buffed secondary weapons being a choice alongside primary weapons for both the primary and secondary slots. This would balance out loadouts and promote more weapon variety in loadouts.

This is all my opinion on how to make the Halo 4 sandbox balance even better 343I, thank you for listening.
Saw:
I believe the saw needs a change. It has a massive clip with amazing firepower. On bigger maps, it's ok. But on these smaller maps (and Ragnarok) I think saws are the power weapon. They kill so dang fast, and with such a large clip, you can easily take on two to three guys at a time. It's very effective against ghosts, and even warthogs, if you're willing to spend that much ammo. And on the smallest maps (Haven, Abandon, Forge maps) that saw is better than a rocket launcher. I think the Saw definitely needs changing. Maybe a smaller clip and a little less damage. I don't care how it would be changed, but it needs to be changed.
Magnum:
There is a reason this is a secondary weapon. If it's secondary, why can a magnum kill faster than a BR and DMR? Nerf the Magnum as well.
BR
A slight nerf to ROF, or increase in reload time. ( to encourage accuracy )

Suppressor
A fire rate increase,or accuracy buff.

Magnum/Pistol
A decrease in bloom reset time, and an increase in bloom.

SAW
Nerf anything you want.

Thanks for reading and having this thread, 343.
Primary: paticuarly I wish to disscuss automatics. I have been using automatics almost exclusively since the June 3 update. I used them extensively pre June 3 as well. I consider myself quite knowledgable about them and believe my thoughts on them should be highly regarded. They are good guns, but just not quite there as far as competitive play is concerned.

Assault rifle: tighten the spread just a tad more. This was already done, but a little more would make the assault rifle a truly competitive gun. I really like what the June 3 tune did with the assault rifle, I have been using it a lot and am enjoying it. It's just not quite there yet as far as high level competition is concerned. Tightening the spread just a little more, so that a player will land 2-3 more bullets in a given gunfight he otherwise would have missed from spread, would make the AR a legitimate gun.

Storm rifle: a similar gun to the assault rifle but with a slightly different feel. The storm rifle can be a bit unforgiving with the aim assist cut. You need to be fairly close to a target for effective use and this is when you are in danger of missing. Even when I aim carefully when a target starts jumping and flailing around spamming his BR there is a good chance a chunk of my shots will go right past him from lack of aim assist. I would like to see an increase to 70% of pre June aim assist, (up from 50% I believe) and a very slight spread reduction. Not as much as i would like for the assault rifle, just to where I would land 1-2 more bullets in a given gunfight.

Suppressor: aim assist reduction was a huge blow to this gun. You just can't reliably hit anything with it now, similar to my thoughts on the matter regarding the storm rifle, only much much worst. slow projectiles and low aim assist and high spread is a terrible combo. The point to where you need to lead the slow projectiles you commonly get no red reticule at all! The suppressor needs to maintain its post June 3 buffs while returning to 90% of its original aim assist.

These buffs would allow automatics to truly realize their potential and would make them viable options in the competitive scene. That's a good thing, am I right?
Shielding and Recharge timings, or timings much closer to them, should be used in the combat speed Halo4 has turned into.

I don't mind certain attributes having modifiers but I do believe that BF is a much better "template" to look to when making modifiers.

And for that, if Shielding and Recharge are to exist, the same with quicker respawns, quicker killing and more angles to die from, then like Sprint, don't reduce just to add, add on. (Sprint is preferable to not have a limited use when maps can increase to immense sizes. It's just not a consistent layer like in CoD and I believe why BF never cared to limit sprint in the first place... If anything think of URT and having a modifier that turns sprint into a limited function [or off] for gametype settings... For X1: Halo :)

The main combat flow is very quick without AA's and with them, from damn near any angle.
There's no need for the slower recharge levels with the Regen. Field, Shielding and Recharge there to boost up times now that we're much closer to the 1s average singular weapon-use killtime than we are the 2s of release.
And there's also no need to remove those abilities as an extra strategic layer in the appropriate playlists.

Especially with the ability to now not have a sprinter be slowed down and instant respawns, combined with the quicker weapon killtimes and such a plethora of angles to be shot from (so hiding is much less an option with AA's), the shield recharge delay needs to be shortened and the speed at which it then recharges hastened.

I am also aware of what the AA and armour mods. will do to those numbers and I have no problem with that. Health doesn't regen. any different than before and if more Regen. I don't believe that many more players will opt for the option as the style is still more defensive based and at worst it takes away from the camo-users due to the nature of which it is advantageous.

Survivour would be nice to drop shields 50% from what they were at no matter how much the vehicle user had when popping out players.
If a player has avoided damage and just their vehicles is destroyed, well that player can quite often be at an advantage in returning fire on a reloading opponent while having greater health even though they've been taking damage.
Quote:

Here are some Halo weapons past and present that I feel should inspire Halo 5:

Plasma pistol: Pure utility weapon. Kills shields and EMPs vehicles but not much else. Carrying it is a liability. If only the EMP properties were proportionate to the charge time.

Plasma Launcher: Charge up to 4 shots. The projectiles track. The projectiles stick. Not easy to use but so satisfying when used properly.

Brute Shot: Bouncy concussive goodness.

The more varied the guns a game has the easier to balance them providing they all require lots of skill to be used (think on the Grenade Launcher)
Take Tribes: Ascend or Bioshock 2 as examples.
There seems to be an issue, not with the weapons themselves, but the quantity. My last few games have been like this:
*Sniped by camo-campers.
*SAW-ed by same dude 4 times.
*Shotgun to the face, twice.
*Blown up more times than shot at.
*Stuck by Promethean Vision master over and over.

Basically, if a team ends up with big guns, they get a ton of kills. And with those kills, they get even more big guns. Ultimately, I always lose because The other teams horde power weapons like noobs.
My recommendation is reduce the lethal radius of explosives. Change the ordinance rate from 70 points to 100 or 120. Do SOMETHING with active camo and Promethean Vision, because they are crazy noobish.
Lower the BR's RoF. Holy Yoink, I knew it was bad, but the Champions Bundle has me thinking this for sure. Lower the RoF on the BR. It's too fast. Whoever thought that a 4sk DMR (a weapon that everyone was complaining about) would be okay needs to just rethink about what they were thinking. The BR's RoF is currently as fast as the DMR's, which makes it basically a DMR, that's now a 4sk, but it's range was lowered. See, that sounds a lot worse than before. Yes, the other weapons can compete, but the BR is now just dominating. If it's RoF was lowered a bit more, then we'd have the perfect weapon sandbox in Halo 4.

Please, lower the RoF of the BR.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 68
  4. 69
  5. 70
  6. 71
  7. 72
  8. ...
  9. 78