2. ...
  3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 78
My suggestion: Make it harder to aim, then increase the kill times.

Why: Right now in Halo 4, players aren't rewarded enough for their individual gun skill. It's literally impossible to out shoot someone when down shields. It's just too easy to aim.

If it's harder to aim, individual skill gets a increase and so does teamwork skill. They go hand in hand. It would encourage more teamwork as well as reward the players with the better gun skill.

Also if it becomes more difficult to aim, then it would be wise to increase the kill times. This way players can't just run around knowing they'll survive because of how hard it is to shoot them.

Halo 4 is a first person "shooter," gun skill should be rewarded.
BR needs a RoF nerf, by a hair. It would still excell at mid-range (as intended) but give the autos more breathing room, a lot of the time it goes toe to toe with AR's and at times the Shotgun.
Every time you reload the shotgun you jack a shell into the chamber. There is already a shell in the chamber unless you completely empty it.
I'm sort of new to the Halo series, so this may actually not be an issue but…

The fact that we spawn with 1 pulse grenade when it's selected as our grenade of choice (as opposed to two) seems to imply it's better than the rest.

But really, I'm pretty sure it's the worst grenade out there. The "denial of area" thing doesn't work at all. Running through the pulse grenade sphere literally takes out about 1/7 - 1/6 of the enemy's shields.

The only thing that's half good about it is the fact it takes out shields instantly (super short fuse), but it still has absolutely no killing power. I'm sure if you looked at the statistics for people who have played more then 200 games, the pulse grenade would be the most underused grenade by a big margin.

It's a really cool looking thing and I wish it was better. Some things to fix it would be (obviously not all of these, but these are some ideas):
-Slow down the enemy while they walk through the sphere.
-Make the sphere last for more time
-Faster shield drain time (like remove 3/4 of shields if you sprint through and remove all shields if 'walked' through)
-Even shorter fuse
-Larger radius
-Spawn with more than 1, I'm thinking like 3.

Grenades' main use for me has been to either:
-Kill an enemy who has retreated and is hiding behind an object (low health, splash dmg will kill)
-Weaken an enemy who you know is going to be coming around the corner

Pulse Grenade does neither of these things. If thrown in anticipation of a hostile encounter, it's super easy to just stay out of its range and fire through it or to sprint through it and take less damage than a DMR shot. And it doesn't kill weakened enemies until its final self destruction and by that time they're already aware of its presence and will have an escape strategy planned.

Some other things not about the pulse grenade:
-You said it's possible for you guys to change weapon damage from the backend now. Does this allow for the possibility (some time in the future) for us to change individual weapon damage via the custom games menu?
-Hardlight shield could benefit from the ability to stop vehicles like armor lock could. After all, nobody complained about that in Halo Reach (I think).
-Like a lot of other people have said, the warthog needs to be much better and removal of plasma pistols in gametypes that have it would really help. Also the side seat of the warthog is very underused (I've seen it used once). Perhaps if the player in that seat got increased autoaim it would be useful?
Quote:
Also the side seat of the warthog is very underused (I've seen it used once). Perhaps if the player in that seat got increased autoaim it would be useful?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3emRaVz7RE ;D
The passenger seat has already a bigger auto aim, the problem is that you cant look a round 360° and that you have no cover.

You are right with the pulse grenade, people said that since day 1.

But 343I is to lazy or they just dont care :/
Put the human SMG back in the game, I only use the human weapons because all the Promethean weapons look dumb, and I've never enjoyed using covenant weaponry because they are all worthless. In fact the only Covenant weapon I did enjoy using was the Plasma Repeater.
I hope for reduced auto-aim and a rebalance of the BR and DMR.
Primary Weapons
Battle Rifle - Liking the new 4SK BR. Like I said before, get rid of/lower the spread and recoil. Maybe slow the ROF more, because the first update is not noticeable. LOWER AIM ASSIST

DMR - LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Light Rifle - LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Covenant Carbine - Ugh. Even after the buff to 7SK, I still find it inferior to the BR (Trust me, trying to get both Storm Rifle and CC kills, I can see the issues with the CC). I feel slowing the ROF and INCREASING the damage to 6SK would be best for the CC. LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Secondary Weapons
Magnum - I feel with the last weapon update, the Magnum should now be a 5SK, to be a better side-arm against the AR and BR.

Plasma Pistol - Increase damage of individual shots.

Sniper Rifles
UNSC Sniper Rifle - Decrease RRR for Non-zoomed battles (I believe it is OVER 25m). LOWER AIM ASSIST

Beam Rifle - Seriously, LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Shotgun
Scattershot - Rounds are TOO random and give inconsistent damage at inconvenient times.

Other
Railgun - Fix the Host glitch, where the round will either, NOT FIRE, or fire, BUT DOES NO DAMAGE. LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Spartan Laser - Increase damage output against Heavy Vehicles.

Sticky Detonator - Lower AOE for explosion.

Concussion Rifle - Slightly increase the AOE for the blast.

Fuel Rod Cannon - Lower ROF. Seriously, LOWER AIM ASSIST.

SAW - Dial back the damage by 25%. It's supposed to be a power weapon, not a Halo.
I carry a very decent K/D with the carbine but....

There is no point to using it atm with the BR being in its current state.

I think the BR needs A a reduced ROF or B the carbine needs a faster kill time.
( as it is harder to land 7 shots as opposed to the 4 shot, why on earth does the CC not reward me more?)
Quote:
Primary Weapons
Battle Rifle - Liking the new 4SK BR. Like I said before, get rid of/lower the spread and recoil. Maybe slow the ROF more, because the first update is not noticeable. LOWER AIM ASSIST

DMR - LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Light Rifle - LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Covenant Carbine - Ugh. Even after the buff to 7SK, I still find it inferior to the BR (Trust me, trying to get both Storm Rifle and CC kills, I can see the issues with the CC). I feel slowing the ROF and INCREASING the damage to 6SK would be best for the CC. LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Secondary Weapons
Magnum - I feel with the last weapon update, the Magnum should now be a 5SK, to be a better side-arm against the AR and BR.

Plasma Pistol - Increase shots to kill against Spartans.

Sniper Rifles
UNSC Sniper Rifle - Decrease RRR for Non-zoomed battles (I believe it is OVER 25m). LOWER AIM ASSIST

Beam Rifle - Seriously, LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Shotgun
Scattershot - Rounds are TOO random and give inconsistent damage at inconvenient times.

Other
Railgun - Fix the Host glitch, where the round will either, NOT FIRE, or fire, BUT DOES NO DAMAGE. LOWER AIM ASSIST.

Spartan Laser - Increase damage output against Heavy Vehicles.

Sticky Detonator - Lower AOE for explosion.

Concussion Rifle - Slightly increase the AOE for the blast.

Fuel Rod Cannon - Lower ROF. Seriously, LOWER AIM ASSIST.

SAW - Dial back the damage by 25%. It's supposed to be a power weapon, not a Halo.
I highlighted this part because I agree with the lower aim assist and lower rate of fire. But I do believe that it needs more spread because of the insane Hit Scan, a utility weapon that powerful can easily out class any weapon in almost all ranges and in the hands of a skilled player it dominates the sandbox. So I'd say add recoil and spread and lower aim assist so that you have to lead your shots.
Why all the hate about being able to spawn with plasma grenades and plasma pistol? How is it unfair that instead of getting mowed down by ghost zipping around or stomped, missiled, and gunned down by a Mantis that I can instead defend myself? Sounds like people are upset that the huge advantage vehicles can give has been lessened. I guess some people are upset that they can't Sprint to a Mantis and roam the map killing everyone in sight without ever dying and end the game paying themselves on the back about what great, highly skilled players they are. Truth hurts, you just happen to get to the vehicle before anyone else. I will gladly continue to blast you with my plasma pistol and put 2 stickies in your face and watch you go up in flames. I'm a self confessed vehicle hater and never played big team because of this before infinity slayer population took a dump and it's next to impossible to get a good match now.
The only weapon that needs to be balanced is the BR. All other weapons are nicely balanced with each other besides the Battle Rifle. It dominates every map in every playlist. I haven't played much Halo 4 lately due to the release of the Battlefield 4 beta. Which has been a nice escape from the destruction and obliteration known as the BR. A;; the people who say the BR is perfect right now just advocate for easy and cheap kills since they know the BR beats all loadout weapons even in there niche. BR = instant multikills/sprees. It's no different from the first version of the Boltshot, it's even more powerful considering the Boltshot isn't a rifle. We might as well make the BR automatic and 1sk because that's what it basically is when all players on the enemy team are using it and wrecking the entire map with this one weapon. All other precision rifles are balanced so why can't the BR be balanced as well? It's even the master weapon in the BTB playlist. That shouldn't be true but unfortunately it is. Please fix this so the people who use other rifles can have fun too.
Please return the player's Base Movement Speed to the original 100%. Ever since that update, matchmaking has been much less entertaining. I've been finding myself converting to Battlefield 3 because of this shenanigan-type player movement.

The spawn timers for everything are really messed up as well. Weapon respawns are too fast.

I could not find an appropriate thread for movement speed in matchmaking, so I placed it here since the base speed was edited during a Weapon Update.

Spartan Laser - This weapon needs to be limited to one shot per gun (Meaning an ammo total of 1 in its capacity.) Bungie really messed up when they added this gun, in my opinion. It is overpowered. (I can only hope 343 will find it in their heart to agree with me.)
Quote:
Please return the player's Base Movement Speed to the original 100%. Ever since that update, matchmaking has been much less entertaining. I've been finding myself converting to Battlefield 3 because of this shenanigan-type player movement.

The spawn timers for everything are really messed up as well. Weapon respawns are too fast.

I could not find an appropriate thread for movement speed in matchmaking, so I placed it here since the base speed was edited during a Weapon Update.

Spartan Laser - This weapon needs to be limited to one shot per gun (Meaning an ammo total of 1 in its capacity.) Bungie really messed up when they added this gun, in my opinion. It is overpowered. (I can only hope 343 will find it in their heart to agree with me.)
I'd have to disagree, the spartan laser needs a buff. The spartan laser is weaker and it takes longer to fire compared to the one in reach and Halo 3. I can't tell you how many BS moments I've had when I've lazed some some only to just pop their shields and get gunned down, but it works fine when used against a warthog or a banshee if aim properly.
Sooooo, everyone agrees... The BR is way too OverPowered!

FIX THIS PRONTO 343. At least a rate of fire decrease.

I can no longer have a fun time and use my favorite weapon because I'm forced to use the BR and no longer enjoy infinity slayer.

Needs a fix soon or I'm done with halo 4
Also, return the movement speed back to just 100. No one asked for the increase and I no longer enjoy just walking around the map and gameplay feels sloppier ever since the change.
Precision weapons dominate the sandbox, too many long range static battles...boring

Oh and snipers are easier to use than ever...reduce ammo or make it more difficult are my suggestions
Quote:

I was 100% with until you talked about the Spartan laser...

it needs a buff in this game and currently has an awkward fire range to it.
There was nothing more satisfying in Halo 3 then getting a headshot with the sniper and seeing the ragdoll get thrown back as if being hit with a wrecking ball.

Bring Back the SNIPER HEADSHOT MEDAL

(and perhaps bring back that great smacking ragdoll effect it gave when you got a headshot that they removed in Halo Reach and don't really have in Halo 4)

Don't really know where to post this but it's important to the weapon
Quote:
I'm sort of new to the Halo series, so this may actually not be an issue but…

The fact that we spawn with 1 pulse grenade when it's selected as our grenade of choice (as opposed to two) seems to imply it's better than the rest.

But really, I'm pretty sure it's the worst grenade out there. The "denial of area" thing doesn't work at all. Running through the pulse grenade sphere literally takes out about 1/7 - 1/6 of the enemy's shields.

The only thing that's half good about it is the fact it takes out shields instantly (super short fuse), but it still has absolutely no killing power. I'm sure if you looked at the statistics for people who have played more then 200 games, the pulse grenade would be the most underused grenade by a big margin.

It's a really cool looking thing and I wish it was better. Some things to fix it would be (obviously not all of these, but these are some ideas):
-Slow down the enemy while they walk through the sphere.
-Make the sphere last for more time
-Faster shield drain time (like remove 3/4 of shields if you sprint through and remove all shields if 'walked' through)
-Even shorter fuse
-Larger radius
-Spawn with more than 1, I'm thinking like 3.

Grenades' main use for me has been to either:
-Kill an enemy who has retreated and is hiding behind an object (low health, splash dmg will kill)
-Weaken an enemy who you know is going to be coming around the corner

Pulse Grenade does neither of these things. If thrown in anticipation of a hostile encounter, it's super easy to just stay out of its range and fire through it or to sprint through it and take less damage than a DMR shot. And it doesn't kill weakened enemies until its final self destruction and by that time they're already aware of its presence and will have an escape strategy planned.
You clearly have never met me before ;D

IMO, the Pulse Grenade is the best grenade is the game. It almost always guarantees either a 1-shot or a finishing kill.

The activation drops the shields to nearly nothing. The explosion drops the shields to nothing. The drain does not do that much damage, until you combine it with your weapon, thus fastening the kill time.

Because of the precision and damage, it is much more efficient and reliable than the Frags or Plasmas. With Frags, you hope it does a good amount of damage. With the Plasmas, you hope you stick them. With the Pulse, they're dead.

You just need to learn how to use it well.

As for your comment about spawning with more... One of my friends shows why you only spawn with 1. He puts on Grenadier, so he gets 2 Pulses, and every time you meet him, your dead, no questions asked.

As for your comment about 200+ games and probably not have that much kills with it... Well...
On Halotracker, I have a total of 1,067 kills with the Pulse Grenade (#7 in the world with the most kills with it). It is my main grenade, and most used, with the most kills of all the grenades. While that may not sound like much with the amount of time I've played, note that you can't forget about the amount of assists I've gotten from it, which is probably too much for me to count. When someone is about to come around the corner, I throw the grenade, it activates, it drops their shields to near nothing, and then I get the headshot. Nearly every time. As for the kills, about half of them have got to be "Death from the Grave" type of kills. When I'm about to die in a fight, I throw it at their feet, and they die along with me. Works nearly every time. (Note that I say "nearly" because all kinds of situations, like terrible aim, can interrupt the awesomeness that is the Pulse Grenade)

So, overall, the Pulse Grenade is the best grenade IMO. It doesn't need some kind of nerf/buff, because it's just too awesome. But because of the awesomeness that it is, I do believe 343i made the right choice of just giving us 1.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 78