2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. ...
  8. 78
Quote:
it still makes me scream that Plasma Weapons are still in loadouts, they are the furthest things from balance.

Being an avid Vehicle driver/pilot, Halo 4 BTB is almost Unplayable for me, considering that it's the only playlist i enjoy playing

There is not a SINGLE valid argument anyone can make as to why Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades are in loadouts.

Plasma Grenades can kill any player with only a single grenade; once they're stuck on you, there is no way to survive the explosion. You spawn with two of them, this allows for two free kills, and almost guaranties at least one.

Plasma Pistol is a utility weapon, it has the power to stop a vehicle form doing anything for a few seconds. Give one to EVERY SINGE PERSON that spawns in the game, and suddenly vehicles are not effective anymore. Couple this with plasma grenades, means that ANY VEHICLE is completely worthless, as now a single soldier has the power to destroy one, and has no punishment for dying, as he can just spawn back in with another two grenades and a pistol.

Vehicle combat would be so much more balanced without these two weapons in loadouts.
1. I agree that plasma grenades and pistols help break vehicle gameplay in H4... but did you ever try Reach? I mean in that one any weapon was a power weapon to a vehicle.

2. plasma nades do not guarantee at least one free kill. to get a kill with them you have to stick people. that requires skill and patience. very few people have one or the other. I rock plasmas for most of my loadouts and they are worthless unless used directly on a person or vehicle. they don't bounce around a corner, they don't have a blast radius at all, and they do virtually no damage unless they stick to something.

3. yes the plasma pistol sucks as a loadout weapon. an entire team being able to emp any vehicle that comes close to them is a terrible thing. hmmm... I seem to remember talking about this same type of problem with invise, jetpack and armorlock in reach... and only one was removed. >:[ never the less I make the same argument that the entire team shouldn't be able to spawn with a plasma pistol... or invise... or jetpack. they are game breakers, they destroy the way the game was meant to be played.

well that should warp things up.
I already posted this on a topic in the Matchmaking forums, but seeing as 343 is more likely to see it here, I am posting it here as well.

I do not take into accout in this post whether or not it is actually possible to make certain changes.

A decrease in auto aim and bullet magnetism across the board is necessary.

Primary Automatics
Assault Rifle-Very slightly increase bloom, slightly decrease red reticle range
Storm Rifle-Decrease damage against unshielded enemies, Increase damage against shielded enemies
Supressor-Decrease bloom

Primary Precision Rifles
BR-Decrease auto aim especially here, plus slight RoF decrease
Lightrifle-Increase clip/total ammo

Secondary Weapons
Magnum-Decrease RoF greatly, but also decrease shots to kill, make more like previous halos where you have to aim rather than spam.
Plasma Pistol-Take out of loadouts
Boltshot-Take out of loadouts, or seriously nerf range, accuracy, or damage of shotgun effect

Sniper Weapons
Sniper Rifle-Decrease flinch, RoF, and recoil
Beam Rifle-Greater decrease of auto-aim
Binary Rifle-Should not be 1-shot kill anywhere

Shotgun/Melee Weapons
Shotgun-Increase waiting time between shots slightly, make it harder to get the kill if the first shot isn't at a close enough range to 1-hit
Gravity Hammer-Increase area of effect, make it appear for once outside of grifball
Scattershot-Increase consistency, don't randomize the damage/range relationship

Power Automatics
SAW-Decrease RoF to pre-weapon tuning, if not slower; also decrease ammo
Needler-Decrease the "following effect" (is there any official name for this?), decease RoF

Explosive Weapons
Railgun-Make a sound to alert nearby players when fully charged
Sticky Detonator-Add a very short wait time before the projectile can be detonated
Concussion Rifle-Decrease stun effect, increase splash damage
Fuel Rod Cannon-Decrease ammo by 1 clip
Incineration Cannon-Should kill only if player is caught in splash damage of initial AND secondary impacts

Grenades
Frag Grenade-Slightly increase amount of time before it explodes (Very slightly)
Plasma Grenade-Decrease Magnetism (Pathetic that I have to say this about a GRENADE) and take out of loadouts (at most give 1 instead of 2)
Pulse Grenade-Give 2 in loadouts instead of 1

Turrets
UNSC Turret-Take out of positions where one can see a lot without pulling off of stand (ie. 2nd floors of bases on Exile)
Plasma Cannon-Is this even on any maps?

Vehicles
Mantis-Decrease radar range for players in the Mantis
Scorpion-Put this on a map somewhere, then I may be able to find a complaint
Shade Turret-Again, why is this even in the game if it's not on any maps?
Ghost-Slightly decrease damage of cannons
Quote:
I already posted this on a topic in the Matchmaking forums, but seeing as 343 is more likely to see it here, I am posting it here as well.

I do not take into accout in this post whether or not it is actually possible to make certain changes.

A decrease in auto aim and bullet magnetism across the board is necessary.

Primary Automatics
Assault Rifle-Very slightly increase bloom, slightly decrease red reticle range
Storm Rifle-Decrease damage against unshielded enemies, Increase damage against shielded enemies
Supressor-Decrease bloom

Primary Precision Rifles
BR-Decrease auto aim especially here, plus slight RoF decrease
Lightrifle-Increase clip/total ammo

Secondary Weapons
Magnum-Decrease RoF greatly, but also decrease shots to kill, make more like previous halos where you have to aim rather than spam.
Plasma Pistol-Take out of loadouts
Boltshot-Take out of loadouts, or seriously nerf range, accuracy, or damage of shotgun effect

Sniper Weapons
Sniper Rifle-Decrease flinch, RoF, and recoil
Beam Rifle-Greater decrease of auto-aim
Binary Rifle-Should not be 1-shot kill anywhere

Shotgun/Melee Weapons
Shotgun-Increase waiting time between shots slightly, make it harder to get the kill if the first shot isn't at a close enough range to 1-hit
Gravity Hammer-Increase area of effect, make it appear for once outside of grifball
Scattershot-Increase consistency, don't randomize the damage/range relationship

Power Automatics
SAW-Decrease RoF to pre-weapon tuning, if not slower; also decrease ammo
Needler-Decrease the "following effect" (is there any official name for this?), decease RoF

Explosive Weapons
Railgun-Make a sound to alert nearby players when fully charged
Sticky Detonator-Add a very short wait time before the projectile can be detonated
Concussion Rifle-Decrease stun effect, increase splash damage
Fuel Rod Cannon-Decrease ammo by 1 clip
Incineration Cannon-Should kill only if player is caught in splash damage of initial AND secondary impacts

Grenades
Frag Grenade-Slightly increase amount of time before it explodes (Very slightly)
Plasma Grenade-Decrease Magnetism (Pathetic that I have to say this about a GRENADE) and take out of loadouts (at most give 1 instead of 2)
Pulse Grenade-Give 2 in loadouts instead of 1

Turrets
UNSC Turret-Take out of positions where one can see a lot without pulling off of stand (ie. 2nd floors of bases on Exile)
Plasma Cannon-Is this even on any maps?

Vehicles
Mantis-Decrease radar range for players in the Mantis
Scorpion-Put this on a map somewhere, then I may be able to find a complaint
Shade Turret-Again, why is this even in the game if it's not on any maps?
Ghost-Slightly decrease damage of cannons
Primary Automatics
Assault Rifle-Very slightly increase bloom, slightly decrease red reticle range not really needed.
Storm Rifle-Decrease damage against unshielded enemies, Increase damage against shielded enemies so you want it to only pop shields then do no damage to health?
Supressor-Decrease bloom yes.

Secondary Weapons
Magnum-Decrease RoF greatly, but also decrease shots to kill, make more like previous halos where you have to aim rather than spam. meh
Plasma Pistol-Take out of loadouts maybe... yeah
Boltshot-Take out of loadouts, or seriously nerf range, accuracy, or damage of shotgun effect I think remove from loadout and then return original charge shot and buff single fire.

Sniper Weapons
Sniper Rifle-Decrease flinch, RoF, and recoil reduce rate of fire and the others will be fine.
Beam Rifle-Greater decrease of auto-aim yes, yes, yes, a million times yes.
Binary Rifle-Should not be 1-shot kill anywhere it's fine just the way it is. low ammo count even with ammo mod, low RoF, no aim assist at all, and giant laser pointer that says shoot here even when invise.

Shotgun/Melee Weapons
Shotgun-Increase waiting time between shots slightly, make it harder to get the kill if the first shot isn't at a close enough range to 1-hit meh
Gravity Hammer-Increase area of effect, make it appear for once outside of grifball yes
Scattershot-Increase consistency, don't randomize the damage/range relationship I agree, make it more predicable.

Power Automatics
SAW-Decrease RoF to pre-weapon tuning, if not slower; also decrease ammo preTU yes
Needler-Decrease the "following effect" (is there any official name for this?), decease RoF it's referred to as "Tracking" and leave as is and yes reduce RoF.

Explosive Weapons
Railgun-Make a sound to alert nearby players when fully charged yes
Sticky Detonator-Add a very short wait time before the projectile can be detonated already there.
Concussion Rifle-Decrease stun effect, increase splash damage yes
Fuel Rod Cannon-Decrease ammo by 1 clip yes
Incineration Cannon-Should kill only if player is caught in splash damage of initial AND secondary impacts no

Grenades
Frag Grenade-Slightly increase amount of time before it explodes (Very slightly) agreed
Plasma Grenade-Decrease Magnetism (Pathetic that I have to say this about a GRENADE) and take out of loadouts (at most give 1 instead of 2) I have the opposite problem. many times when I use plasmas I watch them go right through an enemy like they weren't there. and yeah reduce to 1.
Pulse Grenade-Give 2 in loadouts instead of 1 agreed

Turrets
UNSC Turret-Take out of positions where one can see a lot without pulling off of stand (ie. 2nd floors of bases on Exile) meh, remember, if you can see your enemy, your enemy can see you.
Plasma Cannon-Is this even on any maps? don't think it is

Vehicles
Mantis-Decrease radar range for players in the Mantis maybe
Scorpion-Put this on a map somewhere, then I may be able to find a complaint wonky controls when trying to rotate camera and drive in the same previous direction.
Shade Turret-Again, why is this even in the game if it's not on any maps? use in forge
Ghost-Slightly decrease damage of cannons for once I can agree with a opinion on the ghost... this must be my lucky day.
Fyi, the Shade Turret probably isn't used because there's a glitch with it. If you sprint into the direct front of it, you commit suicide. It's probably not in just to prevent griefing in Matchmaking.
Promethean Vision should be removed from matchmaking. It's the only armor ability that legitimately ruins the game.

1. Snipers use it to line up headshots before coming around corners or up hills.

2. People with rockets use it to place shots at corners too far for their radars to detect enemies.

3. Boltshot, Railgun, and Splaser users abuse it to precharge their weapons perfectly before stepping out with an instant kill.

4. It prevents the strategy of jumping around corners because the opponent is already looking up thanks to their xray vision.

5. It's horribly unbalanced as using it with Efficiency allows it to be on nearly all the time.

6. Users of plasmas can abuse their grenades and stick people just as they cut a turn and they don't even have to try.

7. It allows campers to completely stay out of combat as they always know where every enemy is.

I've played way too many games and it's becoming more apparent that Promethean vision is the only armor ability without a counter. Stealth doesn't even work. You can counter jetpacks and thrusters with good aim. Sentries can be destroyed. Hardlights can be waited out or naded around. Holograms are obvious once you learn them. The regen field most often is used defensively which takes both sides out of combat. If not, the amount of time it reduces our death is around a single shot. Eyes can adjust to camo and you're never fully invisible.

Promethean vision on the other hand...
Quote:
Kienamaru

Promethean Vision should be removed from matchmaking. It's the only armor ability that legitimately ruins the game.

1. Snipers use it to line up headshots before coming around corners or up hills.

2. People with rockets use it to place shots at corners too far for their radars to detect enemies.

3. Boltshot, Railgun, and Splaser users abuse it to precharge their weapons perfectly before stepping out with an instant kill.

4. It prevents the strategy of jumping around corners because the opponent is already looking up thanks to their xray vision.

5. It's horribly unbalanced as using it with Efficiency allows it to be on nearly all the time.

6. Users of plasmas can abuse their grenades and stick people just as they cut a turn and they don't even have to try.

7. It allows campers to completely stay out of combat as they always know where every enemy is.
agreed. being able to see through a wall and know where every enemy is, is just OPed. like turning into a rock in reach was OPed. and I still think both invise and jetpack break the game just as bad. creating something that purposely removes a very important variable to the game is just a game breaker and that's what those guys do. especially when the entire team is using them. we just need armor abilities that can help in battle and not ones that completely destroy core gameplay. also some people are good with the railgun/laser to the point they can charge it and pop out for an instant kill I do it all the time on ragnarok in ctf.
Honestly every weapon feels great and has their own important role in the game...

EXCEPT the BR, it is extremely OP! i love the four shot kill but REDUCE the ROF to match more like Halo 3's BR. It dominates nearly everything in nearly all ranges.

I do understand it's supposed to be that well rounded weapon but it's more of "the only weapon you'll ever need" which is bad design and it's just too darn easy!

as for everything else, they're all great

possibly make the Plasma pistol like Halo: Reach's where i can kill effectively just by tapping the trigger
Quote:
EXCEPT the BR, it is extremely OP! i love the four shot kill but REDUCE the ROF to match more like Halo 3's BR. It dominates nearly everything in nearly all ranges.
I agree the RoF really makes it fell OP.
i agree! the 4 shot capability means that just 2/3 of the bullets hitting (in a 4 shot) will remove shields making it too easy for teams to just spam bullets at players and just wait for someone on your team to get the kill shot. the BR system makes it so that people can snipe from across the map with it and, because of the high damage rate AND tight grouping, can effectively kill anyone in their reticle from any distance with 5 shots. so 4 shots in short to mid AND 5 shots from long range make the BR OP'd. no other weapon has both capabilities and can kill with less shots at close range than far away.

my only addition would be to make Light rifle either more powerful (slightly), increase clip size, or increase RoF so that you can use it effectively at mid range.
Since the BR is a 11sk, can the LR become a 11sk also? I believe the LR needs it more than the BR.

Boltshot's single shot should be a 7sk or something like that. 10 shots just to get rid of the shields is seriously stupid. It makes the weapon only a shotgun basically. While it still will always be a shotgun basically (unless you got rid of the charge), making the single shot useful would be nice/make the gun not feel like a total Yoink's gun. Heck, assuming the shotgun-secondary didn't exist (if only), and you made the single shot a 7sk or something like that, it'd be basically like the Halo 2 Magnum, which is nice.

So I was recently looking for the Bulletin that included the Flood pictures for the Screenshot Spotlight, and I saw that was the same Bulletin that talked about what you guys were doing to the weapons in the Weapon Tuning.

Now, I found out that the Suppressor's bullet travel speed was decreased. While I've always believed the Suppressor's Bloom needs something done to it, I've begun thinking that maybe the Suppressor's bullet travel speed needs to be put back to what it originally was. Unless it made the gun way better than I think it would, then I don't see why not.

I remember talking about the Beam Rifle's no-scope bullet magnetism and how it should be lowered. After really thinking about it, it should really just stay the way it is. Because that allows it to be unique from the other sniper rifles, which is nice.

Already talked enough about my opinion on the BR's RoF, so I won't talk about it again.
Now I could complain about every single weapon in the existence of Halo 4, but I'm not going to. The real threat to weapon balance is the one gun to rule them all Battle Rifle.

As many MANY, hell I'd say tens of thousands of avid Halo players will acknowledge is that the Battle Rifle needs some kind of nerf.

I don't care if you need to up the shots to kill or lower the rate of fire or decrease the damage or decrease the accuracy or decrease the bullet magnetism, bottom line is, you must do something.

The only people you are pleasing is the people who those who associate themselves in an MLG way.

Do something 343, if you are unable to for some reason, then I heed you to balance your next Halo game.
Battle Rifle realy needs a nerf. Almost everybody uses it now, especially in team slayer. So theres now point to use other weapons. You get destroyed when using weapons like carbine,ar,,,. Also vehicle combat is pretty annoying when everybody has plasma pistols in their loadouts.Warthogs are completly useless, only good for double kills;D.
Please 343i, if you don't take plasma pistols and plasma grenades out of loadouts in halo 4, please, please, please don't allow them to be in halo 5's loadouts.
I think the main issues with how rifles function in H4 is that they no longer unzoom when fired upon like they always have before. you just flick about and can't land a shot if they just wiggle all over the place. with this kind of setup you need the guns to fire more slowly so that people can control the weapon and not just have to get luck while spamming the trigger. BR needs a RoF nerf and the LR needs a larger clip, max ammo, and slightly increased unzoomed RoF. the DMR is fine now that the other rifle have been buffed. another thing is that the suppressor is terrible unless used at point blank range and you almost always have to finish with a melee. it can't compare to the kill time on any other weapon, it doesn't even come close. well it might be able to kill faster then a single fire shot boltshot or plasma pistol, but it's an auto. why does it suck so bad? if it had more accuracy then it might work with it's current damage and RoF.
All the weapons are great and unique and perfect for their intended use. I love loadouts.

Then suppressor does seems to be terribly weak. I agree with a few posts that it should be more accurate.
Quote:
Battle Rifle realy needs a nerf.
Br being nerfed, lol no.
binary rifle with only one shot per mag, its frustrating to see an enemy miss the first shot and hit you with the second shot, too over powered
I think boltshot should have 5 shot per mag so one can only charge it once before reloading, the damage for single shot should be doubled, 5 shot to remove the shield, reload, and one final headshot to kill.
[quote]Please leave your feedback on the weapons in Halo 4's sandbox here, using the following categories to organize your feedback:

Primary Weapons
Battle Rifle: Great
DMR: Great
Covenant Carbine: Mediocre
Light Rifle: Mediocre
Assault Rifle: Great
Suppressor: Great
Storm Rifle: Great

Secondary Weapons
Magnum: Great
Plasma Pistol: Mediocre
Boltshot: Great

Sniper Rifles
UNSC Sniper Rifle: FOV problems
Beam Rifle: Great
Binary Rifle: Great

Shotgun/Melee
Scattershot: Great
Shotgun: Great
Energy Sword: Not used in a while
Gravity Hammer: Not used in a while

Other
Railgun: Great
Rocket Launcher: Great
Incineration Cannon: Great
Spartan Laser: Great
Sticky Detonator: Great
Concussion Rifle: Not used in a while
Fuel Rod Cannon: Somewhat O.P for ammo wise and damage.
Needler: Great
SAW: Great
Plasma Grenades: Damage-wise on vehicles is a bit much...
On the real though if they didn't have loadouts that would scratch off 1,000+ problems right off the start.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 74
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. ...
  8. 78