Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

What do you do when you’re getting stomped?

OP BalokDecoy

Ok so here is a totally hypothetical question that never happens at all, ever. What do you do when you’re put into a ranked match with people who are far above your level and your KD is dropping and you can’t hardly get any kills?

I know it’s not cool to drop out of the match. But what are you supposed to do as a lower level player who is thrown into a game with Diamond and Onyx opponents? I’m sick of not being able to win any engagements because I’m poorly matched and outclassed. I don’t want to contribute to my team losing but I also don’t want to drop out.

I know like get güd or whatever but in the moment, during a bad match, what’s the best course of action?
Hide in an obscure spot and only try to get kills when the opportunity presents itself.
You could either do what was said above and hide and try to pick people off, but you can also learn from it. As awful as that may seem, when you're dying, pay attention to where these people are sitting and what weapons they're using. Depending on what map you're playing on, map control is crucial towards a win, so it's good to know how to counter getting spawn trapped.
Good old noob combo has gotten me out of some uneven fights. Usually end up dying, but I manage to take one or two of the enemy out.
Yeah I usually hide and let my team die selfishly but as soon as someone quits I’m out of there too.
Like what was said before find a spot no one would look and get the first 1-2-3 even 4 shots. When the enemy starts to gain a big lead 9 times out of 10, even teams that are rolling together, they will lose all formation and start pushing solo because they are confident. Punish them for pushing alone or leaving their teammate alone. I usually start to play slower-paced and I stay confident. If you're challenging every fight still and winning(or almost winning) they will start to hesitate.
You either win or you learn. In those situations, I would play much more passively and try to help my team mates as team shotting is the way to go. As much as I want to hold forward 24/7 and non stop rush, sometimes you have to slow the game down and try to out smart a “better” team.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Hide in an obscure spot and only try to get kills when the opportunity presents itself.
This exactly. I feel I am helping my team by not dying in these situations.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Either this^ or quit out
So in other words, every match on MCC matchmaking?
Take it on the chin I suppose. It happens to everyone.
I would use it as an opportunity to learn from their tactics and preferred weapons. I would then utilize those tactics in a later match. That way, instead of a curse, being put with better players is a blessing.
Stay calm, exercise and play more ;)
Its like everything in life that involves competition. Always room for improving in multiple ways that often are as simple as asking a question like this post you did. Regardless its life, when it comes to not being able to change outcomes we desire since the simple fact is that we all peak performance wise compared to others and new generations starting with the most available knowledge ever based on whatever it is. Regardless its good in life to always keep chasing success. Plateau disease is something everything has in life. I think lol just made that up. But we still can master whatever it is in our own mental way and be happy knowing why everyone can be stomped at life with others. But it is annoying to have a robot looking thing twerk on your head and dm how your trash lol. I love the drive they give me to keep trying to in my 30s to live a dream that didnt exist when I was a kid. Could of been a mario kart and bond N64 god 😢
WORK WITH UR TEAM IVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN MOSTLY BECAUSE THE TEAM IS ALL PLAYING SOLO AND WORRYING ABOUT THERE OWN STATS. WHEN KIDS QUIT THINKING THAT WAY AND START TO PLAY FOR THE TEAM IVE SEEN THESE GAMES TURN AROUND U MIGHT NOT WIN BYT THR FINAL SCORE WONT BE 50-13 IT WILL BE SOMETHING LIKE 50-30 WHICH IMO IS FAR BETTER