1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
DcIhNaGv3z wrote:
Beelzebudy wrote:
The ranking system is stupidly broken, I had a 10 game losing streak, where I ranked 3rd in the fire squad but I'm still diamond?
Unfortunately 343 has made it so that once you obtain a bracket, you do not fall out of it. Except for perhaps onyx and champion, which are not permanent. I have seen other players in your situation, where they seem to be stuck in a bracket a notch above where they probably belong. One guy I saw had a 20% win ratio, .5 k/d, and was stuck in platinum. He probably belonged in silver.

Hopefully 343 will look at the bracket system and consider giving the players an option to derank after so many losses. So, if people worked hard for their bracket and want to stay within it despite struggling, great, let them keep the rank, but for others who are perpetually losing, they should have an option to derank.
this is a really good idea but sadly still faulted simply by smurfs... a second system would be needed to stop smurfs for de-ranking them self's but how would 343 tell the difference they probability cant so maybe a patter...? for example if you lose like 10/20 games strait the you get band for smurfing? wont work the smurfs can easy win a game or two and continue the deranking the smurfs only need to figure out the pattern to not be banned... idk know what they could do to fix the rank system but it wouldn't be easy to fix its not something as simple as letting people drank out of their bracket to move to the bracket most suited for them... i think the rank system is okay but i do get annoyed when i get obviously wrong ranks like being put in platinum when im a diamond to onyx skilled player when i get put in suck a low bracket for me i normally just stop playing that playlist until the reset cus i don't wanna waste time grinding up i mostly have play warzone but have started playing more arena and if i want to play arena i want to play good competitive games with people around my lvl i don't want one sided games its gets boring after a while .. its fun to win but i still don't like it ... it feels empty i guess
Kots1337 wrote:
Ranking system is broken so don't worry about it. I won all ten of my placement games for breakout and had an overall KD of 2.6. I got placed in Gold lol
It also depends on who you won against. If all your matches were won against gold silver or bronze then highest you can get is possibly plat. I won 7/10 games and had a KD of 8.4 before and only got plat because I only matched against plat and golds generally but lost to diamonds. I have also won only 3/10 matches with KD of 0.8 but got to diamond because I matched against high onyx and won some onyx and champs so it works something like that
Halo 2 rankings are the only one that were truly admired. Halo 3 gave away 50s like candy, and these new ones are terrible. When people create 30+ accounts across a couple Xboxes, warmup first, and have every weapon and power up timed you know the rankings are serious. No one cares anymore.
I would say diamond is above average but how can playing against so many unranked players all the time actually represent skill properly. The system is so broken, I still try, but can't help but feel like it's pointless.
Everyone knows the ranking is bad, but i'm wondering why people care about them so much,
HotClown wrote:
HotClown wrote:
Yeah I just played slayer, won 9 out of 10 games with a KD above 1.5 every game. And I'm platinum level 2.
I'm constantly having to carry team members who are going well below -3 KD
Couldn't have put it better myself
Onyx is average. High Onyx (2000 +) would be considered above average. Champ is nerd status.
KoRRRuPT wrote:
I'd say none. I can do terrible and place 6 wins and 4 losses and still get Diamond rank on two playlists. TWO! (Mind you those are the only playlists I've played and ranked) Ranking is beyond broken.
I am guessing that is because those wins were against players with fairly high ratings? It's hard to tell exactly what gets you into your division. Once you are in said division, the ranking system works fairly well though.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/service-records/arena/players/reedefied

This is my buddies service record. 2-11 in slayer with a neg KD, yet placed Onyx. Yeah, I'd say it's broken.

people tell me that it's based off what you ranked the previous season, which if true, is really stupid. I think seasons should be 3-4 months. I also think you should be able to go down in division.

Or, make everyone start in bronze and do away with placement matches.

My phone is making this really annoying, so apologies for any errors.
Ok for me. The only playlist ranking I complain about is BREAKOUT
9W 2L and a good K/D placed me in silver 6.
also my opponents were either unranked or bronze and silvers, so does that mean that there are little people who are gold and abv playing breakout or is the system just that bad
I find this as a insult to my own breakout skills >.<
I think it'd because you only played against low ranking people you couldn't get a high rank. I mean if you beat all plat's you would probably be ranked diamond. But all they could base you on is the fact that youre above bronze. Haha.
I would say platinum would be above average. Someone on here said onyx are the skilled players. I would disagree as to not all onyx players are skilled. I've watched people stream and they absolutely suck but they're ranked onyx.
I played 10 games going 20 and 10 about that in slayer and won 9 out off 10. I was mainly put against diminishing when I checked the stats at the end of the game. What do I get! Silver!
From what i have seen-

Bronze - lowest 5%
Silver - 5 to 25%
Gold 25 to 60%
Platinum 60 to 85%
Diamond 85 - 95%
Onyx 95% +
Champion - best 200 worldwide

Gold 5 is the rough median (or average rank).

Bear in mind the champ rank isnt always the best 200 in practice- due to so playtime being so important, especially since the march update making astronomical csrs possible (when 3000 should be almost impossible to pass) and players grinding up all day long compared to other more skilled players playing less.

This is based off of rough averages from rank distributions. So rank yourself accordingly - though be aware on ffa for instance there are more onyxes (90% + due to so many second accounts skewing things) and swat being far more rare due to bronze/champ teams destroying the rank system making tanking up really hard.

The median rank seems to be about Gold 5.
I dont know whats average anymore.

During my FFA placement matches I got beat by Golds and also placed higher than Onyxs.

Got Plat 2 for placement...

Ive grinded up to Diamond 6, now here it seems impossible to me to jump to Onyx because I get beat by Plats or Golds (new accounts that you can notice with less than 1000 or 2000 kills on their history, smurfs maybe?) that destroy everyone.

Now, a Diamond losing to a Gold gets more punishment because of the ranking.

On slayer Im gold 6, but I always get teamed with quitters, AFK people or just -Yoinks!- with 20% accuracy.

On Slayer I just dont mind rank anymore... but I was trying yo grind on FFA because it was only me (or you) against everybody.

I dont think I am a great player, but once in a while you want to know how you place all around.

Those are my 2 cents
I dont know whats average anymore.

During my FFA placement matches I got best by Golds and also placed higher than Onyxs.

Got Plat 2 for placement...

Ive grinded up to Diamond 6, now here it seems impossible to me to jump to Onyx because I get beat by Plats or Golds (new accounts that you can notice with less than 1000 or 2000 kills on their history, smurfs maybe?) That destroy everyone.

Now a Diamond losing to a Gold gets more punishiment because of the ranking.

On slayer Im gold 6, but I always get teamed with quitters, AFK people or just -Yoinks!- with 20% accuracy.

On Slayer I just dont mind rank anymore... but I was trying yo grind on FFA because it was only me (or you) against everybody.

I dont think I am a great playe, but once in a while you want to know how you place all around.

Those are my 2 cents
Those derankers really ruin the system. People like Rippinheads play smurf accounts to get high sprees to feed overinflated egos. Online Dater plays with champs on bronze smurfs so he can go up 20 csr a match (your team average csr is used) unlike the 1 csr he should be going up at his overinflated csr. A 10000 csr is really stupid-look at chess, the world record is 2880ish and in football (soccer) its around that. That tells you the system is pathetic.

Point is that the system is manipulated by the multiple accounter-rippinheads has so many i'm surprised he remembers which one is which, to look good (but beating bronzes when you are a high onyx player is truly unimpressive to say the least and is truly pathetic). Then the rank abuser confuses things too- bronzes who are really champs ruin games and destroys the true ranks people have. Then the placement system is awful too- never places you correctly ever (only once did i get to place onyx and ive got to champ in ffa and onyx every season i ranked in). Then you have to account for eu and non american players being underranked too because they are dumped on 300 ms laggy games.

343 could have stopped this easily-Online Dater has confessed on here about hus actions-nothing. Rippin on youtube- nothing. Vetoed having 2 ffa champ accounts? Nothing. 343 dont care at all- only for the pros, or so it seems.
Seems it works fine to me
As it stands currently, the number of players in each division (not tier) are as follows:
Bronze: 7983
Silver: 36617
Gold: 89949
Plat: 83016
Diamond: 42657
Onyx: 30971
Champ: 1180
There for if you look at the numbers, Gold has the most, meaning, Gold is about average because most of the community's players are in gold. If you are below gold, you are below average (especially if you are in bronze you are very low on the ladder lol), if you are plat, you are slightly above average, but anything diamond or higher is the better than average player, with Onyx, and more specifically Champ, being "skilled" players.
The Percentage of players in each division are as follows:
Bronze: .02%
Silver: 12.49%
Gold: 30.70%
Plat: 28.33%
Diamond: 14.56%
Onyx: 10.57%
Champ: .004%
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Now, this math is a little off, I took the number of players in every division overall (So the number of players in a division for EACH individual playlist) and added them together to get these numbers. This means that if you are Gold in 5 playlists, but Plat in 1. then 5 of your ranks went to gold, and one went to Plat, so the numbers are definitely not perfect whatsoever, but for players like me, who are ONE rank in every playlist, or atleast close to the same rank in every playlist, it wont change much, the numbers are all increased quite a bit because if every player is ranked in every playlist then they are adding up to 6 different Ranks to these numbers.
I would say diamond is above average but how can playing against so many unranked players all the time actually represent skill properly. The system is so broken, I still try, but can't help but feel like it's pointless.
If you are playing against unranked players in Diamond than that means that they probably have an Match making rating (MMR) of about Diamond so they arent going to throw an unranked player into a game full of bronze players if his MMR is Diamond, that would be unfair, also you cant put 10 unranked people into a game together because then everyones MMR is going to be all over the place and one team will have a Silver MMR player and the other team might have a high diamond MMR player.
It also depends on the playlist. A high rank in Swat, just means you are sorta decent at Swat. But that wouldn't translate to Team Arena. Or even Slayer. Also you may place Onyx in Slayer, but same skill level translated to Team Arena would be like a mid Diamond level player. It's all relative. But in my opinion anywhere in the Platinum range is around average. Some high gold as well i suppose.
Wulfe Dark wrote:
It also depends on the playlist. A high rank in Swat, just means you are sorta decent at Swat. But that wouldn't translate to Team Arena. Or even Slayer. Also you may place Onyx in Slayer, but same skill level translated to Team Arena would be like a mid Diamond level player. It's all relative. But in my opinion anywhere in the Platinum range is around average. Some high gold as well i suppose.
That's not necessarily true. Each playlist has their own rank for a reason. Someone who may excel at SWAT, may be absolute trash in a playlist featuring shields; while another player who excels in Slayer and that playstyle, may have no clue on how to run Objective-type gamemodes in Team Arena. It's all dependent on not just a person's skill, but their actual preference as to what they enjoy playing. I, myself, strongly prefer Objective-oriented gamemodes and always have all the way back since Halo 2. I feel the best players play Objective because it requires not only securing a secondary objective, but slaying at the same time. It's the most advanced of scenarios so if you run into high-ranking Objective players, they will probably smash you in Slayer as well since they know the routine on slaying on TOP of doing an objective.

My two cents.
Wulfe Dark wrote:
That's not necessarily true. Each playlist has their own rank for a reason. Someone who may excel at SWAT, may be absolute trash in a playlist featuring shields; while another player who excels in Slayer and that playstyle, may have no clue on how to run Objective-type gamemodes in Team Arena. It's all dependent on not just a person's skill, but their actual preference as to what they enjoy playing. I, myself, strongly prefer Objective-oriented gamemodes and always have all the way back since Halo 2. I feel the best players play Objective because it requires not only securing a secondary objective, but slaying at the same time. It's the most advanced of scenarios so if you run into high-ranking Objective players, they will probably smash you in Slayer as well since they know the routine on slaying on TOP of doing an objective.

My two cents.
I'm not sure that we actually disagree here. Cuz you are certainly not wrong. My answer is based on how the OP asked what's an average rank. And based on the different playlists theres obviously the same ranking system through-out, but different playlists are easier to rank higher or lower, so an 'average' rank is relative to that playlist. An average player in the Slayer playlist you might say is a Platinum level player. but in Team Arena there is a higher level of competition regardless of a persons personal skill in objectives. So a average player in Team Arena would be a high Gold for instance. (just examples, not studied out proof. Also just opinion based on experience, not absolute truth)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4