[Locked] Why did you ruin SWAT?!

OP Vyper XP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I can deal with the H2 BR, but I freaking hate swatnums and H1 SWAT. Even though I'm usually pretty good at both of those modes, I still hate them and would much rather play modes with only BRs and maybe DMR every now and then (even though the H5 DMR is garbage imo).
Vyper XP wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Vyper XP wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Wait, so OP complains about H1 Swat because it has no auto aim, then complains about H2 Swat because it has too much auto aim? And his problem with both playlists is that they cause him to go negative? I must be missing the point, because I can't determine what OP wants in his Swat games (aside from more maps).
Am I missing some point here? Or does OP just need an auto aim that's more in the middle of the spectrum to play optimally?
Yes, H5 Weapons. Not Halo 1 or Halo 2 weapons, this is Halo 5, not HaloMashup.
Or dumb MCC
Wait, so OP complains about H1 Swat because it has no auto aim, then complains about H2 Swat because it has too much auto aim? And his problem with both playlists is that they cause him to go negative? I must be missing the point, because I can't determine what OP wants in his Swat games (aside from more maps).
Am I missing some point here? Or does OP just need an auto aim that's more in the middle of the spectrum to play optimally?
Yes, H5 Weapons. Not Halo 1 or Halo 2 weapons, this is Halo 5, not HaloMashup.
I for one am thrilled to have more weapons in SWAT. In fact, I hope they make a carbine and light rifle variant.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's been ruined. Many people have asked for H1 magnum SWAT, even more people asked for H2 SWAT, and overgrowth was complained about by some folks as well. So even if your opinions are popular, it doesn't mean they represent the entire community.
Vyper XP wrote:
How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons?
When there are no shields, isn't everything in the game basically a power weapon? Lol
H1 and H2 were great additions i also agree it would be neat to see carbine and light rifle. I did like overgrowth though.
Make SWAT great again.
I for one am thrilled to have more weapons in SWAT. In fact, I hope they make a carbine and light rifle variant.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's been ruined. Many people have asked for H1 magnum SWAT, even more people asked for H2 SWAT, and overgrowth was complained about by some folks as well. So even if your opinions are popular, it doesn't mean they represent the entire community.
Vyper XP wrote:
How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons?
When there are no shields, isn't everything in the game basically a power weapon? Lol
H1 and H2 were great additions i also agree it would be neat to see carbine and light rifle. I did like overgrowth though.
I wouldn't mind seeing light rifle and carbine, but I really wish they'd at least cut down on how frequently swatnums and H1 SWAT are chosen as gametypes. How often they pop up is ridiculous. I counted tonight. Out of 12 games, 7 were swatnums (can we call it SWAgnums? Still sucks as a gametypes, but at least the name would be better) or H1 SWAT. Out of those remaining 5 games, 3 were DMR SWAT. So out of 12 games only 2 were actual BR start SWAT (AKA, what SWAT is supposed to be.) That shouldn't happen. That's like playing 12 games in Team Arena and 10 of them are Slayer.
Besides being fun I play swat to learn and get better with the standard (read available in ranked maps) precision weapons. I appreciate the relationship between the playlist and the weapons you'll actually find in H5 ranked play.

Would LOVE to see carb and light rifle and I actually enjoy when they mix up the others. I could totally see removing the CE pistol in favor of the H5 carb and/or LR. The CEP is in wz, customs, and/or you can forge it in. I like it but it's never been placed in H5 outside of swat tmk.
I agree on the loss of MAPS! Long time swat player here (since H3 - played every swat in every Halo game since), and it was GREAT to see Halo 5 (or was it 4 can't remember) to be the first Halo that actually debuted the game with the Swat playlist being on it right away. Awesome. But I think taking away almost half of the maps with no explanation and on top of that making a huge change of adding in the random guns from random Halo games is completely annoying. First off, above anything, I am ok with the different weapon types if it Must be there... I would rather just go with the Game's version of the BR only with MAYBE Magnum as a secondary weapon. But above all, please give us more maps (remakes of older swat maps, or the ones you took away) You can have Pegasus II back, thanks ;p.
jezzzzka wrote:
I agree on the loss of MAPS! Long time swat player here (since H3 - played every swat in every Halo game since), and it was GREAT to see Halo 5 (or was it 4 can't remember) to be the first Halo that actually debuted the game with the Swat playlist being on it right away. Awesome. But I think taking away almost half of the maps with no explanation and on top of that making a huge change of adding in the random guns from random Halo games is completely annoying. First off, above anything, I am ok with the different weapon types if it Must be there... I would rather just go with the Game's version of the BR only with MAYBE Magnum as a secondary weapon. But above all, please give us more maps (remakes of older swat maps, or the ones you took away) You can have Pegasus II back, thanks ;p.
I agree 1,000,000%
i wish he had a playlists team swat with only BR halo 5..

and another playlist team swat with all other different weapon like halo1, halo 2, dmr, , carabine and all those thing..

but i don't think it will happen, they prefer to get the less playlist possible lol. we saw that when they remove team sniper.
i wish he had a playlists team swat with only BR halo 5..

and another playlist team swat with all other different weapon like halo1, halo 2, dmr, , carabine and all those thing..

but i don't think it will happen, they prefer to get the less playlist possible lol. we saw that when they remove team sniper.
I could definitely go for this. Like maybe a ranked playlist with just H5 BR and a social playlist with the random weapons. But like you said, I don't see this happening.
I am mostly just upset that all the maps have been taken out and I play the same ones over and over again. I miss the variety and my friends do too. I miss Tyrant, Torque, Molten and Overgrowth.

Vyper XP wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing, every weapon is blowing your head off easy so who cares lol.
swat isn't ruined and h2 he's are the most fun to use.
its not even op power weapons when everyone spawns with the same weapon,
The guns don't shoot the same, and you literally have to adapt to each gun every game. You have to adapt and they shoot extremely differently. I can still get lots of kills with each gun, but because they each truly shoot so differently, it's annoying having to adapt to it... I'm like, oh yes, try hard game (When I know who I'm playing), then I see what guns we have (H1 Magnums)... Oh great, lol.... " I'm sorry, when I shoot with that H1 gun, it's like I am back in the stone age all of a sudden. They should just make H1 swat in Action sack or something.
I like the maps and gametypes that swat has now I don't know what the problem is the playlist is really entertaining as it is
I want a boost in the number of maps, & most of all I want a Tacmag Swat. That would be SWEET!

^.^
I agree that the new swat is a lot better than the old. Before all ull get is swatnums and br and gets pretty boring real fast now with variety H1 H2 swatnums br and dmr. I do agree that they should add a carbine and light rifle variants that would be sweet.
I agree that the new swat is a lot better than the old. Before all ull get is swatnums and br and gets pretty boring real fast now with variety H1 H2 swatnums br and dmr. I do agree that they should add a carbine and light rifle variants that would be sweet.
I actually wouldn't mind carbine and light rifle, I thought these were fun additions when they were included in SWAT back in H4. But honestly it still feels like all I get is pistol start and now with the addition of H1 SWAT, the chances are double. This is a playlist I think could definitely benefit from a veto or voting system to avoid playing the same gametype 7 out of 10 times.
I want a boost in the number of maps, & most of all I want a Tacmag Swat. That would be SWEET!^.^
Please, dear God not another magnum gametype. Unless it replaces one of the current ones anyway. I already play pistol starts 7/10 games, definitely don't want yet another pistol option thrown into the mix.
I want a boost in the number of maps, & most of all I want a Tacmag Swat. That would be SWEET!^.^
Please, dear God not another magnum gametype. Unless it replaces one of the current ones anyway. I already play pistol starts 7/10 games, definitely don't want yet another pistol option thrown into the mix.
To be fair, I can't stand BR's. So, to each their own then? Hey I'd be happy if SWAT had a playlist for each weapon type, but as it is I don't know if there's still enough people playing H5 for that.
To be fair, I can't stand BR's. So, to each their own then? Hey I'd be happy if SWAT had a playlist for each weapon type, but as it is I don't know if there's still enough people playing H5 for that.
Absolutely, that's why I wouldn't expect them to remove pistol start gametypes completely since there are plenty of people who enjoy them. I just wish it was more balanced on how often different gametypes are selected. I wouldn't mind playing SWATnums or H1 SWAT here and there, but I've literally had nights where 7/10 games are pistol starts. Maybe adding Carnine and/or Light Rifle SWAT like someone else mentioned might help. And I definitely wish they'd add back the maps they removed, playing the same 4 or 5 maps gets really old.
Vyper XP wrote:
Half the maps were taken out, you added super OP power weapons, and practically removed my favorite gun, H5 BR. Why would you mess with something that was fine? Overgrowth was my favorite map, fathom was awesome with top and bottom mid, and tyrant had close quarters combat. Now Halo CE Pistols were added for H1 SWAT. The auto aim is not even there so luck is out of the question. With H2 SWAT and Halo 2 BR's, the auto aim is so OP I I can't even get a shot off. I'm Diamond in SWAT and there are some good shooters in SWAT at that level, but before I was at least trading or going positive. Each time I get H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT I go negative..... How am I supposed to enjoy ranked gameplay when you throw power weapons in for starting weapons? 343i, you had your shot, it was a good idea in theory but let's stick to the basics. Halo 5 BR, Halo 5 Pistol, and Halo 5 DMR. Bring back maps for SWAT. And I don't want to hear anyone say "Get Gud". It's not that I'm bad, it's that they changed what worked. I'm not the only one that feels this way. There's always a few in the lobby that complain when H1 SWAT or H2 SWAT pop up. Go back to how SWAT was 343i, Please.
I agree with a lot of your points I think if they let the players pick like in the older games this issue could be resolved I wouldn't hate h1 and h2 so much if I didn't play them like 4 games in a row
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4