Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

Why is mm so bad at making fair matches?

OP sh0rtshift

Other team:
Onyx 1630
Champion 199
Plat 3
New account booster

My team:
Plat 3
Diamond 1
Plat 6
Plat 3

How is that even close to fair? My whole team quit halfway through because of this nonsense. New accounts need to skew towards the upper half of the parties rank and not the bottom. Wtf am I doing ranked against a champion as a platinum??
I just made a similar post. Im diamond and got ranked against 3 champions. I had diamonds on my team
Matchmaking has always and will always prefer speed to accuracy when putting together a game. If this has never happened to you in twelve years of Halo matchmaking then you are either new to Halo or the fabled unicorn.
So you had an "unfair" match? Sorry but big wows, -Yoink- happens. Did you never face 50's in H3?

people only pay attention to the freak occurrences. I suppose there would be no point in making threads saying "wow I had ten evenly matched games in a row" or " we had a match against higher ranking opponents and won" so I understand why these threads are made but I honestly don't notice too many glaring mismatches and I play a fair amount of games.

I suppose another reason for these threads are people justifying quitting and blaming it on 343.
Champions are forced to play with boosters to find games which is why this crap happens. Boosting is just as bad in this game as it was in H3. Which is pretty ironic since they implemented this ranking system to prevent boosting... Lol.
Since the march update matchmaking has been terrible. I was onyx and got placed into diamond this season in team slayer. Since then I've been matched up with silvers, golds, diamonds, onyx's and champions. I pretty much lost every game I played last night and my stats were significantly lowered. Usually play against a stacked team with teammates who are of lesser skill and lack teamwork. Whats the point of a CSR system if match making is creating matches with players across 3-4 skill ranges?
WHlax91 wrote:
Since the march update matchmaking has been terrible. I was onyx and got placed into diamond this season in team slayer. Since then I've been matched up with silvers, golds, diamonds, onyx's and champions. I pretty much lost every game I played last night and my stats were significantly lowered. Usually play against a stacked team with teammates who are of lesser skill and lack teamwork. Whats the point of a CSR system if match making is creating matches with players across 3-4 skill ranges?
No idea but if you lose csr because of it that it is so unfair it is metaphorically criminal. But yet it still does. This is why csr for team games at the mo is so inaccurate
Me and my friend just went for a game of swat. My friend is only diamond 1 and I was not placed (platinum last season) and and we just played a champ 1,9 and 18 + an onyx! Why do you have to do this too me :,(
WHlax91 wrote:
No idea but if you lose csr because of it that it is so unfair it is metaphorically criminal. But yet it still does. This is why csr for team games at the mo is so inaccurate
Yea it's very inaccurate. Unfortunately the days of running through team playlists alone are gone. Gonna have to squad up and communicate if you want to be successful. Still, there's no reason why anyone should be matched up with players that are not within in 1 CSR class of your own, it's unacceptable. I just wish some more members in my company were more active.
lately in any ranked arena playlist I can't find an game and when I do I always find onyx and diamonds ranks and this is always when i'm unranked is so bad because I don't even try to rank up in playlist anymore unless I have an team because I always run into a full team of try hards when im looking for a game on my own