Halo Spartan Assault. Gaso challenge.

OP CIA391

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I was looking at the Stats for Spartan Assault. And I noticed something cool.
If you get a gold Star, with Thunderstorm and Black eye skulls on. You get a special star. So I decided to aim to get every Star like that in this game.
But why not challenge the community to do the same also. Seems a fun little challenge.

Only way to know you have a Gaso star is in the Stats here on waypoint. So hover over the Career button. Click Halo: Spartan Assult Stats. And see what you have.
Here's a link to the GASO star so you know what it looks like Gaso star
Only problem so far you may encounter is if you disconnect from your internet during the game. You may not get your Gaso star.

Reason this is called Gaso is thats what the Star is called, it probably means Gold all Skulls on. Ironically only two can be on at one time, but seems fitting other the less, due to what the Skulls do.

So use this thread to record your results. And if anyone finishes this challenge I will make a list of everyone who wishes to be listed. So good luck and enjoy playing everyone.

Plus I would like to thank Shorty 1170 who tried to get this challenge somewhere

pre-coop GASO champions
Shorty 1170
SC Matt 7
Lord Hookocho
Artur S 004 PT
Transtech
Thakillar95
Vanille eice
Vektor0
K Y L E 023
flyingfoam
SPECTER LIVES
aurasoldier313

Post Coop GASO champions
DMR SHOOT2KILL
K Y L E 023
theswales
aurasoldier313
VANILLE EICE
Interesting may give this a try. I am only on e mission 1 as it is!
Finished Operation A. Or Operation Umbra. On Gaso.
Mission 3 was the hardest as I had to kill enemy's really quick. Tips to get gold on A-3 is to Kill enemy's really quick. Or not enough will spawn, to get get high multipliers, and ultimately a high score.
I may try this on a later playthough. I'm curious though, do any other skull combinations work, and do they result in different GASO stars?
Quote:
I may try this on a later playthough. I'm curious though, do any other skull combinations work, and do they result in different GASO stars?
Only Thunderstorm and Black eye. I experimented. If you want to get a simple one try GASO on A-4. That's actually very simple as you only worry about your vehicle. Not shields. You just aim for gold as normal with the skulls on.

Oh and a note for everyone. The game wont tell you if you got the GASO star. You actually have to go on Waypoint to check.
This is cool, I didn't know about the GASO star. :) Those happen to be the 2 skulls I used the most to get gold (other than famine & blind on my first attempt of a mission).
Quote:
This is cool, I didn't know about the GASO star. :) Those happen to be the 2 skulls I used the most to get gold (other than famine & blind on my first attempt of a mission).
Is that the easiest way to get gold? Famine and blind?
Anyone else keep managing to do this with the skulls, but fail the gold star?
Quote:
Anyone else keep managing to do this with the skulls, but fail the gold star?
B-1 is proving to be quite difficult to do. Been at it for awhile.
Edit- Finished it, to get gold on B-1. Boy that was hard. 4 hours that took,
Got my final achievements on both W8 and WP8 Spartan Assault so I'm starting to go for GASO.

I have noticed that although keyboard and mouse completely sucks for controlling this game in general, it is actually a LOT better for when your in the Wraith.

So any missions that let you use a Wraith I'll play on PC and all the rest I'll play on my Surface.

Another note is the stats page on waypoint shows stats for each version of the game, so if I really want to max this game out I'll have to get GASO on both W8 and WP8 versions...... this might take a while.
I just noticed something. You don't need to have gold and skulls on at the same time, if you get gold then go back with the skulls you and finish no matter what rank you get you still can get the gaso star
Quote:
I just noticed something. You don't need to have gold and skulls on at the same time, if you get gold then go back with the skulls you and finish no matter what rank you get you still can get the gaso star
I have gold on A1. I tried it again with the Thunderstorm and Black Eye skulls on. I got silver and didn't get the GASO medal.
After I complete all the missions on gold then Ill go for this.
GASO could mean "gold AND skulls on" rather than "gold ALL skulls on," just speculation on my part since only 2 skulls can be active at once...
GASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/edds/halospartanassault?platform=sa

Just done the last mission which is by far the hardest to get GASO on, those bloody jackals make it really hard to not get hit and build up your combo.
Quote:
GASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just done the last mission which is by far the hardest to get GASO on, those bloody jackals make it really hard to not get hit and build up your combo.
Gratz! I'm close to it too ;)
Thanks, I'm also proud to say I didn't cheat and use any micro transactions at all. Completely legit.

For those playing on Surface or touch enabled W8 device play the normal missions using touch as aiming is much better suited to touch but the missions with vehicles/turrets, use keyboard and mouse as it makes it 10x easier to aim vehicles/turrets with a mouse.
Quote:
GASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Let us know if you ever unlock any additional content in Spartan Assault or Halo 4 because of this.

I'd try this too, but I'm not willing to put forth the effort unless I get some kind of reward. Spartan Assault is fun to me, but not that fun. :)
Quote:
Quote:
GASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Let us know if you ever unlock any additional content in Spartan Assault or Halo 4 because of this.

I'd try this too, but I'm not willing to put forth the effort unless I get some kind of reward. Spartan Assault is fun to me, but not that fun. :)
Just had a quick look around Halo 4 and SA and I can't see anything new so it doesn't look like you unlock anything :(
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GASO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Just had a quick look around Halo 4 and SA and I can't see anything new so it doesn't look like you unlock anything :(
We still expect 1 more classified code soon which may require all gold or otherwise to qualify for.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4