Forums / Games / Halo: Spartan Assault

Please bring back weekly challenges

OP GuitarHeroAero

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ericdk wrote:
I managed to reset my windows 10 save for Halo: Spartan Assault. I am so happy :)
How?
It would help out a ton of us you could share this lovely trick you did.
ericdk wrote:
I managed to reset my windows 10 save for Halo: Spartan Assault. I am so happy :)
How?
Credit to Zenkoto of trueachievements.com he posted a method on how to fix it but I had to tweak it for it to work.

-Delete the local save for the game going in the following directory: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.HaloSpartanAssault_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\2533274810843141 and deleting savedata.bin. (Replace [Username] with the username connected to the PC user account when the save data was created.) (The 2533274810843141 will probably be a different number for you.)

-Go offline and start Halo: Spartan Assault. Once loaded, your progress should be currently reset and you should still own the achievements previously unlocked.

-Complete at least one mission while offline to create a new local save file.

-Now go to main menu and go online while in game.

-Complete another mission to be safe, go check your stats and everything should be reset still.

-From now on whenever you leave the game and come back, your stats should be reset. :)
ericdk wrote:
How?
Credit to Zenkoto of trueachievements.com he posted a method on how to fix it but I had to tweak it for it to work.

-Delete the local save for the game going in the following directory: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.HaloSpartanAssault_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\2533274810843141 and deleting savedata.bin. (Replace [Username] with the username connected to the PC user account when the save data was created.) (The 2533274810843141 will probably be a different number for you.)

-Go offline and start Halo: Spartan Assault. Once loaded, your progress should be currently reset and you should still own the achievements previously unlocked.

-Complete another mission to be safe, go check your stats and everything should be reset still.

-From now on whenever you leave the game and come back, your stats should be reset. :)
Thanks man. I'll give this a shot and get back to this thread (once I manage to make sense of this solution). XD
ericdk wrote:
How?

Thanks man. I'll give this a shot and get back to this thread (once I manage to make sense of this solution). XD
Took me a while to figure it out. If you can't figure it out I can explain more in detail or at least try to lol.
ericdk wrote:
How?

Took me a while to figure it out. If you can't figure it out I can explain more in detail or at least try to lol.
Right, I had to call a friend for help as I got stuck at the first step. I'll try to explain what I did to teach the first step the best I can to those (like myself) that are not experienced with messing around with saved data in PCs.

WARNING: Doing this WILL wipe your cloud save and you will have to start from scratch (possibly on all platforms as my phone has synced to my PC save).

There are two ways to start the search for your saved data:

One - You could type "%appdata%" in the Search Bar at the bottom left of your windows.This will bring you to the "Roaming" section of the "AppData" portion in the first step shown by MasterLerwing. At this point, you will see "(Hard drive name) > Users > (Username) > AppData > Roaming" to the left of the search bar in the file explorer you just brought up. You must now click on the "AppData". This will show you three file folders (in my case) which were: "Local", "LocalLow" and "Roaming". You want to now click on "Local". Followed by "Packages" and so on and so forth as shown in to first step.

Two - Open your file explorer. Click on "This PC". Click on the hard drive which you save your Spartan Assault data on (I only have one hard drive so that makes it easy for me). Click on "Users". Click on the username of the account you want to wipe (which should not be either "Default" or "Public"). Click on "AppData". This will show you three file folders (in my case) which were: "Local", "LocalLow" and "Roaming". You want to now click on "Local". Followed by "Packages" and so on and so forth as shown in to first step.

The rest of the steps provided by MasterLerwing are easy to follow and worked for me.

Thanks again to MasterLerwing for showing us how to delete our saves to get the "A for Effort" and "Extra Credit" achievements. 👍

Edit:
I can now confirm that deleting the cloud save will affect the Xbox One however, the Xbox 360 save seems to remain untouched.
ericdk wrote:
How?

Right, I had to call a friend for help as I got stuck at the first step. I'll try to explain what I did to teach the first step the best I can to those (like myself) that are not experienced with messing around with saved data in PCs.

WARNING: Doing this WILL wipe your cloud save and you will have to start from scratch (possibly on all platforms as my phone has synced to my PC save).

One - You could type "%appdata%" in the Search Bar at the bottom left of your windows.This will bring you to the "Roaming" section of the "AppData" portion in the first step shown by MasterLerwing. At this point, you will see "(Hard drive name) > Users > (Username) > AppData > Roaming" to the left of the search bar in the file explorer you just brought up. You must now click on the "AppData". This will show you three file folders (in my case) which were: "Local", "LocalLow" and "Roaming". You want to now click on "Local". Followed by "Packages" and so on and so forth as shown in to first step.

Two - Open your file explorer. Click on "This PC". Click on the hard drive which you save your Spartan Assault data on (I only have one hard drive so that makes it easy for me). Click on "Users". Click on the username of the account you want to wipe (which should not be either "Default" or "Public"). Click on "AppData". This will show you three file folders (in my case) which were: "Local", "LocalLow" and "Roaming". You want to now click on "Local". Followed by "Packages" and so on and so forth as shown in to first step.

The rest of the steps provided by MasterLerwing are easy to follow and worked for me.

Thanks again to MasterLerwing for showing us how to delete our saves to get the "A for Effort" and "Extra Credit" achievements. 👍

Edit:
I can now confirm that deleting the cloud save will affect the Xbox One however, the Xbox 360 save seems to remain untouched.
Some clarification questions if you dont mind.

• Is this what you did to get the two achievements on windows phone or another platform?

• By wiping clean, what exactly is lost and what needs to be done to obtain the two achievements on the platform from which they are missing?
ericdk wrote:
ericdk wrote:
How?

Edit:

• Is this what you did to get the two achievements on windows phone or another platform?

• By wiping clean, what exactly is lost and what needs to be done to obtain the two achievements on the platform from which they are missing?
1. This is what I did to acquire the achievements on my windows phone. This method can also be used for the PC and Xbox One, as the cloud save is linked to these devices as well.

2. By wiping your save, you have to start from scratch, meaning that you will lose:
- All credits
- Stars earned
- Challenges completed
- Mission progress (aka you have to start from mission A-1 again)
You will keep all previously earned achievements on all platforms though.

You basically have to complete the required challenges again to get the achievements. I recommend that you earn all other achievements first before you delete your save.
ericdk wrote:
ericdk wrote:
How?

Edit:

1. This is what I did to acquire the achievements on my windows phone. This method can also be used for the PC and Xbox One, as the cloud save is linked to these devices as well.

2. By wiping your save, you have to start from scratch, meaning that you will lose:
- All credits
- Stars earned
- Challenges completed
- Mission progress (aka you have to start from mission A-1 again)
You will keep all previously earned achievements on all platforms though.

You basically have to complete the required challenges again to get the achievements. I recommend that you earn all other achievements first before you delete your save.
Thank you so much!!
Just finished doing the challenges after resetting. Did all but the chapter E5 and F5 on computer and then E5 and F5 on Windows Phone for the last two achievements. It works.
Can I get some more assistance with this stuff? I deleted the saves like you guys said and got my laptop to wipe its memory but my Windows phone does not wipe its data. How can I make my phone reset?
PCR wrote:
Can I get some more assistance with this stuff? I deleted the saves like you guys said and got my laptop to wipe its memory but my Windows phone does not wipe its data. How can I make my phone reset?
I actually figured it out myself. If anyone else out there is confused here is what I did.

1. Do the save delete as explained above to remove the local saves from windows PC
  2. Delete SA from windows phone
  3. Delete cloud data for SA on xbox one
  4. Uninstall SA on xbox one
  5. Reinstall SA on windows phone
After doing this and reloading my phone version I had only the star on the first level I completed when I was deleting the save from my PC. Basically what happened is since the xbox one version is deleted, the cross-sync is now pulling data from the PC to phone.

Now I have to grind all the challenges again on my PC :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2