Forums / Games / Halo: Spartan Assault

Spartan Assault (and Strike) Unavailable on iOS 11

OP Gravemint

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Seemingly due to iOS 11’s change in software architecture, the Spartan games are nowhere to be found. I know the games are basically dead but I thought I’d let anyone who happens to pass by know just in case. Who knows if this will ever be updated!
This is intentional right now OP - the games were removed from the store to fix some issues with crashing on the latest OS. They will be returned to the store once the issues have been resolved
stckrboy wrote:
This is intentional right now OP - the games were removed from the store to fix some issues with crashing on the latest OS. They will be returned to the store once the issues have been resolved
Oh! Sorry, must've missed that news. I thought it had to due with iOS only supporting 64 bit now. I've seen a few apps that need to be updated to work with that change.
Is known when the games will be back in the store?
KO771 wrote:
I'm not exactly sure who manages the games, but hopefully it's not Vanguard Games (the developers), because their website says they've restructured into a new company and are doing exclusively VR games. Maybe that also helps to explain why Xbox One never got Spartan Strike? I'm not sure, as I haven't really followed these games and their development too closely.
KO771 wrote:
No eta right now but I imagine there will be an announcements in the weekly community update whenever they are set to return
Hello Spartans!

Any updates about both games returning on iOS 11?
Best
Kev
Got an iPhone X for Xmas and would love to play both halo games on iOS. I hope they will be fixed soon and adjusted to new iOS screen sizes.
justiceKev wrote:
Hello Spartans!

Any updates about both games returning on iOS 11?
Likely won't be any updates until early next year. I don't expect to see anything in the Community Updates before February
Got an iPhone X for Xmas and would love to play both halo games on iOS. I hope they will be fixed soon and adjusted to new iOS screen sizes.
Everyone here is highly anticipated for the comeback of Halo games to iOS however if you been reading the news lately you can come to know Microsoft is not planning for it anytime soon. Sad but that's the truth Spartans. They are just letting it die.
Until now, the game has not available on the App Store yet.
its a shame, I bought both but since the progress doesn't cross over from platforms and there unobtainable achievements I didn't actually play them.
its the same for me too the game keeps crashing on my iPhone 7 I'm using ios 11.2.5 which is the latest update and the game still crashes is hasn't been fixed yet.
Fellows! I've been able to launch Strike on latest ios update with several relaunch (you must insist a few times and skip all intro videos). However this is definitely not the best way to play the game. 343 must fix these two games (especially when we're talking about premium games). Note, I was unable to launch assault...
If you guys have any news from game team please share! :) I would suggest a compensation (if they do not want to fix both games for any reasons) by giving people who actually bought these games, a certain amount to spend on xbox store or even by offering them a nice loot box in halo 5!!!!!
justiceKev wrote:
Fellows! I've been able to launch Strike on latest ios update with several relaunch (you must insist a few times and skip all intro videos). However this is definitely not the best way to play the game. 343 must fix these two games (especially when we're talking about premium games). Note, I was unable to launch assault...
If you guys have any news from game team please share! :) I would suggest a compensation (if they do not want to fix both games for any reasons) by giving people who actually bought these games, a certain amount to spend on xbox store or even by offering them a nice loot box in halo 5!!!!!
Yeah, I see them drop everything and rush to fix some underappreciated sidestep mobile releases from 2013AD. On the other hand, I do not believe in "fixing" the problems with producing sequels, leaving the rest as it is. In the end, they are better off just abandoning the entire branch.
It’s BS that we can’t get the games on iOS anymore, kinda ticks me off, they should get it fixed right away( whenever that is)
It’s BS that we can’t get the games on iOS anymore, kinda ticks me off, they should get it fixed right away( whenever that is)
True, but that is what is appears to be, simply a mess.
Unfortunately I bought both games as soon as the iPhone 7 came out so I can utilize the new phones power with the games nice graphics and found out the hard way that it was a waste of money. I used to be able to brute force spartan strike like mentioned earlier but it had stopped working and I never got to play spartan assault. The fact that they let me purchase a broken game really bothered me and when trying to ask for a refund I was told to contact the developer to inform them the game needs fixing
Unfortunately I bought both games as soon as the iPhone 7 came out so I can utilize the new phones power with the games nice graphics and found out the hard way that it was a waste of money. I used to be able to brute force spartan strike like mentioned earlier but it had stopped working and I never got to play spartan assault. The fact that they let me purchase a broken game really bothered me and when trying to ask for a refund I was told to contact the developer to inform them the game needs fixing
That Sucks Man! If the developers contact you back about the game being broken let us know what they say. Good luck getting your money back!
That Sucks Man! If the developers contact you back about the game being broken let us know what they say. Good luck getting your money back!
Well, yeah, good luck with that! But the money refund depends on the distributor, so that is a separate case. There are time limits applying to it. I guess though SpartanAssault on day of release cost about 15$? Day of release prices are typically inflated. Now it is roughly 4$. But I believe the honest value of this game is actually slightly higher than what price the Microsoft asks the moment present, nonetheless I would go as far as making the title available for free entirely. Great franchise commercial. Everyone playing it, at least for a while. Sure people would review it differently, some would like, some not, but a lot would get into it. Pity there are no serious other Halo offers on PC or other non-XBOX platforms that such a campaign would encourage to purchase. Well, there is HaloWars, but it is a strategy, while we talk about shooters.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3