Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 「Ranks」

OP Maxwell

As everyone should know, ranks have came out but my question to 343i and anyone who knows is does the rank appear by our spartan nameplate like Halo 3? I really hope so as that Onyx rank looks so appealing, so I'm definitely trying to get that.

I liked the way Halo reach had it (Yeah I know I shuttered as I typed that word out), since competitive play seems to have come back from what I've been reading I would love the ranks to show so I may instill fear in my foes as they see my high rank! I want players in the lobby to scroll to my nameplate and say "Oh man this is gonna be a tough one".

Next thing is I was wondering if ranks would also work where the highest rank achieved would display on your character at all times just like Halo 3 had it. So if I achieve Onyx and someone looks at my service record they would see my Onyx medal.
The highest rank I achieved on Halo 3 was a four star General and I loved seeing that in my service record as a medal of my hard work that I put forth to achieve said rank.
Sovereignty
What does everyone else think about this, also what do you think 343i?
-Discuss
Yes, your rank is on your nameplate like in H3. I don't know yet if we will see our highest accomplished rank in our service record and like you I would definately want that.
I swear I was wondering the same exact thing a few days ago. I always look at others stats. If I see a K/D of 2.5 I know it's gonna be a tough one lol.

But, with ranks resetting monthly I was hoping it would show your highest achieved. For me too see as well as others.
I really like the new rank emblems. And I hope they will be visible in as much places in the game as possible.
Yes, it'll be on your nameplate. Show it off!!!!! I also hope like in H3 when you click on a profile, it'll show their highest overall rank.
I swear I was wondering the same exact thing a few days ago. I always look at others stats. If I see a K/D of 2.5 I know it's gonna be a tough one lol.

But, with ranks resetting monthly I was hoping it would show your highest achieved. For me too see as well as others.
The ranks are resetting monthly!! Not sure how i missed this news... :-O
One thing I don't like is the inability to DERANK to a lower tier. What happens if you play with your friends, which I do all the time. I am easily one of my better players in my group of friends but why punish my friends at the same time?

What happens if we play together the first 10 games and win every game? He gets placed into Plat or Diam, but he's clearly a low gold. The way they described the ranking system if he's PLAT 3, he cannot go any lower than PLAT 1 the entire first month. I think that is a horrible idea because he'll be forced to play with me as I won't get made it we lose but he'll be an anchor for everyone else that earned PLAT 1-3
I just wanna get my rank and show it off, this would quickly instill fear into my opponents and also attract a lot of attention on the battlefield.
Ranks will only reset monthly on specific playlists, re-read the article explaining the ranks if you don't believe me.
Google it and you'll see the ranks for arena
My understanding is that rank is hidden until the post game carnage report, to help dissuade people from quitting before the game even launches.

[edit]
And this is why I have that understanding.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/how-fans-helped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians

Scroll down to where they talk about matchmaking. There is a bullet point about hiding rank until the end of the game. Which I fully support, as I saw numerous people quit once they saw they were up against a higher rank.
Halo Reach's worked pretty well. It'll be cool to see this in Halo 5.
DcIhNaGv3z wrote:
My understanding is that rank is hidden until the post game carnage report, to help dissuade people from quitting before the game even launches.

[edit]
And this is why I have that understanding.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/how-fans-helped-shape-the-multiplayer-of-halo-5-guardians

Scroll down to where they talk about matchmaking. There is a bullet point about hiding rank until the end of the game. Which I fully support, as I saw numerous people quit once they saw they were up against a higher rank.
Ah now that sucks I just read it and I cannot feel more let down. I believe that if you or I earn it by all means we should be able to show it. It's like earning a manager position but to dissuade your employees from feeling weird around you, you still act as apart of the sales floor until the last second.

Dude... Me too. If the K/D is in that range or better, I'm like, "crud... I need to practice more..."
Champion here we come!
It would be Awsome to see these in halo 5!
It would be Awsome to see these in halo 5!
Please don't revive old threads thanks