Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

1-10 how it has been your experience of gameon h5?

OP SAM114FULLBEAST

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
Campaign - 3/10
Multiplayer - 10/10
Campaign - 5/10

Fantastic music, but the story was poorly written in my opinion. There were so many missed opportunities to enhance the experience, like formal boss fights. For example, instead of just a cutscene where Chief and Locke duke it out, I would rather play as Chief and incapacitate Osiris, and I would have preferred to have a boss fight against Cortana as Osiris in order to free Blue Team. The new characters were also poorly written as Tanaka and Vale are easily forgettable. They don't have any defining moments throughout the campaign, and even Tanaka's attempt at one was just a cliché "We'll make it through this" speech. On the plus side, there are some returning things that I like, specifically IWHBYD lines and Easter Eggs, but they do not go far enough.

Multiplayer - 8/10

While there are flaws, like the awkward new aiming system and the addition of Spartan Charge, the multiplayer is very well-designed. Arena is well-balanced with regular updates to improve competitive play, but there are still elements that players have been begging for and that have not been addressed, specifically the unhealthy effect of Spartan Charge in the game. Warzone and its variants are also fun and well-designed for more casual players, though Firefight needs some improvements.
at launch my experience was a 5/10 due to lack of content, but currently i would say it has risen to a 7/10.
I'll give it a 6-7/10 overall.
Campaign gameplay wise was awesome but the story suacks smoehows makes Halo 4 and Spartan Ops irrelevant and you need to know a lot EU info to know what's going on the story was pretty forgettable.

Gameplay a solid 8/10 Spartan Charge needs to go away awards for running like a chicken without its head and removal of splitscreen just for lock on 60fps.
How about when spiltscreen is active, the game will run at 720p 30fps while it's not active the game will run at a solid 1080p 60fps.

Multiplayer a 6-7/10. Lack of content at the start release barebones and now has most of the content the game needs. Where's KoTH and Oddball?! Alos the game needs dev made BTB maps.
It's a 9 from me. Whilst its the most fun I've ever had on a first person shooter, and after a year I've already played more than on any other fps, I just can't forgive the number of times I get matched against people who are a far higher skill rank.

This being the worst example.

But yeah its a fantastic game and I love pretty much everything about it, it's so nearly a 10.
  • While it is well known to many not like this installment due to different problems or for gameplay reasons, the question is how to grade your experience with halo 5 gurdians?
I give it a 7.

Multiplayer is fun. I usually don't find multiplayer fun for very long.

Campaign, still poor writing in many areas, but can still be enjoyable.

Seven. Simple as that.
I give my experience a 6/10 would be a 8/10 if I could get all of the achievements
A 5, keep up 343 your in the right direction but also not.
It started out as a 6 but as they added more weapons to the game in updates it moved itself up to a 10.
8, H5 has been a pretty fun time for me.
Mm...8.5 out of 10, I still love it...but it definitely needed a better campaign lol
8, sometimes it's a bit laggy and the matching system is not as good as it seems.
About an 8.
About an 8.
I'd give it a 5. 6 at the highest. The story was the absolute worst story I think I've ever played through in a video game, multiplayer well beautifully balanced is kinda generic feeling. I hate hit scan so points lost there. I hate what's happened to the customization and how you can't have a personalized spartan any more, same goes for the emblems. Still missing a lot of game modes. Map design sucks. How ever I do like war zone and all the different req variants. Forge is amazing. Custom games are decent. And I do really like the balance and thought put into the core game play. Over all halo 5 is an ok game in my eyes. But at the end of the day with the exception of forge halo 5 is really kinda generic. It has its good moments and it's bad. It just doesn't really have that special halo feel that keeps me coming back from other games. I haven't touched in a while and I haven't missed it. So ya 5 maybe 6 at most.
3 too many glitches and problems on a brand new game and theres no excuse for it. Also terrible maps, gameplay, and half of the game didnt even release on release day.
5. Decent multiplayer, but the inconsistency with it and the bugs that come with the new updates along with the campaign just keep it from being the great game I wanted it to be. The REQ system completely destroyed the achievement reward system we all loved and it severely damaged the Machinima community to the point where Red vs. Blue doesn't even use Halo 5 because of how everything is kept hostage by RNGesus.
9/10
Each Halo game is worse than the previous.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13