Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

1-10 how it has been your experience of gameon h5?

OP SAM114FULLBEAST

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13
4-5. It is okay but it lacks a lot of things I desperately want (Customization, offline mode, split screen) and due to this I give it about 4.
5/10. I just got bored and annoyed. Campaigne got boring quickly and I'm not good at all with multiplayer.
Overall: 6/10

-2 for the story
-1 for the bugs and UI
-1 for the lack of content

Everything else is solid.
8 for me.
I'm still playing on a near daily basis a year on, and the multiplayer gameplay wise is almost perfect.
However it was missing a lot of content at launch (just about made up for it now) and the campaign was bad story wise but again, good gameplay wise so yeah 8.
for an overall grade it gets a 5.5-6. It's not replay worthy for me to say "Hey i wanna go play this some more". The MP bored me after a year of gaming, even with the new stuff. It feels like COD now, nothing feels new and exciting anymore.
campaign- 2/10
Arena-10/10
warzone-8/10
warzone ff-6/10
Warzone: 7
Arena: 10
Warzone FF: 9
Campaign: 3
for an overall grade it gets a 5.5-6. It's not replay worthy for me to say "Hey i wanna go play this some more". The MP bored me after a year of gaming, even with the new stuff. It feels like COD now, nothing feels new and exciting anymore.
COD as in gameplay or how the game turns out eventually? Yeah one of the things that kicks Halo 5 in the ba*ls is that there isnt really a reason for grinding. The Req System doesn't fulfill that because it's all random. Halo Reach influenced grinding with the Credit System. You first had to already play a lot to get your armor and for your guy to look bad*ss, and then the grind was for Inclement Weather. And in the process you also had a lot of fun because of the variety. We need a system that will truly influence grinding and is not random, for Halo 6, at least IMO.
I would say an 8/10.
The campaign was pretty weak as far as story goes. Character development was almost non-existent which was unfortunate as both Blue Team and Osiris would of benefited from fleshing out the characters (Master Chief arguably being the exception). Not enough Blue Team, half and half might have been okay but giving most of the game to Locke and Osiris was a mistake in my opinion. The level design was awesome for the most part.
Multiplayer is extremely enjoyable in my opinion. I appreciate the weapon balancing (I wouldn't mind the automatics being slightly toned down). The maps are decent. Returning to even starts was a huge step in the right direction. I would like more playlists specifically I'd really like a Social Team Objective playlist with some classics like Oddball, KOTH, CTF variants, and Assault variants. More maps and some classic forge remakes would be a welcome addition to Multiplayer.
Warzone I'm kind of neutral about.
I would really like to see the customization system improve in Halo 6. Bring back individual armor piece customization. Rather than having 6 different variants of the same armor pieces make "Armor Skins" a separate unlockable category that can be used for whatever armor you are wearing, and allow us to choose the color of the Armor Skin. Bring back the ability to choose your Spartan's voice especially since in MP your Spartan makes callouts in game. Emblems (at least all the classics) should be unlocked from the beginning and very few emblems should need to be unlocked. Armor unlock system needs to change from RNG, I'm not exactly sure which system I would implement but it would be nice to have unlocks for achievements, legendary completion, and commendations. Commendations should return to being something that takes some serious time to complete as well (The only difficult commendations in Halo 5 as far as I'm concerned are the completely random ones like Cliffhanger). Spartan Companies should also have more than 2 unlocks.
9/10 Honestly I love this game, I mean, sure, Campaign was crap but in campaign on co-op you are able to play as other characters with different loadouts, that was cool. And I like score attack. Infection, BTB, CTF, Warzone are amazing, honestly I like what 343 has done (With multiplayer.) Look at Forge, It's sooo good! So many new things! I've run out of time, I gtg, wish I could make this longer, bye!
At release: 4/10
Now: 9/10

Best part about this game are the game modes and forge.
9.5 I still play it to this day and was certainly worth my money, wish I would've gotten a special edition. Very very minor things bug me that bring it down a .5 but it's my go-to game when I get on Xbox.
COD as in gameplay or how the game turns out eventually? Yeah one of the things that kicks Halo 5 in the ba*ls is that there isnt really a reason for grinding. The Req System doesn't fulfill that because it's all random. Halo Reach influenced grinding with the Credit System. You first had to already play a lot to get your armor and for your guy to look bad*ss, and then the grind was for Inclement Weather. And in the process you also had a lot of fun because of the variety. We need a system that will truly influence grinding and is not random, for Halo 6, at least IMO.
I have to disagree with you on the grinding part... I hate grindy games where I have to play hours on end to get something remotely good. I shouldn't be coming back to the game to unlock new armor, I should be coming back to play the game because I enjoy it! Although the REQ system definitely could've been implemented better, that's not the reason I'm still playing; I'm playing because the gameplay and game modes are superb!

No hate man, just stating my opinion ;)

7.5 if I haven't played in a while.
10/10, Because it's really fun
10/10, Because it's really fun
I second that
1/10 across the board. From launch to it's current state, this game has been nothing but garbage.

Unbalanced multiplayer, Spartan Charge and reduced motion tracker range ruin Arena, microtransactions, stripped-down armor customization, armor selection is crap with classic armors like EOD and CQB being replaced by garbage like Seeker and Nomad, armor is unlocked randomly rather than through credits or achievements, easily the worst story in all of Halo, horrible art style, no voting in matchmaking, Warzone is the pay-to-win game mode than none of us asked for, Warzone Firefight is NOT an acceptable replacement for classic ODST/ Reach-style Firefight, Arena maps all look and feel like the same map with different skins, and the amount of content that launched with the game was atrocious.

The free updates have done very little to improve the game; mostly, all they've done is flood the REQ pool to make the grind to unlock better armor that much harder. Halo 5: Guardians is easily the worst Halo game ever made.
Now with everything mostly in it, I'd say a 7/10 or an 8/10.
Russkiy117 wrote:
Now with everything mostly in it, I'd say a 7/10 or an 8/10.
You don't have much room to talk. You haven't even played the game.

Spoiler:
Show
Im still playing, its worth the money although the campaign isnt that great
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 13