Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

1 to 10 how good is game

OP SilentSayuki

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I rate 8/20
Considering I've put over 3,500 hours into it, I guess I should give it a pretty high score. Maybe 8/10.
Solid 4/10. Used to be 7/10 (purely because the campaign had so many things wrong with it), but the MP went from excellent to worst in the series.
tuhin94 wrote:
Solid 4/10. Used to be 7/10 (purely because the campaign had so many things wrong with it), but the MP went from excellent to worst in the series.
Do you mean the weapon rebalancing made the MP worse? Or something else?
I think I've just been playing it so long that I'd rate it a 8 out of 10. But the other Halo games are better.
DoubleSama wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
That's the primary reason. Additionally, modes like BTB were ignored because of lack of player interest, something that was caused by 343i not giving the mode proper respect and attention while instead focusing on nonsense that no one requested. WZF, currently one of two serviceable modes (the other being BTB SF), was made worse by the change in REQ level requirements. Lastly, the technical issues that plagued the game (such as a main menu that could have been designed better by a high schooler) became even more problematic, eg., more freezing, more lag, etc.

I played H5's campaign in 2016 and didn't start playing online until summer 2017. The few months before the stupid Overtime Update (by far, the most unnecessary and haphazard update I have ever seen) were glorious. At the time, I enjoyed H5's MP more than any other. Even with its long list of faults, the game was enjoyable, making those faults something one could put up with because the pros outweighed the cons (REQ system was never welcome, but it could be ignored thanks to Arena). With good weapon balancing, the campaign was fun too when looking at it purely from a gameplay standpoint and ignoring the story. I was very impressed by how 343i managed to stuff in so many weapons while allowing them to all feel useful and fun.

Now, it's all about forcing players to play WZ with useless loadouts in the hopes that players will use REQs and then dish out more money for REQ packs. Total junk. Either that, or play SF Party / BTB SF. The other modes suck because the only mathematically viable weapon is the Magnum. Try anything else and you're asking to get whooped. Pick ups are only useful if they are things like Rockets and Snipers. Frags are near useless. Plus, the maps are all either the short list of dev maps or some low-budget Forge maps (the old ones were so good). The list goes on and on with stuff that so many players have mentioned in the hopes of keeping the game good.

I am too committed to the game to step away from it, which is at least partially my fault (no MTX expenses for me though). WZF is enjoyable enough to come back to and is the only thing I play now. But, H5 is no longer a game I am totally hooked on and one I believe deserves more love than hate. Now, I always encourage new players to play MCC instead since that is by and large a better game. It says a lot when a collection of remastered games is better than the latest release. My hopes are that Infinite is good and can finally replace H5 and properly carry the mantle of being the newest release.
7/10, I really like the game, the only reason I wouldn't give it full points is because of how competitive some of the casual playlists are.
M1 Abro wrote:
7/10, I really like the game, the only reason I wouldn't give it full points is because of how competitive some of the casual playlists are.
I agree with this. Plus im not a big fan of the Arena Win/Loss ranking system either.
MP- 9 when servers aren't crap.

Campaign- 6
Like 7/10, worst campaign and the best multiplayer, still, the respawns are not the best
8.5/10
Best Gameplay, best MP.
Loses a whole point and a half tho because it is definitely the worst campaign by far.

The Gameplay and MP was a massive improvement over Halo 4 (which I believe is the worst halo). H4 had a Good Campaign, But Spartan Ops was garbage, and the MP was terrible.

H5 cleaned the up the MP. The gameplay is back to that natural halo feel, while also making it modern and new with the dash and sprint. Plus, idk why, the MP feels so smooth.
I rate 9/10 cause the customs is good the campaign is ok until the end and finally the arena is alright but the war zone I don’t like I’m afraid of
4 out of 10 used to be like a 6. Csr updates and butchering the ranking system killed it for me.
5.5/10
Multiplayer blows
Campaign is okay
Forge is fantastic, bonus points for customs browser
I rate 8/10 gods game and concept, but the glitches and lag ruin it.
tuhin94 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
That's the primary reason. Additionally, modes like BTB were ignored because of lack of player interest, something that was caused by 343i not giving the mode proper respect and attention while instead focusing on nonsense that no one requested. WZF, currently one of two serviceable modes (the other being BTB SF), was made worse by the change in REQ level requirements. Lastly, the technical issues that plagued the game (such as a main menu that could have been designed better by a high schooler) became even more problematic, eg., more freezing, more lag, etc.

I played H5's campaign in 2016 and didn't start playing online until summer 2017. The few months before the stupid Overtime Update (by far, the most unnecessary and haphazard update I have ever seen) were glorious. At the time, I enjoyed H5's MP more than any other. Even with its long list of faults, the game was enjoyable, making those faults something one could put up with because the pros outweighed the cons (REQ system was never welcome, but it could be ignored thanks to Arena). With good weapon balancing, the campaign was fun too when looking at it purely from a gameplay standpoint and ignoring the story. I was very impressed by how 343i managed to stuff in so many weapons while allowing them to all feel useful and fun.

Now, it's all about forcing players to play WZ with useless loadouts in the hopes that players will use REQs and then dish out more money for REQ packs. Total junk. Either that, or play SF Party / BTB SF. The other modes suck because the only mathematically viable weapon is the Magnum. Try anything else and you're asking to get whooped. Pick ups are only useful if they are things like Rockets and Snipers. Frags are near useless. Plus, the maps are all either the short list of dev maps or some low-budget Forge maps (the old ones were so good). The list goes on and on with stuff that so many players have mentioned in the hopes of keeping the game good.

I am too committed to the game to step away from it, which is at least partially my fault (no MTX expenses for me though). WZF is enjoyable enough to come back to and is the only thing I play now. But, H5 is no longer a game I am totally hooked on and one I believe deserves more love than hate. Now, I always encourage new players to play MCC instead since that is by and large a better game. It says a lot when a collection of remastered games is better than the latest release. My hopes are that Infinite is good and can finally replace H5 and properly carry the mantle of being the newest release.
I’m hooked on Ark Mobile and I’d I’m playing a mobile game more, then that’s a problem.
MP is good, but was better in the early days. The obvious fascination they have with pushing XP and REQ spend is tiresome, but all in all the MP is the one part I'm interested in. Campaign, is, terrible. It's an embarrassment to the legacy of CE! For the hrs totalled I had better at least say 8/10 haha, but lord, Infinites only role should be to serve as a tool to help us forget H5 campaign...
Dont exactly mind the game. The multi-player is honestly the best part. Took a while to beat the campaign alone on legendary by myself cause it was a different world compared to the others.
I would rate it a solid 6/10. Again, campaign was all over the place. And the only part thats nice is the fast paced multi-player.
On a scale of 1-10 it deserves no higher than a 4, it's better than H4 but that's such a low bar it's not a compliment.
Halo 5 is a 50/50 game when it comes features.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2