OP STSLPO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
In halo 3 they tried a 1v1 playlist and it turned into one guy getting a kill and camping. They then added a marker to the guy in first place but it was the same thing pretty much. In halo 5 the movement is so fast it would be hard to kill a guy camping.
Maybe if they made special maps kind of like octagon. IDK
Lol, what? I played that playlist all the time and it wasn't like that at all. At least in the first couple years.

It was actually very fun as a competitive mode.
Doesnt like you idea
Hell no!
STSLPO wrote:
So most of us agree that Halo 5 could do with the addition of more social playlists, but what about a dedicated 1 V 1 playlist?

As a solo player I typically struggle in team modes as a random, and am either blessed with talented teammates who communicate (rare) or am damned to be in a team where one or more teammates typically drop out. I typically have fun going one on one versus my buddy, and think it could be fun to pit two "randoms" against each other.

Imagine a dedicated 1 V 1 playlist where a solo player could play another solo player, just one on one! This would obviously be limited to some of the smaller maps as many maps would be too large to really support a 1 V 1.

Would there be any support for this in the community? I would prefer a social playlist versus ranked as I think many more people would be willing to play it socially.
why not play FFA?
In my opinion, I don't think it should be a priority. I'm not against it if they roll it out, but if it was either 1v1 or KOTH/Oddball I'd pick KOTH/Oddball.
I really like the idea of a 1v1 playlist.
You should make this into a poll so that everyone can vote on it. but yes I would very much enjoy this playlist and it would possibly keep me playing halo for a little while longer
AleterixT wrote:
STSLPO wrote:
So most of us agree that Halo 5 could do with the addition of more social playlists, but what about a dedicated 1 V 1 playlist?

As a solo player I typically struggle in team modes as a random, and am either blessed with talented teammates who communicate (rare) or am damned to be in a team where one or more teammates typically drop out. I typically have fun going one on one versus my buddy, and think it could be fun to pit two "randoms" against each other.

Imagine a dedicated 1 V 1 playlist where a solo player could play another solo player, just one on one! This would obviously be limited to some of the smaller maps as many maps would be too large to really support a 1 V 1.

Would there be any support for this in the community? I would prefer a social playlist versus ranked as I think many more people would be willing to play it socially.
why not play FFA?
I assume he doesn't play FFA because in higher tiers of play, people like to steal and clean up kills. I'm not only a victim of this, but also a culprit of the act. It's what you must do to survive.
Sevennn wrote:
STSLPO wrote:
They could just remove the game timer and that will eliminate camping.
This isn't a horrible idea...
No it's the most horrible idea.

I can already see these kids getting their kicks out of hiding for 30 mins until the person quits.
They could easily add some element where if you remain within a 5meter radius for more than 10 seconds you die.
I would have a little fun with this. I am not a gifted 1v1 in most situations, but still could be fun.
Sounds Cool.
Get one kill and hide? Sure why not.
I think its a neat idea plus I'm sure they are capable of doing the playlist right
STSLPO wrote:

sounds like a good idea XD
STSLPO wrote:

This would need extreme balancing. lol
Its shall be called "lone wolf"
Would love it, but maps are far too big. Unless they had dedicated forge maps for it.
I think it would be cool if there was a 1v1 playlist. Maybe it could be more duel-like (Gunfighter Magnums). I hate being the ONE guy who knows what their doing on a team of randoms.
I guess if they use forge maps it would be better
In halo 3 they tried a 1v1 playlist and it turned into one guy getting a kill and camping. They then added a marker to the guy in first place but it was the same thing pretty much. In halo 5 the movement is so fast it would be hard to kill a guy camping.
Maybe if they made special maps kind of like octagon. IDK
I'm glad someone remembers that. I loved the 1v1 playlist in Halo 3 but the whole marker over the guy in 1st thing was a colossal pain
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5