Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

11 DLC maps so Far???

OP JakeLOVESnicole

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
According to this Link. We have received 11 post-launch maps since release. I just can't seem to get anywhere near that number??. Can someone give me a hand
Don't quote me but i can only think of a handful
  • Basin - BTB
  • Deadlock - BTB
  • Guillotine - BTB
  • Recurve - BTB
  • Battle of Noctus - Warzone
  • Overgrowth - Arena
  • Entombed - BTB
  • ANTIFREEZE - BTB
  • Riptide - Arena
  • Urban - Warzone
  • Torque - Arena
TauthHarn wrote:
  • Basin - BTB
  • Deadlock - BTB
  • Guillotine - BTB
  • Recurve - BTB
  • Overgrowth - Arena
  • Entombed - BTB
  • ANTIFREEZE - BTB
  • Riptide - Arena
  • Urban - Warzone
  • Torque - Arena
Since when do forge maps count. That's like saying with Bungies Fileshare for H3 we received over 1,000 maps?
TauthHarn wrote:
  • Basin - BTB
  • Deadlock - BTB
  • Guillotine - BTB
  • Recurve - BTB
  • Overgrowth - Arena
  • Entombed - BTB
  • ANTIFREEZE - BTB
  • Riptide - Arena
  • Urban - Warzone
  • Torque - Arena
Since when do forge maps count. That's like saying with Bungies Fileshare for H3 we received over 1,000 maps?
Since they said they counted. They're free maps and free DLC. Don't complain
R0CKET44 wrote:
TauthHarn wrote:
  • Basin - BTB
  • Deadlock - BTB
  • Guillotine - BTB
  • Recurve - BTB
  • Overgrowth - Arena
  • Entombed - BTB
  • ANTIFREEZE - BTB
  • Riptide - Arena
  • Urban - Warzone
  • Torque - Arena
Since they said they counted. They're free maps and free DLC. Don't complain
I'm not complaining. I just know we were promised like 21 maps or something like that and upset to learn that 6 so far are Forged maps, made by community forgers. So my question to you is should the Griffball Court be counted as a map also?
TauthHarn wrote:
  • Basin - BTB
  • Deadlock - BTB
  • Guillotine - BTB
  • Recurve - BTB
  • Overgrowth - Arena
  • Entombed - BTB
  • ANTIFREEZE - BTB
  • Riptide - Arena
  • Urban - Warzone
  • Torque - Arena
Those weren't bungie made forge maps though

These are in studio 343 made so they count I could see your argument if they counted the 9 new community breakout maps and said 20 DLC maps
Battle of Noctus and Torque are the only 100% completely original DLC maps we've gotten so far. Overgrowth and Riptide are remixes, and Urban is just the Warzone Assault version of Noctus that I can't believe they're considering a separate map (especially since it plays out almost exactly the same as Dispatch). BTB Forge maps are not DLC maps, they are Forge maps. You don't even download them like you would a true DLC map. They're not even original Forge maps because they're either outright remakes of classic maps or heavily inspired by classic maps. And, in case you're forgetting, the Forge community is and always has been completely capable of putting out maps of equal or greater quality than 343 and Bungie, so a 343-created Forge map means nothing to me. It's simply a different name under the "file creator:" section.

If I give credit where it's due, Overgrowth and Riptide certainly look and feel like completely different maps than their counterparts. But even then, that brings the total "original DLC map"-count up to a whopping 4. Woohoo.
Woah woah woah.

Are they actually trying to count forge maps as some of those DLC maps???

Mother of God. What in the actual blueberry pancakes.
Battle of Noctus and Torque are the only 100% completely original DLC maps we've gotten so far. Overgrowth and Riptide are remixes, and Urban is just the Warzone Assault version of Noctus that I can't believe they're considering a separate map (especially since it plays out almost exactly the same as Dispatch). BTB Forge maps are not DLC maps, they are Forge maps. You don't even download them like you would a true DLC map. They're not even original Forge maps because they're either outright remakes of classic maps or heavily inspired by classic maps. And, in case you're forgetting, the Forge community is and always has been completely capable of putting out maps of equal or greater quality than 343 and Bungie, so a 343-created Forge map means nothing to me. It's simply a different name under the "file creator:" section.

If I give credit where it's due, Overgrowth and Riptide certainly look and feel like completely different maps than their counterparts. But even then, that brings the total "original DLC map"-count up to a whopping 4. Woohoo.
This, 100%
TauthHarn wrote:
  1. Basin - BTB
  2. Deadlock - BTB
  3. Guillotine - BTB
  4. Recurve - BTB
  5. Battle of Noctus - Warzone
  6. Overgrowth - Arena
  7. Entombed - BTB
  8. Antifreeze - BTB
  9. Riptide - Arena
  10. Urban - Warzone
  11. Torque - Arena
  12. Grifball Arena - Grifball
You forgot one so I fixed it. The problem here is that 343i said forge maps won't count as DLC maps, which was clearly a lie. So in reality the list should be this:

1. Battle of Noctus
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Riptide
  4. Urban
  5. Torque
Say what you want about remixes and Assault maps, they are still different than the other maps and offer a different experience than the maps they are based.

As we see a new Warzone map, that brings the total to six. Plus the theme of Meridian for next month and the Rig getting a remix sometime in the future leads to that most likely being in this update as well. In total, only seven maps have been seen or released that are built using the proper map making tools given to game developers, not the tools they create for fans to make maps.

Just be happy they didn't count the five community breakout maps or the Valentine's maps as part of the DLC. Silver lining! 343i did also show 18+ maps around launch so that means we'll have at least seven more maps in these updates. And we know a total of six are for Warzone, three for basic Warzone and three for Assault.

Honestly though, I don't care how the map was made so long as it plays well. It's the gametypes part I find annoying. They count a total of twelve new modes but I only see three.

• Forge
  • Assault
  • Grifball
The other "nine" are simply modified variants of existing gametypes, mostly slayer. And only one of those variants, BTB, has actually become a playlist in Arena. The rest were all weekend socials.

This guy gets it. Completely agree! I can't believe they'd count a Warzone Assault version of a map a "new" map! Lol! It's just a small section of a larger map ffs.

And the remixes... it does get annoying to see so many. Although I have to say that they play differently and I do enjoy them.

The BTB maps are horrible though, I just can't get on with them. They look absolutely terrible, god knows what's going on with the graphics there. I actually prefer the Halo 2 version of Headlong. And I really hated it when I tried the Banshee out on that map, flew it "too high" and it suddenly exploded! No warning at all.
What's funnier since we already know more forged btb maps are being made like the one grif ball is in. The number of "dlc" is looking like 4 to 2 since there's not really dedicated original dev maps.

Completely agree with you mate. I can't believe they're counting 11 DLC maps haha, they've done the same with the game modes. Madness. I hope they catch us off guard with an update and just dedicate it to 3 or 4 completely original dev made maps. Highly doubtful though.

That being said, at least we're getting everything for free, that's a breath of fresh air. I know most of this stuff should have been in at launch, but these days most companies hold stuff back that should have been in at launch and then flog it as DLC.
TauthHarn wrote:
  1. Basin - BTB
  2. Deadlock - BTB
  3. Guillotine - BTB
  4. Recurve - BTB
  5. Battle of Noctus - Warzone
  6. Overgrowth - Arena
  7. Entombed - BTB
  8. Antifreeze - BTB
  9. Riptide - Arena
  10. Urban - Warzone
  11. Torque - Arena
  12. Grifball Arena - Grifball
You forgot one so I fixed it. The problem here is that 343i said forge maps won't count as DLC maps, which was clearly a lie. So in reality the list should be this:

1. Battle of Noctus
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Riptide
  4. Urban
  5. Torque
Say what you want about remixes and Assault maps, they are still different than the other maps and offer a different experience than the maps they are based.

As we see a new Warzone map, that brings the total to six. Plus the theme of Meridian for next month and the Rig getting a remix sometime in the future leads to that most likely being in this update as well. In total, only seven maps have been seen or released that are built using the proper map making tools given to game developers, not the tools they create for fans to make maps.

Just be happy they didn't count the five community breakout maps or the Valentine's maps as part of the DLC. Silver lining! 343i did also show 18+ maps around launch so that means we'll have at least seven more maps in these updates. And we know a total of six are for Warzone, three for basic Warzone and three for Assault.

Honestly though, I don't care how the map was made so long as it plays well. It's the gametypes part I find annoying. They count a total of twelve new modes but I only see three.

• Forge
  • Assault
  • Grifball
  • The other "nine" are simply modified variants of existing gametypes, mostly slayer. And only one of those variants, BTB, has actually become a playlist in Arena. The rest were all weekend socials.
All of this.

I also don't see us getting much more than 6 new maps in the coming updates, too.

March: Warzone map + Rig remix
April: Forge World + Warzone Assault March variant
May: Arena BTB/Race map(s?)
June: Warzone Firefight+ new map/Assault variant
I'm pretty disappointed with the "Free DLC Content."

I think each month we should get

1 Arena Map
1 Warzone Map + Assault Variant.
2+ Community made Forge maps added to any playlist.
1+ New Gametypes (We should be getting "new" game types at this point but since 343 left so much out they are too busy adding it all back.) Halo 4 we got Extraction and Ricochet

It's sad BTB hasn't had any maps added yet. I call BS on Bravo's post. I honestly don't think it takes 2 months to test the spawns on a Forge BTB map.
Are they actually trying to count forge maps as some of those DLC maps???
Pretty much, yes.
Sad so sad. And the BTB maps were made by community forgers not 343
TauthHarn wrote:
  • Basin - BTB
  • Deadlock - BTB
  • Guillotine - BTB
  • Recurve - BTB
  • Overgrowth - Arena
  • Entombed - BTB
  • ANTIFREEZE - BTB
  • Riptide - Arena
  • Urban - Warzone
  • Torque - Arena
Bungie didn't have 1,000 maps in official rotation.
The game launched with forge maps, and is receiving Forge maps as DLC. Maps that were made before launch. Bungie didn't have a problem making maps and didn't need to bring in free labor(forgers) to create maps for them and market them as DLC official maps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2