5. Battle of Noctus - Warzone
  6. Overgrowth - Arena
  7. Entombed - BTB
  8. Antifreeze - BTB
  9. Riptide - Arena
  10. Urban - Warzone
  11. Torque - Arena
  12. Grifball Arena - Grifball
You forgot one so I fixed it. The problem here is that 343i said forge maps won't count as DLC maps, which was clearly a lie. So in reality the list should be this:

1. Battle of Noctus
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Riptide
  4. Urban
  5. Torque
Say what you want about remixes and Assault maps, they are still different than the other maps and offer a different experience than the maps they are based.

As we see a new Warzone map, that brings the total to six. Plus the theme of Meridian for next month and the Rig getting a remix sometime in the future leads to that most likely being in this update as well. In total, only seven maps have been seen or released that are built using the proper map making tools given to game developers, not the tools they create for fans to make maps.

Just be happy they didn't count the five community breakout maps or the Valentine's maps as part of the DLC. Silver lining! 343i did also show 18+ maps around launch so that means we'll have at least seven more maps in these updates. And we know a total of six are for Warzone, three for basic Warzone and three for Assault.

Honestly though, I don't care how the map was made so long as it plays well. It's the gametypes part I find annoying. They count a total of twelve new modes but I only see three.

• Forge
  • Assault
  • Grifball
  • The other "nine" are simply modified variants of existing gametypes, mostly slayer. And only one of those variants, BTB, has actually become a playlist in Arena. The rest were all weekend socials.
All of this.

I also don't see us getting much more than 6 new maps in the coming updates, too.

March: Warzone map + Rig remix
April: Forge World + Warzone Assault March variant
May: Arena BTB/Race map(s?)
June: Warzone Firefight+ new map/Assault variant
I was thinking that the Reach update would be bigger than the others and feature 3 or 4 remade Reach maps. I honestly don't think we will see Forge World. Based on the size of the already existing forge pallets Forge World would just be too big.
Hahahahah they r crazy I can't believe the forge maps are being considered as DLC maps, go get a life 343i
TauthHarn wrote:
  1. Basin - BTB
  2. Deadlock - BTB
  3. Guillotine - BTB
  4. Recurve - BTB
  6. Overgrowth - Arena
  7. Entombed - BTB
  8. Antifreeze - BTB
  9. Riptide - Arena
  10. Urban - Warzone
  11. Torque - Arena
You forgot one so I fixed it. The problem here is that 343i said forge maps won't count as DLC maps, which was clearly a lie. So in reality the list should be this:

1. Battle of Noctus
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Riptide
  4. Urban
  5. Torque
Say what you want about remixes and Assault maps, they are still different than the other maps and offer a different experience than the maps they are based.

As we see a new Warzone map, that brings the total to six. Plus the theme of Meridian for next month and the Rig getting a remix sometime in the future leads to that most likely being in this update as well. In total, only seven maps have been seen or released that are built using the proper map making tools given to game developers, not the tools they create for fans to make maps.

Just be happy they didn't count the five community breakout maps or the Valentine's maps as part of the DLC. Silver lining! 343i did also show 18+ maps around launch so that means we'll have at least seven more maps in these updates. And we know a total of six are for Warzone, three for basic Warzone and three for Assault.

Honestly though, I don't care how the map was made so long as it plays well. It's the gametypes part I find annoying. They count a total of twelve new modes but I only see three.

• Forge
  • Assault
  • Grifball
  • The other "nine" are simply modified variants of existing gametypes, mostly slayer. And only one of those variants, BTB, has actually become a playlist in Arena. The rest were all weekend socials.
Let's be truly honest here. Griffball started as an assault variant, and currently Assault exists as a Griffball variant. You take the bomb to the enemy base to score.

OP: You aren't the first to notice and the reaction is pretty much the same.
Richnj wrote:
TauthHarn wrote:
  1. Basin - BTB
  2. Deadlock - BTB
  3. Guillotine - BTB
  4. Recurve - BTB
  6. Overgrowth - Arena
  7. Entombed - BTB
  8. Antifreeze - BTB
  9. Riptide - Arena
  10. Urban - Warzone
  11. Torque - Arena

1. Battle of Noctus
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Riptide
  4. Urban
  5. Torque

• Forge
  • Assault
  • Grifball
Let's be truly honest here. Griffball started as an assault variant, and currently Assault exists as a Griffball variant. You take the bomb to the enemy base to score.

I sure hope I wasn't the first to notice this crap. I'm pretty sure that would be Bravo as he was typing it.
Woah woah woah.

Are they actually trying to count forge maps as some of those DLC maps???

Mother of God. What in the actual blueberry pancakes.
That was my reply, too, except with more narwhals.
I don't remember ever hearing 343 say that Forge maps didn't count. Only people I've ever seen say that are other forum members trying to stick up for 343.

However, since apparently Forge maps count as "free dlc", I can now say that Bungie has given us way more "free dlc" than 343 ever has. Woooo!
The game launched with forge maps, and is receiving Forge maps as DLC. Maps that were made before launch. Bungie didn't have a problem making maps and didn't need to bring in free labor(forgers) to create maps for them and market them as DLC official maps.
Considering Bungie was selling Map Pack, of course they would not made forge maps as DLC, who would buy that?

But in Reach, they give us a lot of forge maps at launch that they count toward the numbers of maps in the game ...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive/rant posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Fox2269 wrote:
We just ask for what we paid for.
I like Halo 5 a lot but the content is lacking
TauthHarn wrote:
  • Basin - BTB
  • Deadlock - BTB
  • Guillotine - BTB
  • Recurve - BTB
  • Battle of Noctus - Warzone
  • Overgrowth - Arena
  • Entombed - BTB
  • ANTIFREEZE - BTB
  • Riptide - Arena
  • Urban - Warzone
  • Torque - Arena
jajajjajaja lol thats a joke you cant count forged maps.
Fox2269 wrote:
what a 343 apologist getting mad at people who actually have something to complain about.
Richnj wrote:
TauthHarn wrote:
  1. Basin - BTB
  2. Deadlock - BTB
  3. Guillotine - BTB
  4. Recurve - BTB
  6. Overgrowth - Arena
  7. Entombed - BTB
  8. Antifreeze - BTB
  9. Riptide - Arena
  10. Urban - Warzone
  11. Torque - Arena

1. Battle of Noctus
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Riptide
  4. Urban
  5. Torque

• Forge
  • Assault
  • Grifball

I sure hope I wasn't the first to notice this crap. I'm pretty sure that would be Bravo as he was typing it.
Yeah, well I'm still up in the air on whether 343i are out right liars (and this would not be the only example of things they said being contradictory to what every one else says and sees) or if they actually believe the things they say.

What's worse is people still defend 343i and their practices despite a 6 year long career built on and maintained with dubious public relations.
Fox2269 wrote:
The reason we are getting free content is for the total failure of MCC. So I say we can complain as much as we want.
This is going to be the Halo game with the fewest maps to date. Who at 343 thought "Hmmm Im sure the fans will love forge maps counting as our free 16 maps" We better get some ACTUAL new maps for the last few or Im gonna be pissed
They are mostly BTB maps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2