Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

152 grind is done - Bobo remembers...

OP Bobo Benfatti

Woo hoo!

I have seen others make a post when they finally hit CSR 152. While I’m doing that here too, I thought I’d add something a little different. I started playing this game when it released on October 27, 2015. That is a lot of gaming time for generating memories about Halo 5. So, for what’s worth, a brief walk down memory lane.

I remember when...

...I first started playing H5, and didn’t understand how req packs worked. Ugh, those wasted gold packs.
...I wanted to unlock the DMR soooo bad, but didn’t do so until CSR 76. (Ironically, now I rarely use that weapon)
...the H2BR was my final req unlock at CSR 128. Ugh.
...I would always sell those XP boost packs, because all I cared about was unlocking reqs and didn’t comprehend the XP grind in front of me.
...I thought I was done with Halo 5 at CSR 148.
...I replaced my Halo 5 gaming with Battlefield, CoD, Titanfall 2, or Destiny 2. Yet, I always circled back to Halo 5.
...I used to enjoy playing Warzone.
...there were only three Warzone maps (Stormbreak, Apex, A.R.C.)
...everyone used to converge on the Warden Eternal when playing Warzone.
...the Achilles commendation made Warzone way more sweaty.
...I joined a random company to get the Achilles armor and helmet…but I would still get steam-rolled because I still stubbornly played solo. :-P
...I finally unlocked the Achilles helmet…and stopped wearing it the next day because I didn’t like it.
...we actually had Orion and Pegasus version 1 maps.
...I had a $10 gift card and bought this game for $50 as soon as it was available. Best $50 bucks I ever spent!
Props to you. Welcome to the 152 club. I too played the game when it was first released.
Congratulations OP! Can't imagine the total amount of time spent!

I dread the journey ahead, i am only just about to hit my 149, yet i am not even at the true half-way mark!
Nice....I have like 10.7 or 10.8 million to go. Getting there slowly but surely.
Ahh the Achilles companies... those were the times. And to think Warzone is even more of a sweat-fest now than it was back then!
I'd love to go back to 2015 WZ for a day. Even knowing I barely had anything unlocked.
Congrats on hitting 152 :-)
Congrats! I’m getting close to 151. I still have that final 15 million push... It was interesting reading all your memories about the game. It’s crazy how different it is now from launch. Between the three months I didn’t play at launch, and the time I took off after unlocking Achillies, I have taken about a year off since H5 was released. To think that I could be done with the grind if I had just stuck with it. Oh well, I’m enjoying it nevertheless
Congrats! I’m trying to reach 152 before halo infinite comes out but I don’t think there’s enough time haha
Woo hoo!

I have seen others make a post when they finally hit CSR 152. While I’m doing that here too, I thought I’d add something a little different. I started playing this game when it released on October 27, 2015. That is a lot of gaming time for generating memories about Halo 5. So, for what’s worth, a brief walk down memory lane.

I remember when...

...I first started playing H5, and didn’t understand how req packs worked. Ugh, those wasted gold packs.
...I wanted to unlock the DMR soooo bad, but didn’t do so until CSR 76. (Ironically, now I rarely use that weapon)
...I would always sell those XP boost packs, because all I cared about was unlocking reqs and didn’t comprehend the XP grind in front of me.
...I replaced my Halo 5 gaming with Battlefield, CoD, Titanfall 2, or Destiny 2. Yet, I always circled back to Halo 5.
...I joined a random company to get the Achilles armor and helmet…but I would still get steam-rolled because I still stubbornly played solo. :-P
...I finally unlocked the Achilles helmet…and stopped wearing it the next day because I didn’t like it.
...I had a $10 gift card and bought this game for $50 as soon as it was available. Best $50 bucks I ever spent!
This is why I can't stand grinding for 152. You've put in 74 days of game time, which is no small feat....but what bothers me is I have 65 days of game time and I'm not even halfway to 152.

It just goes to show that unless you're pushing microtransactions into you're account that you won't hit 152. I'd honestly love to see 1 player who is at max rank that actually played majority of their games in arena multiplayer. Warzone isn't fun to me so I literally avoided it at all costs. I don't think it's fair for the people that played a massive amount get cheapened XP just because they didn't play 343's baby of a mode.
I am about 4 million way from 152 myself but congrats to you!
This is why I can't stand grinding for 152. You've put in 74 days of game time, which is no small feat....but what bothers me is I have 65 days of game time and I'm not even halfway to 152.

It just goes to show that unless you're pushing microtransactions into you're account that you won't hit 152. I'd honestly love to see 1 player who is at max rank that actually played majority of their games in arena multiplayer. Warzone isn't fun to me so I literally avoided it at all costs. I don't think it's fair for the people that played a massive amount get cheapened XP just because they didn't play 343's baby of a mode.
I'm working on it :D
Woo hoo!

I remember when...

Actually I did an experiment and you can get a lot of XP in arena using XP boost. Arena games are shorter so time wise arena doesn't pay out much less than warzone. So if you only play arena sell all reqs except xp boost and you can probably rack up XP rather quickly, especially if you play the featured arena playlist that pay out a little extra.

But look at your play time. 106 DAYS and you still aren't there. By the time you're done, you'd have spent DOUBLE the amount of time to get to the same place that other people did. It's ridiculous how gross of a difference that is.
LethalQ wrote:
Woo hoo!

I remember when...

Actually I did an experiment and you can get a lot of XP in arena using XP boost. Arena games are shorter so time wise arena doesn't pay out much less than warzone. So if you only play arena sell all reqs except xp boost and you can probably rack up XP rather quickly, especially if you play the featured arena playlist that pay out a little extra.
I spent a majority of my Halo 5 life playing BTB and using XP boosts whenever possible, even buying tons of Legendary XP boost packs when they're available. The only hope we have at this point is if I use Legendary boosts EVERY game on a Warzone featured playlist.

But look at your play time. 106 DAYS and you still aren't there. By the time you're done, you'd have spent DOUBLE the amount of time to get to the same place that other people did. It's ridiculous how gross of a difference that is.
That is mostly due to the fact that I didn't start using boosts regularly until I was 150.
Congratulations! I also just hit 152 on Saturday night with WZ turbo. The great journey is complete...dear lord what a grind! I started playing on release date (wife gave me an early Xmas gift that year, the halo Xbox one console!!). I played consistently til I hit 150, because that grind took a while and I didn’t think I’d ever make 152. 150 was a nice even number. Took a bunch of months off, then kind of got back into the game and figured let me try to get 151, then I’ll put it down again.

Got to 151 and thought, hell its the same grind again, just with another 4 mil xp thrown on, let’s do it!! My goodness. Thanks to a bunch of legendary xp packs and grinding the featured WZ playlists when they would rotate, I finally got to the top of the mountain. Like you, just wanted to share a few memories...

- Got 100% commendations/unlocks except the 3 beta emblems, and the 3 season emblems I missed when I took a break, and the classic helmet req pack (I bought other cosmetic items before to try to 100% it, then I got annoyed that they kept trying to cash cow the cosmetics and vowed not to buy any other cosmetic stuff)

- Got my one and only killionaire in griffball, I’ll still take it.

- Got several 35 sprees, but never got the elusive unfrigg. Had a game where I went 36-0 but time ran out while I was in my Oni mantis and we had them triple capped (if this was before the change to 2 points per spartan kill, I would have gotten it). Also had a game in turbo where I went 40 + kills and the only death I had the entire game was when a teammate walked in front of me just as I pulled the trigger on the nornfang, resulting in my suicide :(

- Seeing some of these more famous top level players/youtubers get SO TRIGGERED when you throw down one little teabag or send one funny little passive aggressive message. OMG the mountain of messages in response. And how they talk like stereotypical gamer nerds lol. “You’re trying to ego me! You won’t last in the sweaty games I play! You’re pistol skills are weak!” It’s so easy to egg them on lmao!!

- Epic warzone comeback games (coming back from triple caps, etc)

- getting two perfection medals! And having some warzone games where I never died.

- Getting my first snipletaneous medal. Used a binary rifle and fired on a guy in the garage doorway of noctus, and there was another guy walking right by him! Didn’t think I’d ever get that medal.

- Reaching that mythic 152 level and knowing I can RETIRE until halo 6!

I really enjoyed halo 5, even with some glitches, imperfections, etc. still glad I got 3+ years of replay value out of this game! Now it’s time to rest... “Wake me when you need me...”
i only have 22 days in the game and im a lvl 149 i've been grinding for 152 for only 2 weeks. congrats on the 152
Congratulations! I also just hit 152 on Saturday night with WZ turbo. The great journey is complete...dear lord what a grind! I started playing on release date (wife gave me an early Xmas gift that year, the halo Xbox one console!!). I played consistently til I hit 150, because that grind took a while and I didn’t think I’d ever make 152. 150 was a nice even number. Took a bunch of months off, then kind of got back into the game and figured let me try to get 151, then I’ll put it down again.

Got to 151 and thought, hell its the same grind again, just with another 4 mil xp thrown on, let’s do it!! My goodness. Thanks to a bunch of legendary xp packs and grinding the featured WZ playlists when they would rotate, I finally got to the top of the mountain. Like you, just wanted to share a few memories...

- Got 100% commendations/unlocks except the 3 beta emblems, and the 3 season emblems I missed when I took a break, and the classic helmet req pack (I bought other cosmetic items before to try to 100% it, then I got annoyed that they kept trying to cash cow the cosmetics and vowed not to buy any other cosmetic stuff)

- Got my one and only killionaire in griffball, I’ll still take it.

- Got several 35 sprees, but never got the elusive unfrigg. Had a game where I went 36-0 but time ran out while I was in my Oni mantis and we had them triple capped (if this was before the change to 2 points per spartan kill, I would have gotten it). Also had a game in turbo where I went 40 + kills and the only death I had the entire game was when a teammate walked in front of me just as I pulled the trigger on the nornfang, resulting in my suicide :(

- Seeing some of these more famous top level players/youtubers get SO TRIGGERED when you throw down one little teabag or send one funny little passive aggressive message. OMG the mountain of messages in response. And how they talk like stereotypical gamer nerds lol. “You’re trying to ego me! You won’t last in the sweaty games I play! You’re pistol skills are weak!” It’s so easy to egg them on lmao!!

- Epic warzone comeback games (coming back from triple caps, etc)

- getting two perfection medals! And having some warzone games where I never died.

- Getting my first snipletaneous medal. Used a binary rifle and fired on a guy in the garage doorway of noctus, and there was another guy walking right by him! Didn’t think I’d ever get that medal.

- Reaching that mythic 152 level and knowing I can RETIRE until halo 6!

I really enjoyed halo 5, even with some glitches, imperfections, etc. still glad I got 3+ years of replay value out of this game! Now it’s time to rest... “Wake me when you need me...”
Great stories and feedback. (I was hoping others would share some of their memories whether they’ve hit 152 yet or not.) Thanks for sharing!
Massive Gratz man, I’ll get there! Not anytime soon but I’ll get there!