Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

152 reward confusion

OP theMINICHIEF

So after seeing the reward for Infinite I decided to try and reach 152 to get the reward. My confusion is that is the Watchdog coating the Watchdog armor or is the Watchdog coating the Watchdog armor colors. From my knowledge I thought coatings were only colors.
So after seeing the reward for Infinite I decided to try and reach 152 to get the reward. My confusion is that is the Watchdog coating the Watchdog armor or is the Watchdog coating the Watchdog armor colors. From my knowledge I thought coatings were only colors.
In the image you saw the Watchdog Armor Coating and weapon skin. Halo 5 Max Rank players will not be getting any new special armor.
In the image you saw the Watchdog Armor Coating and weapon skin. Halo 5 Max Rank players will not be getting any new special armor.
Ohhh ok thank you for the clarification
In addition to this, The Watchdog coating is only TWO of the rewards for reaching 152 in Halo 5. There is more but we do not know what that is yet.
I would assume maybe a emblem, nameplate or weapon charm perhaps.

Anyway, good luck with the grind! It’s a long road but is pretty fun!
I gotta check the announcement. Ok. Big post 🤘👍
Kinda cool, where did you see or hear where there were more than that coming?
Out of curiosity. I bailed on the game a few years back after regrettably purchasing more REQ packs than I should have. I played the game alot still, and thinking about getting a Series X just so that I could get myself back into the swing of the game. Plus this set of armor coatings is a nice incentive. I'm currently sitting at SR 92, so I still have 60 ranks to go. Assuming that I need to get a ton of exp for each level, would it still be feasible to actually make it to that rank before Infinite comes out? If so, what would be the best method be to help ease the grind, if only a little?
Rune174 wrote:
Out of curiosity. I bailed on the game a few years back after regrettably purchasing more REQ packs than I should have. I played the game alot still, and thinking about getting a Series X just so that I could get myself back into the swing of the game. Plus this set of armor coatings is a nice incentive. I'm currently sitting at SR 92, so I still have 60 ranks to go. Assuming that I need to get a ton of exp for each level, would it still be feasible to actually make it to that rank before Infinite comes out? If so, what would be the best method be to help ease the grind, if only a little?
Play Firefight and play when double XP is live and/or you have Legendary XP boosts.
tuhin94 wrote:
Rune174 wrote:
Play Firefight and play when double XP is live and/or you have Legendary XP boosts.
At least its good to have a goal for Infinite before it even comes out. I can't wait to play again ^^. Thank you for the advice.
Rune174 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Rune174 wrote:
At least its good to have a goal for Infinite before it even comes out. I can't wait to play again ^^. Thank you for the advice.
Warzone Turbo is also a great alternative. Ive gotten around 25000 xp per match with legendary xp boosts on. And also global double xp is on for this month.
Rune174 wrote:
I'm SR 94, so I totally get that haha
Can you still get the coating after the game is out? I am sitting at sr 146 but it is a MASSIVE grind so idk if I can make it before infinite.
Croll4909 wrote:
Can you still get the coating after the game is out? I am sitting at sr 146 but it is a MASSIVE grind so idk if I can make it before infinite.
Officially, they haven't specified. Thats very much up in the air as of now
SDdawg wrote:
Croll4909 wrote:
Officially, they haven't specified. Thats very much up in the air as of now
Ok thanks
I gotta check the announcement. Ok. Big post 🤘👍
Kinda cool, where did you see or hear where there were more than that coming?
From the December Inside Infinite (https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020):
Quote:
Halo 5 didn’t do a great job at rewarding our most engaged players (SR 152s), so we’ve added a few tokens of appreciation in Halo Infinite to help make up for that. Below you can see two of those tokens in the form of an exclusive armor coating and weapon coating
So there's at least one more thing coming :D
Coatings refer to the armor and weapon colours.