2 Million For Pros And What For Us?

OP BIGDADDY BOMBER

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
Please just make INFECTION. The the People's Republic of Spartans are crying out for our favorite gametype.
Please just make INFECTION. The the People's Republic of Spartans are crying out for our favorite gametype.
343 infection day woohoo lol
The Sector wrote:
v Stoney v wrote:
dgoBites wrote:
And that 2 million is a small percentage of the money they're making off the req packs...
I really doubt that, unless someone can back up the numbers, I doubt it's a 'small' percentage. Some of it comes from somewhere else no doubt. They'd have to get 100k people to spend 20$ each just to make the 2 million, and most of the players I know have never spent money on req packs, or anything in the game. Hell most people I know didn't even pay for the game (gameshare).

It's funny really, the players this tourny caters too, MLG players, are the ones who don't buy re packs (me included), as it's useless for Arena.
Lol and there are plenty who have. If they spend $200. on reqs then it only takes 10,000... Wow see how this formula changes real quick? :)
How many people do you think actually bought the 100$ pack, let alone 200$? It's up there around 1/1000 people for sure. I guarantee if you were to ask everyone you met in every game you played in matchmaking, nobody would have bought the 100$ pack.
Bottom line is that instead of feeding a couple dozen pros, put that money into more programmers for more maps, dlc, game varients, giveaways, halo 6, fixing MCC. That money could be used to fix halo, instead it feeds a couple dozen "pros" What a joke. I would be ashamed of myself if I was 343 for defecating on 99% of its community like this. Might as well just give the money to the Kardashians.
Fix Halo? There is nothing wrong with it. Halo 5 far and away the best iteration of Halo to date. Halo CE was okay, Halo 2 is an outstanding game but again, one must take this within context and remember it was released in 2004. For it's time it was a masterpiece. I remember the day I got it and played it and was blown away. Now, in 2015, compared to most current gen games it is slow and boring. Halo 3 campaign was weak. ODST sucked. Reach no thank you. Halo 4 things started to turn the corner as 343 took over. Forerunners are a great enemy as the Covenant was getting stale. Solid campaign and much better on the multiplayer side, still too slow but overall not a bad experience. Spartan Ops was also fun. Halo 4 was definitely a step in the right direction.

Halo 5 is a masterpiece. A perfect next gen iteration of Halo. The new combat and movement mechanics are superb and create fantastic new ways to engage an enemy and control a map. Sprint is a game changer and along with climbing and Jet Packs Halo actually feels like a current gen game. The ADS implementation was done in a really smart way and shooting has never felt better in Halo. The map design is excellent and Warzone is one of the most interesting and enjoyable multiplayer modes I have ever experienced. Arena is as good as it has ever been running at 60fps on solid dedicated servers. The campaign was great and playing as Locke was actually more enjoyable for me at this point than playing as the Chief. I like the Cortana spin and enjoyed the Warden Eternal encounters. Level design was fantastic. And of course let's not leave out Forge, which is far and away the best version of Forge to date.

Oh and before any idiot yaps that my service record says nothing about any prior Halo games, I played under a completely different gamertag back then and I actually got rid of my 360 and took some time away from gaming. I got back into it a few years ago and own both a PS4 and an XBox One and split time between both consoles. Furthermore, until Halo 5, I never once stepped foot in Waypoint. Never cared to. As we got closer to Halo 5 launch I figured I would join up since I spent most of my time on the PS4 and wanted to meet some people to play Halo 5 with. Now I deeply regret joining Waypoint, as it is one of the worst gaming communities I have ever been around. However, I will stay until I get hit with a Permaban and support Halo 5 against the haters and disgruntled vets stuck in 2007 wishing for a Halo 3 reboot. I am 36 and have watched the industry grow from a hobby nitch into a multi-billion dollar monster and have owned every console imaginable and PC gamed for years. Right now, the last two years to this moment encompasses the most enjoyable period of gaming I have ever experienced. I could never have imagined all those years ago how big this industry would get and how remarkable game development would become.

I sincerely thank 343 for making a fantastic game in Halo 5 and appreciate that they will be supporting the game with monthly updates. It is refreshing to see a developer who isn't trying to shove a Season Pass/DLC down your throat. I cannot wait to see what they have in store with Halo 6.
I know right 2 million for pros and nothing for us well if i owned the game i would have given everyone a wish so like anyone can choose one thing out of all them for free at the very beginning who thinks thats a good idea please consider joining my spartan company it's called frenzy squad
Entr0p1k wrote:
Bottom line is that instead of feeding a couple dozen pros, put that money into more programmers for more maps, dlc, game varients, giveaways, halo 6, fixing MCC. That money could be used to fix halo, instead it feeds a couple dozen "pros" What a joke. I would be ashamed of myself if I was 343 for defecating on 99% of its community like this. Might as well just give the money to the Kardashians.
Fix Halo? There is nothing wrong with it. Halo 5 far and away the best iteration of Halo to date. Halo CE was okay, Halo 2 is an outstanding game but again, one must take this within context and remember it was released in 2004. For it's time it was a masterpiece. I remember the day I got it and played it and was blown away. Now, in 2015, compared to most current gen games it is slow and boring. Halo 3 campaign was weak. ODST sucked. Reach no thank you. Halo 4 things started to turn the corner as 343 took over. Forerunners are a great enemy as the Covenant was getting stale. Solid campaign and much better on the multiplayer side, still too slow but overall not a bad experience. Spartan Ops was also fun. Halo 4 was definitely a step in the right direction.

Halo 5 is a masterpiece. A perfect next gen iteration of Halo. The new combat and movement mechanics are superb and create fantastic new ways to engage an enemy and control a map. Sprint is a game changer and along with climbing and Jet Packs Halo actually feels like a current gen game. The ADS implementation was done in a really smart way and shooting has never felt better in Halo. The map design is excellent and Warzone is one of the most interesting and enjoyable multiplayer modes I have ever experienced. Arena is as good as it has ever been running at 60fps on solid dedicated servers. The campaign was great and playing as Locke was actually more enjoyable for me at this point than playing as the Chief. I like the Cortana spin and enjoyed the Warden Eternal encounters. Level design was fantastic. And of course let's not leave out Forge, which is far and away the best version of Forge to date.

Oh and before any idiot yaps that my service record says nothing about any prior Halo games, I played under a completely different gamertag back then and I actually got rid of my 360 and took some time away from gaming. I got back into it a few years ago and own both a PS4 and an XBox One and split time between both consoles. Furthermore, until Halo 5, I never once stepped foot in Waypoint. Never cared to. As we got closer to Halo 5 launch I figured I would join up since I spent most of my time on the PS4 and wanted to meet some people to play Halo 5 with. Now I deeply regret joining Waypoint, as it is one of the worst gaming communities I have ever been around. However, I will stay until I get hit with a Permaban and support Halo 5 against the haters and disgruntled vets stuck in 2007 wishing for a Halo 3 reboot. I am 36 and have watched the industry grow from a hobby nitch into a multi-billion dollar monster and have owned every console imaginable and PC gamed for years. Right now, the last two years to this moment encompasses the most enjoyable period of gaming I have ever experienced. I could never have imagined all those years ago how big this industry would get and how remarkable game development would become.

I sincerely thank 343 for making a fantastic game in Halo 5 and appreciate that they will be supporting the game with monthly updates. It is refreshing to see a developer who isn't trying to shove a Season Pass/DLC down your throat. I cannot wait to see what they have in store with Halo 6.
Wrong. Odst is still one of the best Halos. Better than H5 by a long shot. Plus it looks like you haven't even played anything but H5. So a little biased much?
add infection please and rumble pit
Entr0p1k wrote:

Wrong. Odst is still one of the best Halos. Better than H5 by a long shot. Plus it looks like you haven't even played anything but H5. So a little biased much?
Oh you missed the part where I said I PLAYED UNDER A DIFFERENT GAMER TAG. Reading comprehension.

ODST was a joke. Lumbering around those poorly designed levels god that was a bad game. Never should have been made. Served no purpose.
Entr0p1k wrote:
Entr0p1k wrote:

Oh you missed the part where I said I PLAYED UNDER A DIFFERENT GAMER TAG. Reading comprehension.

ODST was a joke. Lumbering around those poorly designed levels god that was a bad game. Never should have been made. Served no purpose.
Chill man. I was kidding.

But seriously. ODST has the best voice acting and cast in the series. Hands down. I wish Nathan sounded half as good in H5 as he did in ODST.
Entr0p1k wrote:
Entr0p1k wrote:

Chill man. I was kidding.

But seriously. ODST has the best voice acting and cast in the series. Hands down. I wish Nathan sounded half as good in H5 as he did in ODST.
Nathan sounded fine. My god some of you will find the most ridiculous things to nitpick about in Halo 5. Nathan Fillion sounded like Nathan Fillion. Buck is Buck is Buck. Fillion was excellent in Halo 5. Heck everyone in Osiris was excellent. I enjoyed playing Locke and Osiris missions more than the Chief.
Entr0p1k wrote:

Im not saying 5 is trash. Ive played since CE on PC, and I enjoy 5s mobility, graphics, gamepley , and weapon sandbox is perfectly balanced. Im just saying 2 mil would get us enough devs to crank out a pile more maps and the variants we are missing. Also fix MCC. Dont be blinded by fanboyishness and unable to believe 5 could get better. (P.S. Locke blows, when chiefs dead so is Halo.)
this game was made by pros for pros...which is ironic since Activision just bought MLG (that means MLG CoD YAY! -_-)...all we players get is more REQs to help fund the tournaments.
Don't exactly agree
We don't get anything. Halo 5 was only released 4 months ago and I'm already anticipating halo 6, not to buy it, but to see how it'll turn out. And if it's 10 step backwards like how halo 5 was then guess I'll just have to bid goodbye to good o'l chief and watch over him from far away on a distant star called youtube.
ronnie42 wrote:
You knew what you'd be getting when you put money into the REQ system.
This is why I don't because NOBODY know's what there really getting, even now barely anyone know's what coming from now till June except a minor update for January.
Basically, the req system is random which is why you could open a hundred silver packs wanting that card, one person opens a gold or the silver and gets it ina few trys...
I Daren I wrote:
SDMEME wrote:
I Daren I wrote:
SDMEME wrote:
CofC wrote:
I like that halo's best can earn a buttload of cash playing a game I love. Just like I don't begrudge a great athlete or entertainer for making millions.
Except the people taking home the money are neither entertainers nor athletes. They are people playing a video game and downing energy drinks.
Except they are entertainers. They are entertaining the thousands of people watching the championship. You're acting as if they aren't doing anything to take home this money like committing themselves to practicing this game everyday. If it's as easy as "playing a video game and downing energy drinks" why don't you do it?
Lol. You're wrong, goodnight.
Wow you had some really valid points there .. Lol you really proved me wrong.
I sure did ;), hope you learned something from this experience.
Just give me a stable working service.
You know, it really just amazes me how entitled some people think they are towards everything.

You already have an amazing online first person shooter that gets free updates every month, and matches you up with players close to your skill level as consistently as ive ever seen...

and what, what do you even want now?
This game happens to feature a way to unlock stuff that just happens to optionally be purchased with money, you get what you pay for, some random items, and they add the money to the hcs championship reward.

Lastly, those pro players are playing in a tournament, for money, if you have a problem with those players having a chance at earning then I hope you have that firey passion against sports too, because people who are the paragons of pretty much anything are pretty likely to make a living off of it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15