Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

3,000 WZ games completed and was farmed 10 times

OP RowdyGringo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I see all this talk about farming recently on the forums. I have 3,000 WZ games completed, and was maybe farmed 10 times total. 3-4 I joined a game in progress where the team was farming. 5 of that was a full on farming from the beginning of the game. I don't run in a full lobby either, 95% of those games I ran solo.
I wouldn't say it's a wide spread problem as people make it out to be. To avoid getting farmed, avoid the farming lobbies before you start the game. If you see a bunch of high ranked emblems or ones that are hard to get in the starting lobby, backout if you're concerned.
Seems the meta right now in WZ is to quick core, because people are starting to get red rep. There is a system in place, very hard for 343 to regualte it. Like any sport sometimes teams run up the score. Not always fair, but it happens in life.
I'm at 2 or 3 out of around 600....so about the same odds
How does one identify a farmed game? I mean it doesn't outright say "This was a Farm Victory." Kind of hard to give a number when there isn't an exact description of what you are trying to put a value on. It's like saying, out of the 4000 gulps of air I took, only 3 were slightly under quality.
It's not a problem. It's a minority that is raising he'll becuase it's not what they want. It seems to be the reason most major changes in the game have happened.
How does one identify a farmed game? I mean it doesn't outright say "This was a Farm Victory." Kind of hard to give a number when there isn't an exact description of what you are trying to put a value on. It's like saying, out of the 4000 gulps of air I took, only 3 were slightly under quality.
It's Halo i think you mean 3000 were of mouth
I've played less and been farmed more, but I still feel it happens so rarely that it hasn't appeared to me to be the 'end of the world scenario' that some are making it out to be.

In all honesty, I treat it almost as a meta game and either try to sneak all the way over to the other side of the map or see how long I can hid in my base. I almost always send a crouch-hump signal to a random teammate that joins me in my endeavors as well!
I see all this talk about farming recently on the forums. I have 3,000 WZ games completed, and was maybe farmed 10 times total. 3-4 I joined a game in progress where the team was farming. 5 of that was a full on farming from the beginning of the game. I don't run in a full lobby either, 95% of those games I ran solo.
I wouldn't say it's a wide spread problem as people make it out to be. To avoid getting farmed, avoid the farming lobbies before you start the game. If you see a bunch of high ranked emblems or ones that are hard to get in the starting lobby, backout if you're concerned.
Seems the meta right now in WZ is to quick core, because people are starting to get red rep. There is a system in place, very hard for 343 to regualte it. Like any sport sometimes teams run up the score. Not always fair, but it happens in life.
Alternatively you've been lucky.
But how many times where there also blow out matches. I've only been in a farming situation once and I quit. But I have been on the losing side of many blowout matches where we lost by like 1000- 200 or worse. there for a while it was about 25% of the matches. Now that seems to be gone since they limited the fireteams to 6 people. Now at least for the last few weeks I'm seeing many more much closer matches, at least compared to the blowout matches.
Farming can sometimes be done ''unintentionally'' by randoms due to the defenders of the core spawning right at it.
But hey let's report everyone because we think it could have been farming. We're not entirely sure if it was actually farming but better safe than sorry. (These kids are by far the worst.)
I dont think I have ever been farmed. At least not my team.
But hey let's report everyone because we think it could have been farming. We're not entirely sure if it was actually farming but better safe than sorry. (These kids are by far the worst.)
*Gets beat badly*

*Complains on Waypoint*
l Jinxed I wrote:
*Gets beat badly*

*Complains on Waypoint*
Clearly the better people were farming. so if u lose 9/10 times then thats because u got farmed. damn farmers ruining the game for us smh How dare the better people kill us more often
LKG Gluby wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
*Gets beat badly*

*Complains on Waypoint*
Clearly the better people were farming. so if u lose 9/10 times then thats because u got farmed. damn farmers ruining the game for us smh How dare the better people kill us more often
COMPETITIVE PLAYERS ARE KILLING HALO!
l Jinxed I wrote:
LKG Gluby wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
*Gets beat badly*

*Complains on Waypoint*
COMPETITIVE PLAYERS ARE KILLING HALO!
Competitive players are farmers... it makes sense now!!! *cues the illoilmitieieieieiie song*
Agreed OP, I've played alot, and been farmed probably two or three times. I've never seen it as a problem, it doesn't happen often enough for me to care.
I stopped playing WarZone mostly because it would happen to me every few matches. It certainty wasn't a majority of the time, but it is annoying enough to make me stop playing. The game mode is just not enough fun to play if farming has even a remote possibility of occurring.
Agreed OP, I've played a lot, and been farmed probably two or three times. I've never seen it as a problem, it doesn't happen often enough for me to care.
I really don't think it happens as frequently as people complain. I think a lot of kids just get beat badly and mistake it for "farming."
Agreed OP, I've played a lot, and been farmed probably two or three times. I've never seen it as a problem, it doesn't happen often enough for me to care.
I really don't think it happens as frequently as people complain. I think a lot of kids just get beat badly and mistake it for "farming."
Yep. that's probably 90% of the complaints
YouthNAsia wrote:
Yep. that's probably 90% of the complaints
I think a lot of it just happens because of how WZ is designed. If you get pinned in at your first armory it can be very hard to push out and leaving from the home base can be just as difficult if the opposing team is set up to block your path around to the other armory.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3