Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

30 CSR loss for lagouts is unreasonable

OP lSITIEIAILITIHl

Losing 30 CSR is absolutely unreasonable, enough is enough and this needs to change. I have been playing Halo since the beginning, I have put up with aspects of various games that I did not agree with over the years but this is somthing that has frustrated me more than any other. Im not the best but have been prevented from maintaining champ level because of this over and over every season. For instance last season I lost close to 300 CSR from lagouts in a single playlist. So one could ask, well why not just get a better internet provider...... Well many many people only have one option in their areas in which they live by no fault of their own. Such people are at the mercy for internet service by these provides and have no control over when maintenace is being conducted and from throttling practices n such. This type of thing causes lagouts resulting in the 30 CSR per game loss which is overkill from preventing people leaving games even, the reason for which this was implemented. Its 2020, there should definetely be way to determine a lagout versus a intentional quit. If this can not be accomplished then I recommend reducing the csr loss to 10 or somthing very close to that. We all know the fps market has become very saturated with many various titles and Halo has suffered because of that, some would say its almost dead. I dont want that, little things like this matter, I know I'm not alone on this.
I do agree and wish there was a way for the system to recognize a lagout vs a quit/dashboard
Losing 30 CSR is absolutely unreasonable, enough is enough and this needs to change. I have been playing Halo since the beginning, I have put up with aspects of various games that I did not agree with over the years but this is somthing that has frustrated me more than any other. Im not the best but have been prevented from maintaining champ level because of this over and over every season. For instance last season I lost close to 300 CSR from lagouts in a single playlist. So one could ask, well why not just get a better internet provider...... Well many many people only have one option in their areas in which they live by no fault of their own. Such people are at the mercy for internet service by these provides and have no control over when maintenace is being conducted and from throttling practices n such. This type of thing causes lagouts resulting in the 30 CSR per game loss which is overkill from preventing people leaving games even, the reason for which this was implemented. Its 2020, there should definetely be way to determine a lagout versus a intentional quit. If this can not be accomplished then I recommend reducing the csr loss to 10 or somthing very close to that. We all know the fps market has become very saturated with many various titles and Halo has suffered because of that, some would say its almost dead. I dont want that, little things like this matter, I know I'm not alone on this.
You're right, you're not alone. I have this same problem and it really does piss me off, but I support your statement. It's 2020, this shouldn't be happening.
Sucks it's happening, but I doubt they're going to change a working system for something that isn't a widespread issue.
Its 2020, there should definetely be way to determine a lagout versus a intentional quit.
I do agree and wish there was a way for the system to recognize a lagout vs a quit/dashboard
This can be detected easily. What can't be detected is disconnecting from your own network / disconnecting from the server - the game just sees you as no longer being there and has no way to determine why. Due to that both need disconnections need to be treated the same, otherwise players would be able to pull their ethernet / switch off WiFi / turn off their box and escape a loss for free without penalty.
stckrboy wrote:
Its 2020, there should definetely be way to determine a lagout versus a intentional quit.
This can be detected easily. What can't be detected is disconnecting from your own network / disconnecting from the server - the game just sees you as no longer being there and has no way to determine why. Due to that both need disconnections need to be treated the same, otherwise players would be able to pull their ethernet / switch off WiFi / turn off their box and escape a loss for free without penalty.
Perfect answer, maybe the option to reconnect to the server? Seems very out of date that we can not rejoin games we have lagged out of.
stckrboy wrote:
I do agree with the rank system as a whole. Players should have to earn their rank based on performance and not just get backpacked to higher ranks. However there are many decent players who cant maintain/obtain higher onyx/champ ranks because of this issue. 30 CSR is alot, being potentially 30 plus games needed to be won just to make up for one lagout. I myself have experieced 3 or 4 lagouts in a day before which makes for an extremely frustrating experience. I would say that the best compromised answer to this would be to simply bring the lagout penalty down to a 10 CSR loss. IntentionaI quiters would still get penalized and those who lag out would get less so. I for one could live with that as being the solution.