Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343, all you want is money...

OP Justima

Another mythic REQ pack is live, now it is Tartarus' Gavel for $10. What a joke continuation of Prophet's Bane. I remember 343's justification for REQ system being random, which was to balance the game, by mean to prevent players from buying specific things and spamming in Warzone. Now you have broke your thing and it is absurd. Defenders will tell me it is obtainable through REQ points and optional. When you say it is optional think about other systems. DLC is optional and items in pay to win games are also optional, Halo 5 is not any different. The pack asks for too much REQ points that most people don't even have that amount, thus it wants you to spend money. Defenders will say 343 is business and they are there to make money, but they don't need to milk the game to make money. There are other games without micro-transaction and those creators are doing fine and not in a poverty that defenders think 343 is in. REQ system is there to grab more money as much as they want. They don't need extra money. I would honestly prefer a game without any post-launch support with having no -Yoink- system like Requisition System and enjoying my vanilla $60 game. They are really seeing their customers as a bunch of idiots. When will those idiots milk their business. I hope you know the time to impoverish them.
Well, yeah, 343 is a company. You know what companies do? Make money. You know why they do that? Because they want money.

I dislike the idea of Month of Mythic as well, but 343 and Microsoft are out there to make money, so they probably aren't going to stop it.
It's always been a "month of mythics" therefore there's at least 2 more to come,

It is optional, it's not gamebreaking so what's the issue exactly?

If they spawn 2 or 3, spawn rockets, it's not hard.

Every game now (unfortunately) has micro transactions, and at least the updates are free.

To me it's just people moaning because they want to be the only ones with certain weapons.
Jazzle2K14 wrote:
It's always been a "month of mythics" therefore there's at least 2 more to come,

Every game now (unfortunately) has micro transactions, and at least the updates are free.

To me it's just people moaning because they want to be the only ones with certain weapons.
That's not at all what people are saying, and it's a foolish thing to believe.
Well, yeah, 343 is a company. You know what companies do? Make money. You know why they do that? Because they want money.
I hate this argument. Yeah we get it, people like/need money. Companies especially like/need money.

Not every Developer is looking at their game and going "how can we make this game be the biggest cash cow out there" That is usually the Publishers job. Devs are meant to be the creative types who want to create the most engaging experience possible. Even doing updates and stuff because the game and the experience require it, not because they can stuff in a few extra skins that people will throw money at.
Justima wrote:
When will those idiots milk their business. I hope you know the time to impoverish them.
I guess you could say they want to have their cake and eat it too. That 343 is a glutton for profit. That they're gobbling our cash. That we might get swallowed up. I think I've read this doujin.
...I want money too
Richnj wrote:
I hate this argument. Yeah we get it, people like/need money. Companies especially like/need money.

Not every Developer is looking at their game and going "how can we make this game be the biggest cash cow out there" That is usually the Publishers job. Devs are meant to be the creative types who want to create the most engaging experience possible. Even doing updates and stuff because the game and the experience require it, not because they can stuff in a few extra skins that people will throw money at.
Well, sadly, 343 is one of those developers that does look at their game that way. Their publisher doesn't help matters at all.
Dude, have you ever felt a pile of money? It feels -Yoinking!- fantastic. I find it hard to blame them.
Jazzle2K14 wrote:

You don't see these getting more aggressive as time goes on? These packs are literally the definition of pay to win.
It's just going to get worse. On the plus side, I hardly see people use that gavel in WZ and it's one of my least used REQ's.
Richnj wrote:

This is fact and the crux of the issue. When you have a developer and publisher relationship like 343/Microsoft, Bungie/Activision, Infinity Ward/Activision, Anyone/Activision, the publisher has a LOT more pull than they would under a normal title. These developers are directly funded by the publishers, not us. We pay money for the game which goes to the publisher who then spends it as they see fit. Unfortunately due to this platform that means the publisher will instruct Developers to create more "assets" to push sales in one form or another. The only time this relationship isn't toxic towards the consumer is when the developer has enough financial pull/investment that they can also set terms with the publisher.
Its definitely not pay to win, chances are you'll get killed before you get close enough to use the hammer. I don't like the req system much but it has always been, from day 1, a BLATANT cash grab for 343. There are enough other problems with this game, this isn't high on my list. I've bought req lacks before (not with my own money, with credit rewards points of course lol) for weapon skins (HCS red br hehe), and I have a message to those who think this will help them win at warzone...

Buy your Tartarus gavel, and I'll take that tactical magnum and perfect kill you and then teabag the hell out of your corpse. Then I'll use the salt from your tears to season my steaktacular on you in arena :)

If you have the cash to spend on such a silly thing, who cares. You're not smart to buy it, but go for it if it makes you happy
all I want to say is its not 343 who put the REQ packs in halo 5 it was Microsoft 343 is just getting blamed for Microsoft so please stop saying its 343s fault because its not its not its Microsoft fault for the REQ pack month of mythic all of it Microsoft.

Then a defender will Say: well em its optional.
optional my -Yoink- REQ packs were done horribly maby if they lowered the REQ points cost maby people wouldn't be this upset but no Microsoft raised it to over 100K seriously 100K this -Yoink- should be 20K at the very least

lets see another defender step up: Well its not play to win

it is pay to win but in another way its pay to have advantage and another defender might say: well how do I have an advantage over you if I buy a mythic sword

hello you are invisible with a one shot weapon if you get close how is that fair?

thank you Microsoft for taking one of my favourite franchise's of all time and trying to ruin it!

Microsoft we ruin franchises for money.
all I want to say is its not 343 who put the REQ packs in halo 5 it was Microsoft 343 is just getting blamed for Microsoft so please stop saying its 343s fault because its not its not its Microsoft fault for the REQ pack month of mythic all of it Microsoft.

Then a defender will Say: well em its optional.
optional my -Yoink- REQ packs were done horribly maby if they lowered the REQ points cost maby people wouldn't be this upset but no Microsoft raised it to over 100K seriously 100K this -Yoink- should be 20K at the very least

lets see another defender step up: Well its not play to win

it is pay to win but in another way its pay to have advantage and another defender might say: well how do I have an advantage over you if I buy a mythic sword

hello you are invisible with a one shot weapon if you get close how is that fair?

thank you Microsoft for taking one of my favourite franchise's of all time and trying to ruin it!

Microsoft we ruin franchises for money.
343 is division of Microsoft. It could have been Microsoft Studio developing Halo, but instead they established 343 Industries. You know, blaming the publisher is also not good behavior. They order or tell the developers to do something and what we get is done by developers. Reskin works are done by 343, not Microsoft. Also there is no evidence indicating Microsoft is one who told them to implement REQ system, for right now, all we know is 343 implemented.
Richnj wrote:

This is fact and the crux of the issue. When you have a developer and publisher relationship like 343/Microsoft, Bungie/Activision, Infinity Ward/Activision, Anyone/Activision, the publisher has a LOT more pull than they would under a normal title. These developers are directly funded by the publishers, not us. We pay money for the game which goes to the publisher who then spends it as they see fit. Unfortunately due to this platform that means the publisher will instruct Developers to create more "assets" to push sales in one form or another. The only time this relationship isn't toxic towards the consumer is when the developer has enough financial pull/investment that they can also set terms with the publisher.
Don't forget too that Microsoft created 343. It's really a Microsoft/Microsoft relationship.
There are plenty of free games on the marketplace. You know those ones that last for years and years.
yo creo que no tienes recs y eso te molesta :v
They're a business.