Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

343 do you really listen to us?

OP XHeadsxShotzXLv

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Ok so ket me start off by saying ive been a halo fan since Halo 2, ive tried in all my power to collect and read everything related to halo. With thay being said.
343 these updates. And unfinished game you gave us at launch is a giant middle finger to all veteran Halo players.
343 claims to listen to fans
Fans respond in saying, hey we want more permanent playlists, hey we want to bring back older weapons. Hey bring back the falcon since we need a unsc aerial veh., hey can we get remakes of maps?
343's response? - ok so after listening to what the fans want, we decided to give you more weapon skins! More varianta of certain things! Oh you wanted a falcon? Yeah dnt worry heres this phateon. And yeah we heard you about remakes of maps! So heres a remix of torque...STASIS!!!.
Seriously just a big middle finger to us all 343.
Before you respond in saying "but we had no time to implement it at launch" BULL -Yoink-!!! its been 8 months Now and you still havent completed the game!!! SMH get your heads out of your assholr 343.
  • Gives Infection
  • Gives new Carnage Report
  • Literally removes a mechanic they placed in last update that everyone hated (Speed Boost Spartan Charge)
"Not listening to fans".

I don't remember 343i ever promising a falcon. Not one person has given any real reason to why it should be including in Halo 5's gameplay other than it being a prop in Forge/Custom Games, because in BTB and Warzone it'd be fundamentally useless.

People want a lot of things. That doesn't mean everyone is entitled to get them.

You know what happened when 343i gave the community remakes of old BTB maps like Valhalla? People complained because of huge sightlines and how it doesn't fit with Halo 5's gameplay.
I suspect that a lot of the content for these updates has been planned way in advance. So they follow their time-line while doing what they can with fan feedback. My biggest gripe right now is the lack of forge created maps in the arena and slayer playlists. I'm hoping that they were simply waiting for forge textures to get added, but I realize that's highly unlikely. Still I can hope.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
They are also removing grifball in a few weeks apparently.
  • Gives Infection
  • Literally removes a mechanic they placed in last update that everyone hated (Speed Boost Spartan Charge)
"Not listening to fans".

I don't remember 343i ever promising a falcon. Not one person has given any real reason to why it should be including in Halo 5's gameplay other than it being a prop in Forge/Custom Games, because in BTB and Warzone it'd be fundamentally useless.

People want a lot of things. That doesn't mean everyone is entitled to get them.

You know what happened when 343i gave the community remakes of old BTB maps like Valhalla? People complained because of huge sightlines and how it doesn't fit with Halo 5's gameplay.
To be honest the "new" carnage report is something I believe should have been there at launch. It is something there has always been and Is a REALLY big part of matchmaking, even the MVP feature is missing.

I could understand that features are missing if it was due to a premature release because of microsoft or 343 trying to compete with other franchises BUT they should not rush games like Halo and then add features later. While I don't think this is what happened We have seen it happen before with big games who compete with each other.
Al Dog5452 wrote:
This will probably get locked, moderators don't like people spreading the truth, I completely agree with you though.
We moderate based on what does and does not break the rules, doesn't matter what side anyone is on
Ok so ket me start off by saying ive been a halo fan since Halo 2, ive tried in all my power to collect and read everything related to halo. With thay being said.
343 these updates. And unfinished game you gave us at launch is a giant middle finger to all veteran Halo players.
Fans respond in saying, hey we want more permanent playlists, hey we want to bring back older weapons. Hey bring back the falcon since we need a unsc aerial veh., hey can we get remakes of maps?
343's response? - ok so after listening to what the fans want, we decided to give you more weapon skins! More varianta of certain things! Oh you wanted a falcon? Yeah dnt worry heres this phateon. And yeah we heard you about remakes of maps! So heres a remix of torque...STASIS!!!.
Before you respond in saying "but we had no time to implement it at launch" BULL -Yoink-!!! its been 8 months Now and you still havent completed the game!!! SMH get your heads out of your assholr 343.
A lot of the things people are requesting take a lot of time to impliment. Also, 343 has player data that we don't have access to, that influences their decision making.

People have been wanting a Falcon since Memories of Reach was announced. But does anyone have any idea what it takes to bring a new, unplanned vehicle into a game.

Regarding maps, 343 should recognize that people don't like the remix concept. But Stasis, for example has been in development for years.considering how long it takes to make these maps, If they dropped the remix concept, we wouldn't have gotten ANY new maps since launch.

regarding weapons, they have brought back old ones. SPNKr , Halo CE pistol, halo 2 BR, brute plasma rifle, Gravity hammer...

The truth is, some fan feedback can be implemented quickly (forge suggestions, social playlists, weapons balancing), some take a long time (creating brand new assets, new game modes, etc)
A lot of the things people are requesting take a lot of time to impliment. Also, 343 has player data that we don't have access to, that influences their decision making.

People have been wanting a Falcon since Memories of Reach was announced. But does anyone have any idea what it takes to bring a new, unplanned vehicle into a game.

Regarding maps, 343 should recognize that people don't like the remix concept. But Stasis, for example has been in development for years.considering how long it takes to make these maps, If they dropped the remix concept, we wouldn't have gotten ANY new maps since launch.

regarding weapons, they have brought back old ones. SPNKr , Halo CE pistol, halo 2 BR, brute plasma rifle, Gravity hammer...

The truth is, some fan feedback can be implemented quickly (forge suggestions, social playlists, weapons balancing), some take a long time (creating brand new assets, new game modes, etc)
Oh thank God, somebody else said it. A lot of the requested features take serious time to implement, 343 are doing what they can. You just had to watch the last livestream to know that they're listening.

"The community... politely requested that we add Infection."
"Some of them anyway."
... You can't be serious.
Hate to break it to you but playing Halo since 2009 doesn't make you a veteran.

As for everything else i have no idea what you're talking about lol. And this is coming from someone who didn't rebuy this game to give it another chance until a month ago.
stckrboy wrote:
Al Dog5452 wrote:
This will probably get locked, moderators don't like people spreading the truth, I completely agree with you though.
We moderate based on what does and does not break the rules, doesn't matter what side anyone is on
Well, there's a bypass of the word filter at the end of his post. But I completely agree with him on what 343 is doing.
  • Gives Infection
"Not listening to fans".

Yet game modes people love like GRIFBALL, FIESTA, and SUPER FIESTA are now unplayable except when they randomly come back into rotation.

The playlists should look like this: Ranked Arena, Social Arena, Arena Modifiers(could be grouped into Social Arena), Warzone, Firefight.

I am by no means a great player but im also not horrible, halo was the first game i was passionate about because of the social aspect of it. Halo 5 has no split screen, no offline coop,no casual game modes,and missing so many fundamentally essential pieces to make custom games possible. 343i and Moderators please listen to us we LOVE halo but we want a more user friendly Halo not more Pizza skins and you have the best forge yet and you are letting in collect dust...
Yes they listen to us. But just like every other company out there they have to work with their own scheduling too. You guys can say whatever but I like how 343i has improved over the years. No, they're not Bungie, but I really don't think they're trying to be Bungie, they want to be known for putting they're own flare on the franchise.
They are also removing grifball in a few weeks apparently.
To work on the game mode, apparently
They only hear what they want to hear sometimes. But, who can blame them? This community can get pretty toxic sometimes.
It's hard to argue any side in this debate. Seriously, 343 has given us lots of great things that we've asked for, but at the same time they aren't giving us anything else that we want. I don't know what to make of there situation. It's almost like, * dons tinfoil hat* they are trying to confuse and disorient us!!!
343 have given us alot though
Al Dog5452 wrote:
How are they not listening?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3