[Locked] 343 Have Messed Up Once Again

OP Gamer Freak

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Okay so as many of you may know they're releasing an update for Halo 5 called Memories of Reach. I personally believe 343 Industries haven't even played Halo Reach due to the fact that Emile's armor isn't complete and because of this I am now assuming that the other Reach armors will be incomplete. If you look closely at all the Emile armor pictures and videos you will notice that the body armor is wrong. Emile had the assault/sapper body armor and he is missing his unique machete on his right shoulder which is what makes him a bad--Yoink- in the original Halo Reach game. Why 343 are changing original armors? I have no idea but it's disgusting, wrong and is an insult to the game. If you're going to release an old armor from an older game make it properly or don't make it at all 343, it's not Emile's armor without the assault/sapper body or without his unique right shoulder machete. I guess all the other original Reach armors will be all messed up as well now which is a shame. Anyway you better fix this issue 343 because trust me it doesn't look good on your behalf to the Halo community giving them 'fake' armors, I take it not many people have realised this but they will now. Anyway if you're in support of Emile's armor and the rest of Noble team please leave a comment. I personally haven't seen the other armors but I assume they'll all be out of place like this one. Also before I go, 343 said clearly that the new Firefight boss isn't Warden Eternal but guess what it says above his head? WARDEN ETERNAL! What a coincidence.
343 are stupid to try and change original armours, we don't want variations of it, we want to wear the same armour of the characters that we love from Reach
We never got the exact armors from Reach either. And your beloved Bungie made those ones.
they did that because it would interfear with the hit box. I mean would you want a disadvantage? Would you want to be killed easier?
Okay so as many of you may know they're releasing an update for Halo 5 called Memories of Reach. I personally believe 343 Industries haven't even played Halo Reach due to the fact that Emile's armor isn't complete and because of this I am now assuming that the other Reach armors will be incomplete. If you look closely at all the Emile armor pictures and videos you will notice that the body armor is wrong. Emile had the assault/sapper body armor and he is missing his unique machete on his right shoulder which is what makes him a bad--Yoink- in the original Halo Reach game. Why 343 are changing original armors? I have no idea but it's disgusting, wrong and is an insult to the game. If you're going to release an old armor from an older game make it properly or don't make it at all 343, it's not Emile's armor without the assault/sapper body or without his unique right shoulder machete. I guess all the other original Reach armors will be all messed up as well now which is a shame. Anyway you better fix this issue 343 because trust me it doesn't look good on your behalf to the Halo community giving them 'fake' armors, I take it not many people have realised this but they will now. Anyway if you're in support of Emile's armor and the rest of Noble team please leave a comment. I personally haven't seen the other armors but I assume they'll all be out of place like this one. Also before I go, 343 said clearly that the new Firefight boss isn't Warden Eternal but guess what it says above his head? WARDEN ETERNAL! What a coincidence.
You totally blew the lid of this shocking and inexcusable scandal.
All jokes aside, the differences seem too minor to be this upset about.
Now if you have an issue with my opinion and how I feel about it, then go about it in a corner pal. Oh and before I finish up you had quite a few spelling errors you might want to fix, cheers!
Telling someone to "go about it in a corner" is not an appropriate response to someone disagreeing with your opinion. Especially when you start your thread with a borderline flamebait title.

You're entitled to your opinion but disparaging remarks like this made to others is not acceptable. If it continues, your thread will be locked.
Nor is calling someone a little -Yoink-, desperate or anything else. I suggest you pay more attention to the comments made beforehand instead of telling me what's right and what is wrong thanks!
You sure have some guts to talk back to a monitor like that. It was pretty reckless.
I still don't get the obsession with armor and cosmetics. IF you could see your character in game all the time, then I would understand. I just don't get it. But I come for the generation that played when everybody's characters were all the same.
Chief Canuck did a video breakdown on it he said it was moved and changed probably for the purpose of hitboxes and so your spartan doesn't stand out like sore thumb giving an unfair advantage.

Link to video
Now if you have an issue with my opinion and how I feel about it, then go about it in a corner pal. Oh and before I finish up you had quite a few spelling errors you might want to fix, cheers!
Telling someone to "go about it in a corner" is not an appropriate response to someone disagreeing with your opinion. Especially when you start your thread with a borderline flamebait title.

You're entitled to your opinion but disparaging remarks like this made to others is not acceptable. If it continues, your thread will be locked.
Nor is calling someone a little -Yoink-, desperate or anything else. I suggest you pay more attention to the comments made beforehand instead of telling me what's right and what is wrong thanks!
To be fair the mods have a right to say whats right and wrong here. Two wrongs don't make a right, retaliating like that is how you spark up flamewars, if the original person made remarks like "little -Yoink-, desperate or anything else", simply report it and move on, lets the mods deal with it.
Yet another thread about something that does not matter, it's close enough. Why are you acting like a child over this?
Okay so as many of you may know they're releasing an update for Halo 5 called Memories of Reach. I personallybelieve 343 Industries haven't even played Halo Reach due to the fact that Emile's armor isn't his complete and because of this I am now assuming that the other Reach armors will be incomplete. If you look closely at all the Emile armor pictures and videos you will notice that the body armor is wrong. Emile had the assault/sapper body armor and he is missing his unique machete on his right shoulder which is what makes him a bad--Yoink- in the original Halo Reach game. Why 343 are changing original armors? I have no idea but it's disgusting, wrong and is an insult to the game. If you're going to release an old armor from an older game make it properly or don't make it at all 343, it's not Emile's armor without the assault/sapper body or without his unique right shoulder machete. I guess all the other original Reach armors will be all messed up as well now which is a shame. Anyway you better fix this issue 343 because trust me it doesn't look good on your behalf to the Halo community giving them 'fake' armors, I take it not many people have realised this but they will now. Anyway if you're in support of Emile's armor and the rest of Noble team please leave a comment. I personally haven't seen the other armors but I.assume they'll all be out of place like this one. Also begore I go, 343 said clearly that the new Firefight boss isn't Warden Eternal but guess what it says above his head? WARDEN TERNAL! What a coincidence
I have to agree. If you are going to introduced classic armor's from previous games they should have the defining features of the original.

I also agree that were seriously don't need any more Warden's. Why not look through Halo's past and find some bad -Yoink- bosses? Anyone remember that big -Yoink- sentinel from Halo 2? I'd love to see those return but a lot more deadly.
Ah the Guardian Sentinel. So many memories.
I agree, also the blade is on the wrong shoulder. Its kind of frustrating to look at don't know why they changed it :/ The ONLY thing i can accept is them not bringing the mechanical arm into Halo 5, i understand the player models work differently than too reach and to change it for one armour piece would be unnecessary.; As for the rest. they need to nail it.

However, stop -Yoink- on 343i as it they are usless, they have put a lot of work into Halo, if you ask nicely they will fix it. But calling them out on every thing making them out to be idiots will only give them less faith.
OP is just nitpicking here. The Kukri blade is still there, it was just moved onto the chest piece. There's still grenades there, just not as many as there were on Reach.
Agreed. As someone who loves Emile and plans on wearing the armor, the recreation is very accurate and appropriate for Spartan IVs. OP, quit looking for things to complain about.
^^^^^As USS Galactica said^^^^^^
As in the final boss? Or the red Warden Eternal that pops up?
Can't believe some one would have so much salt over something so minor.
So.... You're upset about a FREE update, for an armor variation... thats missing a knife... That you can't use?

Side note.... The update isn't even out yet, so lets hold off on jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers until we actually get it shall we?

I for one and super excited for this update

COme on guys.... Lets stay positive
Like so many people have said, this post is pointless. If you just can't stand the blade being on a different side, then just don't wear it. Don't play halo if this incredibly insignificant detail bothers you so much. The community, as you can see, certainly does not care that much and are just happy to wear emiles armor and look awesome.
And believe it or not, this isn't the first post about the kukri placement on Emile's armors. Why so many people get upset over the tiniest of things is beyond me.

Side note: Would wearing Emile's armor allow you to assassinate with the kukri instead of the standard combat knife? I know that is probably a long shot...but would be totally sweet if so.
erickyboo wrote:
... "Disgusting, wrong and an insult to the game"? Seriously? Minor adaptations, and such strong words? I'm not sure I am able to take this with too much seriousness.
The response seems too over exaggerated, I didn't think it was serious at first.

There will more than likely be some changes from different games. Sure, they can make things pretty close but sometimes some changes are made and it's fine.
You need to be much, much more outraged by this. I can't even tell if that's Emile's armor! They should call this update "Fuzzy Recollections of Reach".
Okay so as many of you may know they're releasing an update for Halo 5 called Memories of Reach. I personallybelieve 343 Industries haven't even played Halo Reach due to the fact that Emile's armor isn't his complete and because of this I am now assuming that the other Reach armors will be incomplete. If you look closely at all the Emile armor pictures and videos you will notice that the body armor is wrong. Emile had the assault/sapper body armor and he is missing his unique machete on his right shoulder which is what makes him a bad--Yoink- in the original Halo Reach game. Why 343 are changing original armors? I have no idea but it's disgusting, wrong and is an insult to the game. If you're going to release an old armor from an older game make it properly or don't make it at all 343, it's not Emile's armor without the assault/sapper body or without his unique right shoulder machete. I guess all the other original Reach armors will be all messed up as well now which is a shame. Anyway you better fix this issue 343 because trust me it doesn't look good on your behalf to the Halo community giving them 'fake' armors, I take it not many people have realised this but they will now. Anyway if you're in support of Emile's armor and the rest of Noble team please leave a comment. I personally haven't seen the other armors but I assume they'll all be out of place like this one. Also begore I go, 343 said clearly that the new Firefight boss isn't Warden Eternal but guess what it says above his head? WARDEN ETERNAL! What a coincidence.
Well, first, they never said the new bosses wouldn't be Warden Eternal, they just mentioned that if you thought the OG Warden was a handful, then you hadn't seen anything yet, which entirely fits Tankmaster Rok in a Wraith Ultra, and a Mythic Warden which has upgraded abilities and properties. Bar that, you know, armor doesn't need to be "exact", right? It's frankly obvious that you're nitpicking, given your points boil down to "the kukri's in a different spot".
Well, the new boss is exactly like Warden Eternal, the new Forerunner one, anyways. He has the same exact attacks. No, it's not upgraded. It still kills you in one hit, so what's the difference? Perhaps maybe the attack does more against a vehicle that it normally two-shots, making it a one-shot. That's no new. That's overkill.
As in the final boss? Or the red Warden Eternal that pops up?
I wonder if he knows that was a Beta? Also, not every match had Wardens as final bosses. Some rounds I played the final bosses were extra tough Hunters.
Like so many people have said, this post is pointless. If you just can't stand the blade being on a different side, then just don't wear it. Don't play halo if this incredibly insignificant detail bothers you so much. The community, as you can see, certainly does not care that much and are just happy to wear emiles armor and look awesome.
He probably won't be wearing it. Unless he spam buys gold packs. It'll be a legendary cosmetic option that you only have that tiny RNG chance to get.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4