Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343, I've had it up to here with your req system.

OP Grihaly

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Do not make violent or threatening posts.

Spoiler:
Show
I enjoy the amount of snowballing that req has created. If my whole team is stuck at req 4 and lower how do we fight a team that has 6 reqs and higher? At what point did that make sense. It only encourages people to quit and move onto the next game. Why spend 30 minutes losing to people who only want to toy with other players and buff their KDA stats. I also love how there is no complaint or way to tell 343 Industries constructive ideas to help them make a decent game. I literally don't care about the story line of halo, for those who do more power to you. I play online against people for fun and enjoy winning as does everyone else. I can't understand why I have to lose because 5 guys in a party dominate the people I'm playing with and by extension me. "Why yes, I'd love to use one of my 15 Battle Riffles in a long range firefight against DMRs."....makes no sense. I play the game for 5 minutes before getting upset with how unbalanced the game is and how 343 doesn't seem to care at all what the casual player thinks of it. I totally agree with Girzzly's idea of having 343 use aesthetics packs and have talked about that with my finds since the game started. Weapon/Vehicle packs with only those things in it, then aesthetic packs for all the crap I don't care about. If you are going to make REQs the main component of the game don't nickel and dime me into a pay to win game. If I wanted that I'll play any popular phone game, any at all. If I make a suggestion as to a couple companies who look at their games and say "Hmmm this seems a little off let's fix it." I direct your attention to Blizzard and, if you want a smaller company, Hi-Rez Studios. Sure they make different styles of games than 343 Industries but understand that the whole point is that when the community overwhelmingly comments about a poor system in place, characters being too strong or weak, races needing nerds or buffs, etc those companies listen and fix the issue. At the end of the day, listen to the community who is buying your games who probably won't be if 343 continues down the road the way it is. For the next game, no REQs, or if you absolutely have to, do make people microtransact for things they really don't want (for me aesthetics, for Grizzly the weapons and vehicles). I know you won't see this anyone who can make a decision at 343 Industries, but if you do I applaud the fact you look at your communities forums. That's the first step of being a good company, the next is to do what the majority of the community would like. You guys are with Microsoft, I'm sure you can do something with this pile of poor system choices. On a positive note good job bringing griffball back. One more baby step there.
Before you buy Gold packs, buy Silver and Bronze packs to eliminate any chance of getting common, uncommon and rare from a Gold pack and thus get the most value out of them.
Your friend probably had all uncommons and rares unlocked so he gets the good stuff.
Before you buy Gold packs, buy Silver and Bronze packs to eliminate any chance of getting common, uncommon and rare from a Gold pack and thus get the most value out of them.
Your friend probably had all uncommons and rares unlocked so he gets the good stuff.
Thats all you need to know
I cry everytime someone posts about their rage on halo
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I did that myself in the beginning, buying Gold instead of Silver. Got lucky a few times but yeah, please go silver until you unlocked almost everything uncommon and rare. Then buy Gold.

That way you get your best chances at Ultra Rare and Legendary.
Halowaypoint.. Stupidity of walmart shoppers, immaturity of 5th grade children, and typing skills of 3rd grade children.
A lot of people with bad grammar could be dyslexic or from a different country. Please take this into account.
You're doing it wrong :(
I despise the req system, cosmetics should be unlocked via a credit or commendation system. Keep the req system in warzone and i'll be happy-er.
I unlocked 104 ways to die, mythic assassination on day 1 of halo 5 on my 7th or 8th gold req pack.
I unlocked 104 ways to die, mythic assassination on day 1 of halo 5 on my 7th or 8th gold req pack.
Nice work, I mean, you won't be getting another until level 100 odd.
Hahah wow. This is what happens when people don't read before they buy.

It VERY CLEARLY says UNCOMMON-Legendary.

So if you have not unlocked ALL the uncommons and rares (from SILVER packs first) you will get them in golds. I get ultra rare and legendaries all the time from my gold packs because I finished my silver packs.

At least TRY to understand the system before complaining about it and coming off as a spoiled child.

For the record, I am NOT defending the system, I don't like it, but you clearly have no idea how it works. So I explained it to prevent any unnecessary and wrong 'facts' with this system.
He doesn't have all of the uncommons and rares, which is just one reason why I can't stand reqs.
Hahah wow. This is what happens when people don't read before they buy.

It VERY CLEARLY says UNCOMMON-Legendary.

So if you have not unlocked ALL the uncommons and rares (from SILVER packs first) you will get them in golds. I get ultra rare and legendaries all the time from my gold packs because I finished my silver packs.

At least TRY to understand the system before complaining about it and coming off as a spoiled child.

For the record, I am NOT defending the system, I don't like it, but you clearly have no idea how it works. So I explained it to prevent any unnecessary and wrong 'facts' with this system.
This what happens when people don't read before they respond.
I VERY CLEARLY say how TERRIBLE this system is.
So you don't like it because you've had back luck compared to what some of your friends have unlocked?
Your friend probably finished his silvers first, which you should be doing before wasting points on gold packs.
Grihaly wrote:
I'd like to meet the person who came up with the idea for reqs... So I can strangle them with their own guts.

Seriously, why? Why does it exist? I keep burning away my life to buy gold, 2x uncommon, 2x uncommon, uncommon and a rare. My best friend on the other hand: 2x legendary, ultra rare and legendary, mythic and a legendary, 2x legendary. *an hour later* "Time for my uncommons!" *opens pack* 2x uncommon. FUUUUUUUU- "You open one" *friend buys a gold* *gets Helioskrill and an ultra rare* Lol k 343, when is Achilles being brought into the req rotation? Back to the point, I'm -Yoink- tired of how terrible your req system is. Halo is no place for RNG. The very least you could do, with this horrendous idea of yours, bump up golds to ultra rare and legendary only. Or, or, or, or, make aesthetic req packs, and weapon req packs, and vehicle req packs, to separate things. So I can open an aesthetic pack, and get like 10 permanent unlocks, and never buy a weapon or vehicle because I never use either. Seriously, that'd be great. I'm on the brink of insanity here, and wishing I could get back every dollar I ever gave to you capitalists.
Don't jump straight into the Gold packs. Grind through the Bronzes, and when you're done with all your uncommons, then move on to your Silvers. When you're done with uncommons and rares, THEN grind through the Golds. you'll have a pretty much 100% chance to get Ultra Rares, Legendaries and Mythics every time.
I agree that the system is flawed, but I think the main issue is the teams, not to mention the halo players that have multiple accounts. I have noticed many players that can be a lower level than me and completely dominate because it is probably a secondary account. The same issue happened with street fighter V where the game was made for the competitive gamers with absolutely no lives instead of for the so called casual gamers wth lives.

I understand this is a competitive shooter but a competitive shooter needs to also be fair. Unfortunately 343 is no Bungie in terms of talent or management in network coding for multiplayer and instead of trying to fix the problem at hand, they just mask it by doing all this req crap ot OP match crap.

Rant done
Grihaly wrote:
I'd like to meet the person who came up with the idea for reqs... So I can strangle them with their own guts.

Seriously, why? Why does it exist? I keep burning away my life to buy gold, 2x uncommon, 2x uncommon, uncommon and a rare. My best friend on the other hand: 2x legendary, ultra rare and legendary, mythic and a legendary, 2x legendary. *an hour later* "Time for my uncommons!" *opens pack* 2x uncommon. FUUUUUUUU- "You open one" *friend buys a gold* *gets Helioskrill and an ultra rare* Lol k 343, when is Achilles being brought into the req rotation? Back to the point, I'm -Yoink- tired of how terrible your req system is. Halo is no place for RNG. The very least you could do, with this horrendous idea of yours, bump up golds to ultra rare and legendary only. Or, or, or, or, make aesthetic req packs, and weapon req packs, and vehicle req packs, to separate things. So I can open an aesthetic pack, and get like 10 permanent unlocks, and never buy a weapon or vehicle because I never use either. Seriously, that'd be great. I'm on the brink of insanity here, and wishing I could get back every dollar I ever gave to you capitalists.
I bolded the part I'm referencing. I certainly hope never. Considering the time put in to earning that if they just open it up to everyone that would be a HUGE slap in the face to countless people.

Wouldn't surprise me though considering they did it with Helioskrill....
I like how it works honestly.
People argue that the REQ system is fine because Halo 5 is a competitive shooter, but I never got that. I'm curious how a system of using in-game currency to get RNG or purchasing RNG packs is competitive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3